Celtic Forum

Taff

Not totally sure where you are coming from with that Keith ?

Okay-okay-okay, I used the banned F word. At the time I used it in an attempt to accurately document my description of a certain individual ................. a description that others felt, given the facts available, was totally justified. Others complained as is their right.

However, I accepted my spank and moved on.

"boy that cried wolf" :blink:

"condescending towards certain religious types" when ?

I was referring in the main to what you've already described in the 2nd sentence there.

I, and a few others took exception to it, possibly because of mis-conception of the context in which you say it was meant.

Anyway, perhaps my previous post wasn't worded as well as it should have been :dash2:

You probably got a good education there cos it's a good school and that's all that should matter, religion belongs in church IMO, if folks want to practice then attend on Sundays or whenever the fancy takes. Leave schools to teach kids their necessary education. We have to do something about this now, argue all you want but separate schools has a major effect, no question about that.

Parents always have the ultimate responsibility of course but splitting wee Johhny up from his best pal from nursery at the age of 5 cos he's a different religion only teaches the kids that they're different and fuels the fire in later years.

Spot on ................. and it's time the Politicians stood up to the Catholic Church and told them this is how it will be. It may take a generation or 2 to take effect but I'm convinced it will have a positive impact on our society, especially if merged with the closing down of Celtic & Rangers FC's .................. now there's a nice thought.

No faith schools near Skaville and I've witnessed no sectarianism/bigotry in my 8 years here.

It's the parents that choose to send their weans there, not the big bad catholic church working in the shadows.

I dont normally get involved in these types of debates,i come from a mixed marriage one parent a catholic one a protestant,so religion has never played a big part in my life,but the comment above is a little much maybe the catholic church wasnt working in the shadows and it is the parents choice,but the catholic church most certainly put pressure on the politicians of the day to provide the funding to set up these segregated schools in the first place.

Can we draw a line under this one soon . It's beginning to sound like an Old Squirm forum ! Whatever you do outside FP during the week is your own business . If you want to worship Satan , Captain Kirk or James McFadden it's your personal choice. We are part of the united gathering of 'well fans who don't give a toss on a Saturday what school you went to ( a common question in the Wild West ! )

I have worked in both sides of the school divide and can tell you it has nothing to do with what school they went to . It's what is brought into school from the home that is the problem. If schools were united then the rednecks of both camps would soon find some other minority to vent their spleens on .

So come on guys lets put this one to bed and leave it for polititians to play with not football supporters.

• Like 2

Can we draw a line under this one soon . It's beginning to sound like an Old Squirm forum ! Whatever you do outside FP during the week is your own business . If you want to worship Satan , Captain Kirk or James McFadden it's your personal choice. We are part of the united gathering of 'well fans who don't give a toss on a Saturday what school you went to ( a common question in the Wild West ! )

I have worked in both sides of the school divide and can tell you it has nothing to do with what school they went to . It's what is brought into school from the home that is the problem. If schools were united then the rednecks of both camps would soon find some other minority to vent their spleens on .

So come on guys lets put this one to bed and leave it for polititians to play with not football supporters.

Agree with this as there is Catholic schools in Australia but zero sign of bigotry or sectarianism in regards to a students school life. Bigotry begins at home and while these knuckle draggers are instilling in their kids that "the other side" are the devil incarnate then the cycle just keeps on turning. Don't blame the schools blame the bigoted parents.

• Like 1