Dundee Utd Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

Stuarty

Is it not a bit early to be on the bevvy?

That will be the chapter when his contract expires and McCall tells him to fuck right off!

I wonder what the odds are as to who will be first to leave. McCall or Esteban?

Why? Anytime the guys been on the park, he don`t look that bad.

He ain`t had a fair crack. The way Murphys been playing, well worth a shot.

Though would go Sutty n Jeffers tonight laugh.gif

Good that Kenneths still out, we can do this, `Mon the Well!!!!!

fuck it, go for a 3-4-3 tonight.

Hutch, Gunning, Craigan

Hammell, Jennings, Lasley, Hateley

Murphy, Sutton, Jeffers

Hammell and Hateley can double up as wing backs, and we've got Humphrey, Forbes and the goal machine to come off the bench if we need 'em. Although perhaps putting Saunders/Page in instead of Craigan might be a good idea.

Let's do it.

I'd assume Saunders is definitely out. A scan to find out whether your out for the rest of the season would very rarely tell you that you could play twenty four hours later. Dundee Utd have a lot of pace going forward in Goodwillie, Swanson and Conway and I think that could be a bit much for Crags after ninety minutes last night. I wish Northern Ireland had played him on Friday and not last night instead of the opposite way about. I'd go for:

Randolph

Hateley Hutchinson Gunning Hammell

Humphrey Lasley Jennings Jones

Jeffers Sutton

Subs: Craigan, Murphy, Hollis, Forbes, Casagolda.

I'd assume Saunders is definitely out. A scan to find out whether your out for the rest of the season would very rarely tell you that you could play twenty four hours later. Dundee Utd have a lot of pace going forward in Goodwillie, Swanson and Conway and I think that could be a bit much for Crags after ninety minutes last night. I wish Northern Ireland had played him on Friday and not last night instead of the opposite way about. I'd go for:

Randolph

Hateley Hutchinson Gunning Hammell

Humphrey Lasley Jennings Jones

Jeffers Sutton

Subs: Craigan, Murphy, Hollis, Forbes, Casagolda.

I think the above is the most realistic formation with only Jeffers and Murphy switching, however I'd personally opt for Jeffers from the start, tonight is the night you need to take your chances when offered and I can't remember the last time Murphy had a clean shot opposed to a trundler.

As for the defence, fair bit of pace there to contain their speedy attack, however a couple have had the tendency to make the odd miss-timed challenge. Time to screw the nut lads, their attack will jump on any chance to get a soft penalty and we've been victim to a few of those recently.

Don't fear, there will be a certain degree of trepidation among their players and fans tonight too, on paper we have a speedy team with an experienced head in Jeffers and the on-form striker in the country. Our Achilles heel will be the defence remaining calm and composed and addressing issues quickly.

I can't remember the last time Murphy had a clean shot opposed to a trundler.

If he plays, I really hope he’s got his shooting boots on. Like yourself I would opt for the experience of Jeffers, as on his day he has the potential to be our match winner.

And...

If only Humphrey could shoot, our passage to the semi would be secure!

i fear we had aour chance in the first game and i think it will be typical well tonight best chance of a final in a while and we will blow it

You never know... the same thing would have been said in 91 when we had to re-play agains Celtic... even then they took the lead twice and we still won.

I think the fact he's never figured this season means its felt he hasn't got the tools. Blitz him from your memory along with Casagolda. I think its a definite Goldenballs and Zorba picking up their P45's in the summer for players who may actually figure in the odd game.