Congrats To Randolph

Kris*Kaizer 2*Nunn

Stick on they move it to a no TV day.

Anyroads, with Randolph now getting highlighted, how long before a Celtic bid comes in? For sure! According to the Sun (I know) Celtics goalkeepr has a 'stunning' 15 clean sheets.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can Radolph and Craigan just not refuse to play for their country and say they have important club business on that day?

Also is it proper internationals or friendlys?

They could, but they won't (and if they did they'd probably be marked as unavailable for club duty anyway). It's a European Qualifier.

Correct me if I am wrong, but has the Hibs-Celtic game, due to be played this midweek, not been cancelled to allow the caley thistle-celtic cup game to be played????

Surely if United have a league game scheduled some midweek it too should be rearranged!!!

Cup should take priority but I think the problem is we agreed to this date prior to the first game, major fuck up if that's the case cos the first thing I thought of was "That's an International week"

Yep. It would have been pencilled in before the game, so we would have agreed to it before kick off. Sad thing is, FIFA announce international dates 4 years in advance, while the European Championship Qualifiers fixtures have been known for what, over a year :doh:

STV seem to think the replay will be going ahead regardless:

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/dundee-united/235350-call-ups-wont-affect-dundee-united-and-motherwell-replay-date/

Call-ups won't affect Dundee United and Motherwell replay date

15 March 2011 09:56 GMT

Dundee United and Motherwell drew their quarter final tie 2-2 at Tannadice, leading to the replay on March 29. Pic: ©SNS Group

STV understands Dundee United's Scottish Cup quarter final replay with Motherwell is set to go ahead on March 29, despite discussions between the two teams over moving the tie to another date because of international commitments.

Both of the club’s managers agreed on the date several weeks ago but the call-up of three Motherwell players to their respective national squads had led to the Fir Park side looking at alternative dates.

Darren Randolph and Stephen Craigan have been called up to the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland squads respectively, with Steven Saunders in the Scotland Under-21 side to face Belgium on March 24.

But it is understood Dundee United are resigned to the fixture going ahead as agreed, with no other dates available before the Scottish Cup semi-finals on April 16/17 without postponing an SPL match.

The Tannadice club could lose goalkeeper Dusan Pernis through international commitments but would be happy to field reserve keeper Steve Banks in his absence.

United already have an outstanding fixture to schedule against Rangers, which was first cancelled in October, before the split. There are three possible dates for that game to be played: either April 12 or 13, unless Rangers progress to the Europa League quarter finals; the weekend of April 16, unless Dundee United reach the semi-finals of the Scottish Cup; or April 19/20, which formally falls after the SPL split but before the next round of games is underway.

The prospect therefore of having to reschedule another match isn’t in Dundee United’s interests, unless the SPL were to announce a delay to the league split to accommodate additional fixtures.

STV understands the SPL have previously discussed the possibility of moving the split back to accommodate an additional midweek matches as a contingency, with Celtic also facing fixture problems.

Typical. We're gonna get done over again. Should never have agreed that date in the first place. Scottish Cup takes priority over the league though, no? So why ain't we pushing for an SPL postponement to accomodate it, much like Celtic have had.

I think we'll still cuff them regardless. c***s!

However lets play the 'Fair's fair' card and propose Sat 26th March.

The same date as the Scotland / Brazil game and see if they fancy lining up without Goodwillie and the countless other levein arselickers.

(btw - I'm perfectly happy with Gunning and Hutch in the centre)

Anyway, if we're playing silly buggers - Sat 26th it is for me!!!

Couldn`t blame Utd if they don`t agree to a new date, very poor planning on Motherwells part.

They may have been caught out by Randys inclusion in the ROI squad, which he thoroughly deserves. But being 1 of our best players this season, you can`t afford to take that gamble!!

If the 22nd is available, we should be doing everything to get it arranged for then.

I think we'll still cuff them regardless. c***s!

(btw - I'm perfectly happy with Gunning and Hutch in the centre)

gunning has also been called up leaving us with hutch and page as the only centre backs

I think a wee heads up from MFC might be helpful here to let us know where we stand. There already has been a fair bit of discussion with the potential for a lot more speculation while there remain a number of things unclear.

It would be interesting to know why the 29th was agreed in the first place, who were the instigators of that date, is there a will from us/and/or Dundee Utd and the SFA to change and what is the likliehood of that change taking place.

Aside from the quote-free note that was in The Sun a few posts earlier there's not been much mentioned and the STV report hinting at the possibility of the start of the split being delayed makes it that further bit more cloudy.