Congrats To Randolph

Kris*Kaizer 2*Nunn

Maybe Randolph should consider withdrawing from the RI squad unless he is guaranteed some game time?

The other issue is SKY. If they were in a position to televise the replay on that date, then that would be another £80k+ for both teams. If it is moved and not televised, then you can understand why DDee Utd would not wish to lose out on TV revenue.

That said and as others have pointed out - if DDee Utd were missing 2 or more key players, then I am sure they would move mountains to get the date changed. Hollis is an adequate deputy, but he is no Steve Banks and were it to go to penalties well he may surprise, but then again...................

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As the teams paying these c***s wages don't we have any fucking say in this pish?

Yes that is why FIFA release the international dates 4 years in advance. We've known about the fact Northern Ireland could possibly be playing on the 29 March 2011 since the start of the 2007/08 season....

Motherwell just, wrongly didn't expect any other players to be called up, and tbh Randolph may not have if Given wasn't injured. Saying that, he's been injured for a while so why Motherwell thought it was a good idea god knows.

Could well be Underboyle, there was certainly a hope that the pitch would have improved by the time we were due to play Aberdeen in early April.

I think that's why a wee bit of clarity is required. Lots of room for speculation and guesswork about the possibilities but all we seem to know just is that its the 29th March, not how or who got us there and what avenue's remain for change.

I have to agree with underboyleheating, although i posted a comment on the united thread, why not go for an earlier date an play at another ground ?

Livingston , Airdie or my personal choice of a local game for me .... St Midden , lets be honest clubs would like the extra income and beating United basically is us getting to the final as I can't see Brechin or Saint Johnstone beating us. (hopeful i know)

Dundee United chairman Stephen Thompson could force Motherwell to face his side on March 29, for a Scottish Cup replay – despite the fact Well will be without skipper Stephen Craigan and keeper Darren Randolph who are slated to appear on international duty.

It is understood both side’s managers, Stuart McCall and Peter Houston, are amenable to a change of date as the game falls two days after Scotland play Brazil at the Emirates Stadium, with several United players in contention for a place in the squad.

United gaffer Houston and Motherwell assistant Kenny Black will be away with Scotland as part of Craig Levein’s back-room staff.

But tough-talking Thompson says he is not for changing the date of the Fir Park clash, despite Well ace Randolph being called up for the Republic of Ireland squad and team-mate Craigan on duty with Northern Ireland.

The Tannadice supremo said: “Both clubs agreed to the replay date before the game on Sunday and knew the possibilities of players getting called-up. Motherwell should have known their captain could have been called up and not agreed the date.

“I feel the SFA will ultimately have to decide what happens. If someone comes up with a solution we will look at it.”

must be running scared of the mighty well cos it seems there is a chance that his 1st choice keeper may also be called up. if he does block it as said, then i hope he needs the well to do them a favour sometime & we play hard ball for a change. :wallbash: rats

Where does the 48 hours come into it? Is that some sort of official ruling? :huh:

I have my doubts though I'll happily bow to your greater knowledge if you can advise us otherwise. I just can't see them moving the game 24 hours if it wasn't going to change a thing. Surely pointless if that's the case.

Assuming there is no written down regulation, the key thing here for me is that it brings Randolph right back into the frame. Remember that whilst Craggs will be will involved in a Qualifier with NI, the Republic of Ireland are only playing in a friendly.

Whilst there aren't any written down rules, international managers have been known to be accommodating to club managers on occasion when it comes to players with important matches looming and realistically would he have been starting anyway?

I would fully expect Craggs to be involved to the full with NI mind you so I would still consider him unlikely to be involved. Perhaps on the bench as cover at best?

Its not completely ideal but its a help I'd say.

As far as i see it Randolph will be ok to play. A keeper can play 2 games in 2 days. Craigan on the other hand i would imagine will be a sub. It's better than nothing and with what i've been reading Motherwell knew that these internationals were taking place when the replay date was discussed. A swift kick in the Kelvins for who agreed methinks. :angry:

As far as i see it Randolph will be ok to play. A keeper can play 2 games in 2 days. Craigan on the other hand i would imagine will be a sub. It's better than nothing and with what i've been reading Motherwell knew that these internationals were taking place when the replay date was discussed. A swift kick in the Kelvins for who agreed methinks. :angry:

Sure I read Gunning or Saunders game would be on the Thursday, surely not?

Where does the 48 hours come into it? Is that some sort of official ruling? :huh:

I have my doubts though I'll happily bow to your greater knowledge if you can advise us otherwise. I just can't see them moving the game 24 hours if it wasn't going to change a thing. Surely pointless if that's the case.

Assuming there is no written down regulation, the key thing here for me is that it brings Randolph right back into the frame. Remember that whilst Craggs will be will involved in a Qualifier with NI, the Republic of Ireland are only playing in a friendly.

Whilst there aren't any written down rules, international managers have been known to be accommodating to club managers on occasion when it comes to players with important matches looming and realistically would he have been starting anyway?

I would fully expect Craggs to be involved to the full with NI mind you so I would still consider him unlikely to be involved. Perhaps on the bench as cover at best?

Its not completely ideal but its a help I'd say.

I'll try find the article but it was mentioned this was the main reason to have international dates go over Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday. It was to give the FA's more time with the players, but also to allow a clear window between international game and club games and certain clubs were moaning that the current period was too short between internationals and club fixtures.

The 48 hour/2 day thing was originally set out for those that required to travel to and from internationals.

Under 21 games take place on the 24th.

OK found that statute of regulations. Seems the 48 hour rule is only for Nations/matches outside the confederation of the club. So both Craigan and Randolph WILL be available for the match.

7. Players complying with a call-up from their association under the terms of

this article shall resume duty with their clubs no later than 24 hours after the

end of the match for which they were called up. This period shall be extended

to 48 hours if the match concerned took place in a different confederation

to the one in which the player’s club is registered. Clubs shall be informed in

writing of a player’s outbound and return schedule ten days before the match.

Associations shall ensure that players are able to return to their clubs on time

after the match.

8. If a player does not resume duty with his club by the deadline stipulated in

this article, the next time the player is called up by his association, the period of

release shall be shortened as follows:

a) friendly matches: 24 hours;

b) qualifying matches: three days;

c) the fi nal competition of an international tournament: ten days.

Surely Duds will suffer more call-ups for key players than our two? This may yet work in our favour. By the way, do you not think that Hollis is good enough to take Big Randy's place?