Dundee Utd Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

Stuarty

I'm in Strathblane just now and we've got nothing, however only 10 miles away in Cumbernauld isn't looking too pretty. A mate in Livingston has told me its 4" deep there.

It has been raining constantly since early o'clock this morning so based on that front moving east and north, I reckon the amount of rain regardless of snow will mean the game will be off based on the state of their pitch this season.

it isn't going to be any worse travelling up than it was for the cup game at dens, i think the game will be on.

what team to play however? for me craigan has to come back in and i'd jones a start as well as humphrey hasn't had a kick against dixon this season. i'd start gunning at left mid as well, forbes was very poor last week and hung hammell out to dry at the first goal.

randy

saunders hutchinson craigan hammell

jones hateley lasley gunning

murphy sutton

United know that too. They'll be in no rush to clear snow if it arrives.

Forecast is for some heavy rain during the course of today/tomorrow morning. Waterlogged pitch anyone ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/2236?&search=dundee&itemsPerPage=10&region=world#

Ps after the 0-0 draw with Smeltic in 91,did u think we would win the replay ?? ;)

After been drawn at the Cup Holders where we hadn't won since Bobby Graham, I never thought we'd get past the first tie. 66-1 yer money though :evilgrin:

I honesly cant put into words how i felt in 1991 amazing it was and how priveliged i felt to be there something i dont think i'll ever forget. I've always hoped and prayed that now that im 47 years old i'll see my team lift the cup again before i kick it. Who knows?? What i do know is this current bunch of spineless woossies whose been COMFORTABLY GUBBED by A CRAP ST MIRREN AND CALEY THISTLE. Wont get within 3 goals of Dundee Utd on sunday. <_>

that teuchtar chufter on the bbc just read this pish out on the telly.

a complete embarrassment. if we win tomorrow it'll be getting rammed right up you up and even if we get beat you're still a wank.

• Like 1

Was going to say the exact same thing. Total embarrassment that the whole country has heard that being read out...i just hope that people recognise this is not the view of all fans and only this muppet. Any chance u could go into the dressing room tomorrow and spout this pish to them,really fire them up for the win. Mon the 'well! Hope everyone going tomorrow is right up for it and make sure the players know we appreciate them.

• Like 1

Made it to Dundee! PISHING down with rain right now but hopefully dry off a bit by tomorrow

Roads were a okay a but of slush and standing water in the outside lane

Settling down to watch the rugby with a nice glass of red, come on Wales

Sadly for me and my sister to go it would have involved another 7:30am departure from the house to make this one at the lowest price, plus the fact we can't afford to go I'm afraid this is a No go for me :(

I'm in the mood to spoil the United Party from the last week and I think we have what it takes to destroy them, taking into account their 4 games in a week and our stronger sqaud as a result of injury returns.. Going for a comfy 3-1 Victory with Murphy and Sutton getting another brace. thumbup.gif

Its a cup game so anything is possible. We seem to be inconsistent so after a shite showing last week we should expect a decent performance tomorrow!

Team wise we are obviously without Jenno, so I imagine we'll see Saunders start at right back with Hateley in the central midfield three with Las and Forbes. I think we will line-up 4-5-1 and I think Crags will return to the starting X1, but I'm not sure whether Hutch or Gunning will drop out. I do think that Jeffers will be on the bench though.

United have played twice this week already and might be a little weary, but they have guys like Daly, Conway and Swanson fit again, so we will be up against it.

United will be the bookies favs, but I reckon we'll take a draw at least from this.

Mon the Well!

Bottom line is that DDee Ut have a decent squad with strong physique and are IMHO a fair bit better than us right now.

What will make the difference is that all our players need to bring their A game. That means NO fannying about around our box by Hately for example, or Murphy playing as he is capable of and Sutton playing like he did against Celtic and not on other numerous occasions.

If we let them bully us on and off the ball, it will be a long afternoon.

If the Celtic Motherwell turn up, the least we will get is a draw. If the ICT or St Mirren Motherwell turn up then it will be a comfortable afternoon for the home side.

I will go for 2-2 and 8 clubs in the semi final draw on Monday :evilgrin:

• Like 2