Killie V Well Match Thread

Yir Elder

Never seen the game but the form of Murphy has been a concern for months. The boy needs a proper rest. And not just on the bench for a few weeks, he arguably needs a break away from training.

The consequences of playing in European Preliminary games during the summer as opposed to getting a standard break between seasons has inevitably caught up with him.

They badly missed Las in the centre.

Actually thought Gloria looked okay when he came on ( or might have looked better playing with todays team.

The next person to see Craig Burley at a match slap the c##t for me. How long did he go on the Jenno should definetly should have been sent off for his second bad challenge. Yet it was Forbes who kicked the boy ankle !!! Nay wonder SKY don't ask for you to join them.

Murphy lacks time in the team playing in the same postition, he always gets moved to allow others to fit in. He is way to lightweight too, toughen him up !!! not rocket science.

The consequences of playing in European Preliminary games during the summer as opposed to getting a standard break between seasons has inevitably caught up with him.

he's played 84 games for us since gannon took over as well as 10ish for the scotland u21s. that's 90+ games in 21 months for a guy who is still 21 and takes a fair bit of punishment from defenders.

i agree that he'll benefit from a break but we should presevere with him just now. i don't think he played as badly as some are making out today, he was our main out ball and took a lot of passes in to feet in decent areas. he was far, far better than humphrey.

Great first twenty minutes followed by a horrendous 70. That is all.

Not much difference to last Sunday at Tannadice then? Good first 15 minutes, horrendous 60 minutes and good last 15 minutes). Sadly we're beginning to find some consistency now, but of the wrong kind.

I was working today but taped the game

I've just finished watching it and after a promosing start the well simply fell apart, the injuries didn't help but the well did feck all in the second half and never really looked like give Killie a game and we were luck it only ended 3-1

One last point, why Gunning gets a game ahead of Hammell I'll never know.

I was working today but taped the game

I've just finished watching it and after a promosing start the well simply fell apart, the injuries didn't help but the well did feck all in the second half and never really looked like give Killie a game and we were luck it only ended 3-1

One last point, why Gunning gets a game ahead of Hammell I'll never know.

Hammell injured , hamstring done in training yesterday, he's out for the cup game too

Jenno's booking today takes him over the points limit again and gets him another 3 games ban.

Misses the games against Utd, Aberdeen and Hertz.

Brilliant.

How come Eremenko has had two red cars this year yet was only suspended for one game recently. Thought his points would be worse.

It's not that simple sadly. Not all yellow cards are given the same points, and it might be the same with reds.

Why isn`t Casagolda getin a chance, when its clear as day Murph cany kick his own arse right now? The 3 v 1 situ in last 10mins was shockin.

Not sayin Murph was to blame for that today, as the full team, Randy included, were mince.

But, the loss of Hammell (1 of our better players past 3-4months), Lasley (Potentially POTY), Jeffers (Confidence woulda been high after a great game last week) n an early injury to Saunders (Meaning we had to go for an untimely re-shuffle) all had a big part to play today (Not to mention a mightily soft pen decision!!)

4 games to make or break our season now.....

C`mon tae fuck lads:

Celtic, Rangers, Hearts n a Scottish Cup winners medal..........or Hamilton, St Mirren, St Johnstone n fuck all to show for your efforts over a long couple of seasons?!

The choice is yours :ph34r:

I've only got Sky, no ESPN, so didn't hear any of the game at all today.

Got into the car earlier and switched on the radio only to hear Radio Clyde's 'commentary' team (I know?!) stating......

"3-1 to Kilmarnock, going on 5 or 6"...

"the score really did flatter Motherwell" and

"Motherwell really look a tired outfit"......

To be fair, it was that fuckwit Keevins......

Was today REALLY that bad?!

effectively lost 3 goals from corners - flashbacks to mo malpas . Then the players seemed gave up after the third goal imo which was gash as there was nothing between the sides until till the 6oth minute but in the end could have been 4 or 5. If only sutton's header had gone in at 1-0 instead of hitting the post

Terrible performance all round yesterday, I think if anything us scoring was the point the game went against us. Poor marking from Craigan for the first goal, Pascali was totally on the wrong side of him, a very soft penalty and madness from Randolph for the third.

The entire second half they were taking the piss and that horrid three on one was the only time we came close to threatening. Everything that could have gone wrong did, both on and off the pitch. I thought Forbes being subbed was very harsh, he was by far not our worst player yesterday. Could have made more sense to sub Jennings, given he looked the more likely of the two to get a second yellow, but it would probably have made no difference, given he's got a three match ban now and we would have got humped anyway.

