The Chat Room

SteelmaninOZ

I wonder if it would be best to move it to the bottom of the forum or the home page? It's just that as soon as you log in you are "distracted" by the comments and one I saw earlier was a bit over the top so it might not be the best place for wee Johnny's mum to see when he logs in. :(

I wonder if it would be best to move it to the bottom of the forum or the home page? It's just that as soon as you log in you are "distracted" by the comments and one I saw earlier was a bit over the top so it might not be the best place for wee Johnny's mum to see when he logs in. :(

That's the Shout Box up there, not the chat room... you can turn off the shout box altogether in your settings, if you want.

and I thought wee Johnny wasn't meant to be in here so his mum should have a word with herself

EDIT: since when were sprogs welcome in here :(

Shocked, Johnnys maw was wondering where he was learning all that dodgey stuff

• Like 2

That's the Shout Box up there, not the chat room... you can turn off the shout box altogether in your settings, if you want.

Ooops, it was the Shout Box I meant, thanks for clarifying that and yes I see you can turn it off.

and I thought wee Johnny wasn't meant to be in here so his mum should have a word with herself

EDIT: since when were sprogs welcome in here :mellow:

Shocked, Johnnys maw was wondering where he was learning all that dodgey stuff

:laugh:

that's what COPPA validation is for :lol:

as was mentioned above it's very easy to turn it off in the settings if you don't intend to regularly use it :nod:

Rightyo. What do others think about its placement on the forum though? Top or bottom (:( not in the biblical sense).

i might move it to the bottom at a later date, but going to leave it at the top for now. Don't want to fanny about with the coding till everything is settled in, cos I really don't want to have to go through the whole process of putting it in again.

i might move it to the bottom at a later date, but going to leave it at the top for now. Don't want to fanny about with the coding till everything is settled in, cos I really don't want to have to go through the whole process of putting it in again.

Fair enough Gaag.

Need an 'idiot guide' to help me hide the Shoutbox, I can't find how to do it in my settings :(

Click on the box that says "My Prefs" beside the shoutbox and something will come up to allow you to change your preferences like disable it for now or whatever.

Click on the box that says "My Prefs" beside the shoutbox and something will come up to allow you to change your preferences like disable it for now or whatever.

Cheers but I don't seem to have (or maybe just can't find) a 'my prefs' box or any other type of box next to the shoutbox on my screen....

:(:laugh::nod:

try going in via the tabs along the top left then

forums members calendar chat shoutbox blogs

go into the full page shout box via the tab

choose 'my prefs'

then display global shoutbox select NO and then click save

You no think there's a risk it will kill the forum, or at least make it quieter?

We've used a chat room in the past (WTFC days) and it used to be pretty popular during game time with those that couldn't make it to the game.