Dundee Utd Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

Stuarty

Well moving on from today and onto next Sunday looking at heading up to Dundee and staying over on Saturday night anyone recommend any good places for food/drink on the Saturday night?

I don't know Dundee well but I would imagine that any of the local restaurants are usually a good option for food and if you want a drink then I reckon a pub's your best bet.

Last time I stayed the night in Dundee, Tommy Coyne helped knock us out the Cup :nod:

Not sure what they are called now, but Duck Slattery's Garage and Fat Sams were good as was the Old Bank Bar in Reform Street. Coconut Grove was a damn fine place but burnt down a few years back I believe.

Enjoy :wallbash:

Not totally shocked to see McCall stick with the same back four today as against Celtic, at least looks like that from the team sheet anyway.

Will Craigan now come back in to add experience after an uninspired showing, not that I'm sure it purely down to the centre pairing who were like the rest of the team superb last week.

Well moving on from today and onto next Sunday looking at heading up to Dundee and staying over on Saturday night anyone recommend any good places for food/drink on the Saturday night?

Some fabulous pubs in Broughty Ferry ten minutes up the road, The Fishermans, Ship Inn etc. and a fine curry house if its still there. Lovely place.

Be surpirised if there is anything approaching the supports we took the last twice we visited on Cup duty. You going?

Agreed.

Train is a no-no, would need to leave on Saturday night wallbash.gif app 250mile round trip, and at over £1.30 a litre, and live on TV ..................... no brainer really.

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2011/02/24/quarter-final-super-sunday/

Motherwell FC are delighted to announce that the Centenary Suite will be open from 11am on Sunday 13th March for an afternoon of live Scottish Cup action.

If you’ve no plans to travel to Tannadice, why not bring the family along to join Dougie Arnott and guests for live TV coverage of our match versus Dundee Utd – a re-run of that famous day in May twenty years ago.

The Centenary Suite will remain open for business as we wait (in collective hope) for the players’ triumphant return to Fir Park.

Our Super Sunday continues into the night with Karaoke fun for all the family.

For more information, contact us on 01698 338008.

Its 30 years ago today that Ally Mcleod took his Motherwell side to Tanadice in the quarter final of the Scottish cup. Lets hope we do better on Sunday than we did that day we lost 6-1.

That's scary - remember it well, I think. Went in front early on, then the roof caved in. In fariness Utd were a smashing team at that time, but we Jim McLean, might have been a bit OTT when he fined them for not being entertaining?

Pie - you're right mate it is a no brainer (damn TV, Rail companies, SKY and Gadaffi) - 4 of us travelling up with the Wishy branch, looking forward to it.

Is there something happening at Fir Park regarding the showing of the game live? I'm sure I saw something on the official site, but it doesn't seem to be there now.

Who cares!

Unless you can`t physically make it up to Dundee on Sunday, or genuienly can`t afford it, all Well fans should be at Tannadice.

£10 for a Scottish Cup QF is good value, plus the fact we get some of the gate, so get up to the game n cheer the boys on!!

`Mon the Well!

Who cares!

Unless you can`t physically make it up to Dundee on Sunday, or genuienly can`t afford it, all Well fans should be at Tannadice.

£10 for a Scottish Cup QF is good value, plus the fact we get some of the gate, so get up to the game n cheer the boys on!!

`Mon the Well!

Unfortunately I fall into the latter category. It'll be Fir Park for me.

I'll be taking the Missus up to it. She seems to have the Fitba bug following the Semi. I'm stopping off at Leuchars for my Bro-in-law and his missus.

With the game being £10 a skull, hopefully we take a big crowd up and make the powers that be realise "We drop the price to a tenner and look at the atmosphere..."

Wishful thinking?

Just hope we get the same Motherwell that was at Hampden and played the Shellik rather than the Motherwell that played St Midden...

4 - 3 Well anyone? :jester:

• Like 1

Our record at Tannadice is terrible - got to change at somepoint and with United playing tonight vs Sheep on ESPN and the Accies thugs on thursday hopefully they pick up some injuries in time for Sunday.

edit to add does league suspensions carry into the cup? And is Jenno the only 'Well player suspended?

I'll be taking the Missus up to it. She seems to have the Fitba bug following the Semi. I'm stopping off at Leuchars for my Bro-in-law and his missus.

With the game being £10 a skull, hopefully we take a big crowd up and make the powers that be realise "We drop the price to a tenner and look at the atmosphere..."

Wishful thinking?

Just hope we get the same Motherwell that was at Hampden and played the Shellik rather than the Motherwell that played St Midden...

:evilgrin:

Wishful thinking?

easily pleased?:whistling:

Its 30 years ago today that Ally Mcleod took his Motherwell side to Tanadice in the quarter final of the Scottish cup. Lets hope we do better on Sunday than we did that day we lost 6-1.

You're making me feel old. I was at that game - unfortunately the team didn't turn up :P

To be fair though, that was a Dundee Utd side who could take 6 off anyone on their day,