One thing I will say is that I think a lot of people on here are being very harsh on Jamie Murphy. The boy is a centre forward, not a left midfielder, not a right midfielder, not anything else. His whole Motherwell career he's been played out of position to accomodate others. Mark McGhee very rarely played him centre forward, Gannon played him centre forward once (in the second half at McDiarmid Park), Craig Brown did the second half of last season and until Blackman signed this season, which has been by far his most productive spell at the club. I think if we played him centre forward for a good run of games, we would definitely see the benefits of it.

I just wish at the start of the season Brown would have signed one of Blackman, Casagolda and Gow. I'm sure if we combined the wages Casagolda and Gow were on we could definitely have got a natural left sided midfielder, which you'd think would have seen Murphy continue up front.

Murphy's situation has Clarkson written all over it. Unfortunately we aren't in the position to ease young players into the team, if they show any sort of ability they are straight into the team. Any so often we see they burn out and aren't able to produce the same level of performance. See Murphy, Clarkson, Fitzpatrick, Forbes etc.

I thought we had a chance beforehand, to get something from this game. However, imho appalling Refereeing turned the game ... firstly with Jennings booking then Tumilty's refusal to book a Killie player for a worse tackle, then that joke of a penalty.

Yesterday, not for the want of trying, it just did not go our way.

I thought we had a chance beforehand, to get something from this game. However, imho appalling Refereeing turned the game ... firstly with Jennings booking then Tumilty's refusal to book a Killie player for a worse tackle, then that joke of a penalty.

Yesterday, not for the want of trying, it just did not go our way.

I was there and agree with most of that. Poor defending / goalkeeping at the 2 goals from open play did not help or general laziness from players who elect to shoot from 30 - 35 yards or pass the ball out of the park did not help. Eremenko made te gamr look easy and went away from players with ease.

Crap performance and not for the first time this season. We don't really deserve the top 6. We've bottled it in two vital away games against ICT and Kille our nearest contenders for the top 6 and we've conceded 6 goals in the process. The next 3 SPL games (Dundee Utd, Aberdeen , Hearts) could easily see us fall out of the top 6 and that will really hurt the club financially. Add to that that Dundee Utd will probably put us out of the Cup then that's more financial loss for the club.

Also, we should be very very afraid under McCall. Look at his first two signings - Gunning and Jones! Holy rip! :wallbash: These two are right up there with the Malpas trio of Murphy, Keegan and Malloy. If these two are a sign of whats to come then its the First Division for us.

Crap performance and not for the first time this season. We don't really deserve the top 6. We've bottled it in two vital away games against ICT and Kille our nearest contenders for the top 6 and we've conceded 6 goals in the process. The next 3 SPL games (Dundee Utd, Aberdeen , Hearts) could easily see us fall out of the top 6 and that will really hurt the club financially. Add to that that Dundee Utd will probably put us out of the Cup then that's more financial loss for the club.

Also, we should be very very afraid under McCall. Look at his first two signings - Gunning and Jones! Holy rip! :wallbash: These two are right up there with the Malpas trio of Murphy, Keegan and Malloy. If these two are a sign of whats to come then its the First Division for us.

Hmm. Yes and no, Grew.

No disagreeing that the next three league games are crucial, without question much rests on them. Without getting into the will we or won't we about the top six, there's already another thread about that, whilst there's been some pretty dire performances in the last three or four months, there have been a smattering of at worst half-decent displays too so whilst we could easily fall out of the top, I'd say its not beyond the realms that we'll come up with enough to see us scrape into the half either.

I disagree about the signings though. There is no way that Gunning and Jones are anything like as poor as the trio of Irishmen quoted.

At 34 I had a low expectation level about Jones but thought prior to his injury he had been doing pretty well. Being out for a month has clearly knocked him back somewhat but I thought he was a fair addition for the six months he's likely to be here.

Gunning I actually quite like. I don't see him being a English Premier League there but I do see some potential and someone who could become yet another player to have played at Fir Park and end up in the English Championship. Think he has been another half decent signing in that he can cover at left-back and central defence. Unfortunately in keeping with almost all youngsters, of which our squad is punctuated, their form can be up and down.

As for yesterday it made more and more painful viewing the longer the game went on. Despite the injury set-backs we started with a purpose and were well worthy of the lead. It was a poor goal to lose, the first but despite Killie getting the lift we held our own. The penalty really was a sickener though and that was your game changer.

The third was another poor goal to lose and it was worrying just how badly we capitulated after that. It could easily have been five or six and from being in such a good position, was pretty desperate stuff.

He timidly agreed he was at fault for the first goal. "I didn't expect the ball to be crossed", WTF? How can you not, the guys 4ft from the bye line, with 5 yards to run into as Jenno wasn't tight enough. Oh and why are you facing the ball and not side on to the attacker? Why didn't you jump for it? If you choose to back into the player then you could give away a penalty. Experienced? Aye, very good.