125th Anniversary Strip

Pettywulliegrew-2

are we getting another home strip again this year? It only feels like a few of months ago that I bought the current one for the weans

Afraid so, Commsworld was only a 1yr sponsorship but came with a substantial 6 figure sum attached apparently. The deal with Puma is a four year number though (1 yr into it) so I don't think we'll be expecting anything to radical for 2011/2012

Dunno about the kit man hating it. He was raving about it last year, comparing it to his other favourite team!

If we're changing away strip, it'll be more to do with sales in mind for the shop

You tried to get Scottish winter ingrained Rugby Park mud and grass out of white togs on a Monday morning before? I think its safe to say his position changed.

You tried to get Scottish winter ingrained Rugby Park mud and grass out of white togs on a Monday morning before? I think its safe to say his position changed.

We've had plenty of white away strips recently, I doubt it's taken him until this seasons strips to come to this conclusion.

Probably more likely it'll become a 3rd kit to allow a new away strip. That was the usual plan until a couple of seasons ago.

Our anniversary isn't until the 17th May, though? The "year" of our anniversary runs through 2011 and 2012.

Agreed but it wouldn't do any harm to release some pics of mock ups and get a bit of hype around the kit. I'll be disapointed if its not out for the start of the new season at the latest.

Agreed but it wouldn't do any harm to release some pics of mock ups and get a bit of hype around the kit. I'll be disapointed if its not out for the start of the new season at the latest.

I don't disagree with any of that, either. I thought something else was getting at why the strip hasn't been released, but perhaps I mis-interpreted.

There's a quote on here from Alan Provan saying there should be a mock-up of it ready in April. We've got another nine days left before that's not true.

Afraid so, Commsworld was only a 1yr sponsorship but came with a substantial 6 figure sum attached apparently. The deal with Puma is a four year number though (1 yr into it) so I don't think we'll be expecting anything to radical for 2011/2012

True - but do we know for sure that Commsworld are not renewing. Let's face it if they don't think they have had their moneys worth from 6 games in Europe, top 6, two national semi finals and a FINAL then no sponsor ever will.

The exposure alone from our win on Saturday in terms of media coverage would have cost them a fortune ordinarily. Front page of every sunday sport supplement.

Strangley on that front we have proved a bargain for our sponsors this year........

True - but do we know for sure that Commsworld are not renewing. Let's face it if they don't think they have had their moneys worth from 6 0 games in Europe, top 6, two national semi finals and a FINAL then no sponsor ever will.

The exposure alone from our win on Saturday in terms of media coverage would have cost them a fortune ordinarily. Front page of every sunday sport supplement.

Strangley on that front we have proved a bargain for our sponsors this year........

Fixed it! :P

Not sure if this would be do-able by the club but would it not be a nice tribute for the team to wear a 125th Anniversary Kit in the Cup Final??

Fixed it! :P

Not sure if this would be do-able by the club but would it not be a nice tribute for the team to wear a 125th Anniversary Kit in the Cup Final??

I don't know enough about Commsworld to really comment on wether or not they'd consider continuing the relationship. I suppose their value in our sponsorship depends on what the six figure sum is but I don't think they could deny we've had a successful season and we're potentially going to be high profile for the remainder of the league and the Cup Final.

In regards to the 125th anniversary strip...

Claret and Amber is paramount to the MFC identity/branding so I really can't see them using it for such a high publicity match tbh. I wouldn't want them lifting that cup in anything else than Claret & Amber!

Think Commsworld placed more value on the knock on business it could get directly through being associated with the club, i.e. recommends to businesses involved with Motherwell rather than the exposure on the jersey. That said the exposure they would get this season could change their way of thinking.

Possibly mate, I was just speaking on more general terms.

Put simply, they'll need to weigh up the positive impact it's had on the business against the cost involved for the sponsorship. Whether or not a 2nd agreed sponsorship deal would yield enough value will be a huge decision for them to make however that might not be on option!

I wouldn't be surprised if a sponsorship deal has been agreed with another brand, money in the pipeline and that it's just not going to be announced til the 125th celebrations start. If not they've left it hellova late...