Quarter Final For Non-Travellers

BobWilson (Anchorman)

Apologies if this link has been posted previously... Just a wee bump of something on the 'fishal.

Beer, Free Pies, Fitba & The Players

As the link says, the Centenary Suite will be open from 11am on Sunday.

Reasons You Might Want To Watch The Game At The 'ark

• Kids welcome (could be handy for carrying you home, I'll lend one of mine).
  • King Dooogie pouring the ales.
  • Free pies for lard asses and those who enjoy the occasional treat.
  • Meet the players on their return to FP. Carry them high when we win, throw cauld pies if they don't.
  • Karaoke later on... Everyone gets a go at Just Can't Get Enough.

A lot of effort goes into these things "up-by", and those involved should be congratulated. I know we all have our own regular boozers for watching games, but this offers something a bit different. Give it a thought on Sunday lads & lassies, would love to see these events being well attended.

Intae Thum.

drinks.gif

Apologies if this link has been posted previously... Just a wee bump of something on the 'fishal.

Beer, Free Pies, Fitba & The Players

As the link says, the Centenary Suite will be open from 11am on Sunday.

Reasons You Might Want To Watch The Game At The 'ark

• Kids welcome (could be handy for carrying you home, I'll lend one of mine).
  • King Dooogie pouring the ales.
  • Free pies for lard asses and those who enjoy the occasional treat.
  • Meet the players on their return to FP. Carry them high when we win, throw cauld pies if they don't.
  • Karaoke later on... Everyone gets a go at Just Can't Get Enough.

A lot of effort goes into these things "up-by", and those involved should be congratulated. I know we all have our own regular boozers for watching games, but this offers something a bit different. Give it a thought on Sunday lads & lassies, would love to see these events being well attended.

Intae Thum.

drinks.gif

Bob just a few points.........:doh:

How many free pies per person/child ?

Are they mince or the steak ones ?

Are they Chapmans ? (Mince or Steak)

Can you guarantee Arnott will serve my pint ?

If we lose will it be mince or the steak pies or Chapmans thrown at the players ?

Will Mr S Kirk let anyone one else on the karaoke ?

Will the bar be serving alcohol at 11 am ? (Might cancel swiming at Wishae 1000hrs)

Is there a vegi option ? :cheers:

Look forward to ur reply........8)

Ps Tam Forsyth no gonae be there ????

Was going to head to Daniels but the free pies might swing it...

How much is a pint in the Centenary?

You've earned your money Jay so you can spend most of it exactly how you wish. Unless the cost of drink is horrendously more expensive at FP than in JDs, why would anyone pass up a chance to support the club financially? If our club is providing the entertainment (hopefully) then I think it only right that we should support it financially rather than filling the coffers of pubs and global drinks giants.

But its a free world and folk can do what they wish.

How many free pies per person/child ?

Are they mince or the steak ones ?

Are they Chapmans ? (Mince or Steak)

Can you guarantee Arnott will serve my pint ?

If we lose will it be mince or the steak pies or Chapmans thrown at the players ?

Will Mr S Kirk let anyone one else on the karaoke ?

Will the bar be serving alcohol at 11 am ? (Might cancel swiming at Wishae 1000hrs)

Is there a vegi option ? :cheers:

Ps Tam Forsyth no gonae be there ????

8, round, either, naw, baith, naw (ken), best no cancel yer lesson... I'm fed up lookin at yer ring when we go bathing evilgrin.gif

Vegi's like you are always welcome.

As for big Tam, we've bitten & made up wub.gif

Intae Thum.

You've earned your money Jay so you can spend most of it exactly how you wish. Unless the cost of drink is horrendously more expensive at FP than in JDs, why would anyone pass up a chance to support the club financially? If our club is providing the entertainment (hopefully) then I think it only right that we should support it financially rather than filling the coffers of pubs and global drinks giants.

But its a free world and folk can do what they wish.

I wasn't basing my decision on the price of the pint, I was asking out of interest.

Just for the record, we went to Daniels. Whoops.

Did anyone else from the board attend this?

I did, and thought it was an excellent day out. The place was pretty full and there was a good atmosphere.

The free pies went down a treat as well.

A great atmosphere,great game :lol:

£2.70 for a pint of Kronenbourg..:cheers: .

......and free pies...:woop:

...shame the strippers never turned up !!!!!!:evilgrin::whistling:

...shame the strippers never turned up !!!!!!:evilgrin::whistling:

When Humphrey turned up you wished he was the stripper wub.gif

Cracking turn out and good to see some old faces from the forum. Diane appreciated the support of a few of you guys, you know who you are...

Onwards.

Credit to the club for doing that - anything to get us a wee bit extra dough. Was never going to stop me going to the match but for those who couldn't afford the time because of other commitments or unable to travel was as well the club made the money. I just hope it didn't stop people travelling but we'll never know.

I just hope it didn't stop people travelling but we'll never know.

I doubt it would have to be honest. If anyone was seriously considering going to the game they would have done.

It was a nice little money earner for the club though. A lot of the fans who attended would most likely have sat at home and watched it otherwise.

I doubt it would have to be honest. If anyone was seriously considering going to the game they would have done.

It was a nice little money earner for the club though. A lot of the fans who attended would most likely have sat at home and watched it otherwise.

Did ye no sing I just cant get enough David?....when the free pies came oot? :drinks:

Great idea from the Club. The clubs down here do that when the teams play away.

I'm not so sure. I think there would have been many who would have been toying with going and the club's decision to hold this event would have swayed their decision not to go.

Not sure I totally approve of the club discouraging fans from going to the game, especially when it's a split gate, but I suppose that's the TV age for you.

Joeboy - you raise an interesting point, one that we have struggled with a bit in recent seasons.

You'll probably know that Sunday was the first time, certainly since I arrived here in October 08, that we have done something like this. We decided to do it for a number of reasons.

It was a little bit of a test to see if there was any demand, we wanted to offer supporters the opportunity to try something different, we wanted to see if there was a market for such days and if there was incremental revenue we could drive through the bar and I guess we knew that there would be supporters who for one reason or another, would not travel and would watch in a local pub.

There is no correct view, my own for what it is worth is that those who wanted to travel did travel and the feedback from the staff who worked on the day is that they suspected most who showed up on the day would most likely have watched at home and were not the usual local pub crowd.

Not sure if we will do it again.....hopefully 'when' we get to the Semi Final.... it will be a minor headache to decide....

I can't really see it stopping people going to a game . If I was a local I'd rather watch it at the club and have a drink etc give the club my business than sit in the house or a pub watching it.

Let's face it must make money for the club . Could be good when we go to games against the Old Scum rather than face giving them £30+ for tickets pie and bovril.

Does the Cooper still do food before the home games? , remember a couple of seasons ago it was hotdog, curry etc specials before the match.