Congrats To Randolph

Kris*Kaizer 2*Nunn

Just as an aside and different rules for different governing bodies may well apply here but I see that Plymouth's game with Southampton has been called off due to international call-ups. How many players could ofcourse be the factor there.

But I do think it would be interesting to know who came up with the date in the first place and what scope there is for movement.

Not a peep from the club on the matter yet, and whilst that's not to say they aren't enquiring/pressing in the background, I might have thought that some concern would have been aired by someone at FP.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree, but having two foreigners playing for their country is not reason enough to automatically postpone a game. I'm more shocked they've pencilled it in for an international date. I'm sure if we approach the SFA they may reconsider said date, although not sure if United have a say or not.

So what is the rule then? Pretty sure having 2 or 3 important players on International duty is reason enough to cancel, foreign or not.

It might come down to Motherwell having to request Dundee Utd to rearrange it. It wouldn't surprise me if they were to turn it down though, if they see their chances of getting through a lot better with us missing Craigan and Randolph.

Hutchinson and Gunning might also get called up for their nations U21s games which would make it a lot more difficult.

Delighted for big Randy, he has been superb all season and deserves this accolade.

I imagine that the cup game will HAVE to be moved. United will have players on international duty too, so for me its inevitable it'll be moved.

So what is the rule then? Pretty sure having 2 or 3 important players on International duty is reason enough to cancel, foreign or not.

For foreigners there is no rule. For many clubs, especially big ones this was the big problem for the African Cup of Nations. Chelsea didn't shutdown when they had Drogba and Essien missing.

It is up to the parties involve I believe to come to some sort of arrangement (or the FA/governing body to step in). If it was 2 or 3 Scots then it would automatically be postponed/would never have been penned for that date.

Scotland only have the Brazil game on the Saturday - so the 11 Unitede players that are shaggnig Levein - erm involved with Scotland will be available for the Tuesday

Scotland play on the Sunday, and I'm sure if any United players play in that match they may be unavailable. Although it will be more than 48 hours since the game, FIFA/SFA could see it as still less than two days...

there's no chance the game will be on the 29th. we'll have craigan, randolph, saunders away and gunning if ireland u21 are doing anything. will rangers be playing any of their postponed fixtures during the international release date? will they fuck. if they make us play but not the h**s i'll be taking a lead from the greeks and digging up fir park the night before the game.

there's no chance the game will be on the 29th. we'll have craigan, randolph, saunders away and gunning if ireland u21 are doing anything. will rangers be playing any of their postponed fixtures during the international release date? will they fuck. if they make us play but not the h**s i'll be taking a lead from the greeks and digging up fir park the night before the game.

Are you a private in the Plowman Unit of the Claret & Amber Army? :popcorn:

I would imagine that the game will be moved. If not the SFA could rightly be accused of handing United a major advantage and that woul devalue the competition. Lets not forget that our 2 players have not been suspended. Neither they nor the club have done anything wrong. Quite the reverse in fact.

Not that I disagree but Rangers games are being organised by the SPL, ours by the SFA so not the same body so the one rule for us and one for them would be hard to prove. Did there not used to be a rule that if three players were away you could get a postponement? Maybe I made that up.

Who are the current Eire keepers? Any chance the big man's gonna get a game? Don't see the cup tie being moved but the really annoying thing about it is the only reason we are playing that date is coz of Utd's stuffed pitch. Their fault for the late date of this tie so if we end up being punished by their inability to get their pitch in order then that seriously needs to be looked at by Motherwell as an avenue to protest. How bad was their pitch anyway to induce all they call offs? FFS look at the state of ours & we managed to get games on.

Looks like somebody beat you to it fella :whistling:

I've got one of them feelings about this. Think there'll be a bit of a bust up - but they'll (the SFA) try to push for the 29th.

Scrub that - looks like we've started a shit-storm

Motherwell want their Scottish Cup replay against Dundee United to be rescheduled because on its proposed date they will be without goalkeeper Darren Randolph and captain Stephen Craigan, who will be on international duty. (The Sun)