Congrats To Randolph

Kris*Kaizer 2*Nunn

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Randoloph & Craigan are going to be unavailable to us on the 29th they simply cannot have the replay that week. Only reason it's even penciled in for then is that United have had so many games cancelled at Tannadice. No way should they get the benefit of a later replay date and then the added benefit of us being without our captain and our best player this season.

Why not play it on the Tuesday 22nd of March before the International break? Just been having a wee nosey through the Utd fixture list and that week is free. Sure the boys on international duty will be cutting it fine but the FA'smaybe be a bit sympathetic?

Utd Fixtures

I'd just came on here to ask that same question! So aye, +1

Why not play it on the Tuesday 22nd of March before the International break? Just been having a wee nosey through the Utd fixture list and that week is free. Sure the boys on international duty will be cutting it fine but the FA'smaybe be a bit sympathetic?

Utd Fixtures

Maybe it was put at the 29th originally at our request so that we can have some time to grow some grass??

I have no knowledge if the above is true, i am just throwing it out there. It would be a major fuck up by us, if that was the case.

Maybe it was put at the 29th originally at our request so that we can have some time to grow some grass??

I have no knowledge if the above is true, i am just throwing it out there. It would be a major fuck up by us, if that was the case.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

What's the damage of playing on the grass one week earlier (or maybe a week and a half earlier if we were thinking our next home game would be the league game against Aberdeen), how much less grass would that give us to play on?

congrats big man thoroughly deserved imo. :yahoo: from a selfish point of view if we are made to play on the 29th maybe he,ll be allowed to attend the 1st game only. i seem to remember that the initial replay date was 23rd march i stand corrected if i,m wrong. thought i read it on the spl /sfa site

When are Scotland U21's playing? Because we'll be missing Steven Saunders as well if that's, as I imagine it would be, around the same time as the full international games.

If that's three, then that's surely sufficient to get it re-scheduled for an alternative date.

EDIT: But in keeping with the intended theme of the thread. Well deserved Randy!!

When are Scotland U21's playing? Because we'll be missing Steven Saunders as well if that's, as I imagine it would be, around the same time as the full international games.

If that's three, then that's surely sufficient to get it re-scheduled for an alternative date.

EDIT: But in keeping with the intended theme of the thread. Well deserved Randy!!

Add to that the fact that Dundee United will probably have players away on international duty too, either in the big teams or the U-21s. So they may not be keen to play the game on the 29th.

Why? They are neither Scottish or within the remit of the SFA. It was silly to pencil in that date for a top cup game, but then again many an FA have faced this problem when the African Cup of Nations comes around. Both Craigan and Randolph are foreign internationlists. Gonna be tough though.

Saunders will be back before the game as the U21's match is 24th.

As for Randolph, when I heard that Given was out for the forseeable future I thought he couldn't be too far away from a call up. Well done the big man.

Why? They are neither Scottish or within the remit of the SFA. It was silly to pencil in that date for a top cup game, but then again many an FA have faced this problem when the African Cup of Nations comes around. Both Craigan and Randolph are foreign internationlists. Gonna be tough though.

Its surely in the best interests of the SFA to protect the integrity of their own competition no?

If we purposely decided to chuck in a youth team for a Scottish Cup I bet that would fall under their remit and they;d have something to say about it being devalued.

So it seems only fair then that in this circumstance that they should do what they can to assist the clubs come up with an alternative date that is fair to all parties.

Totally agree, but having two foreigners playing for their country is not reason enough to automatically postpone a game. I'm more shocked they've pencilled it in for an international date. I'm sure if we approach the SFA they may reconsider said date, although not sure if United have a say or not.