125th Anniversary Strip

Pettywulliegrew-2

There some amount of people on this board who love nothing more than to moan about the people who moan, yet they do it in a way that suggests they'd never be caught moaning on an internet forum. Contradicting crying fuckbuckets.

Anyway, the top itself is smashing, but I really get what people are saying who are upset this isn't our first team top, its a perfect top to use as our first team top, and the lettering rather than the team badge would signify our historically year wonderfully. I'll buy one after I get paid if I have money to spare after the final that is.

I can understand both points of view here.

On the one hand, I think it's a nice strip, and I agree with the logic that Alan has put forward that the strip should be representative of the 125-year period rather than of the first season 125 years ago. With that logic in mind, amber with a claret hoop is a must.

On the other hand, I don't think the shirt is unique enough, if that makes sense. It's a bit too similar in design to at least one Toffs shirt I already own. Having said that, if the aim is to capture the history of MFC, it's a difficult job to not have it looking like a historic MFC shirt! I also think the record attendance is a bit random, and I'd rather the '125 years' was in claret thread., but now I'm just being picky!

I will probably buy the shirt, but I imagine like a lot of people, at £45 I will probably be buying it instead of the next home top rather than aswell as it.

• Like 1

On the one hand, I think it's a nice strip, and I agree with the logic that Alan has put forward that the strip should be representative of the 125-year period rather than of the first season 125 years ago. With that logic in mind, amber with a claret hoop is a must.

On the other hand, I don't think the shirt is unique enough, if that makes sense. It's a bit too similar in design to at least one Toffs shirt I already own. Having said that, if the aim is to capture the history of MFC, it's a difficult job to not have it looking like a historic MFC shirt! I also think the record attendance is a bit random, and I'd rather the '125 years' was in claret thread., but now I'm just being picky!

I will probably buy the shirt, but I imagine like a lot of people, at £45 I will probably be buying it instead of the next home top rather than aswell as it.

Totally agree with that. The 125th anniversary is the whole point of this top but it doesn't appear to be very visible. Hopefully puma come up with a nice top for next season....

I am in the process of having an alternative to the official MFC strip made up. Bespoke shirts have come from the dream supplier.(for some anyway). The shirt will be a celebration of the original colours of Motherwell in the immediate years after the merger of Alpha and Glencairn, aswell as a nod to the now traditional design and colours. Will be absolutely minted looking. There will only be 500 made and will cost £30 per garment. I have 200 pre orders already.

Will post pictures of the shirt after the pre-order customers have been presented with it.

• Like 1

I like the look of the 125 years shirt but like a few others would have preferred something a but different from the norm.

I suspect that if the shirt had seen a clear move away from the recognisable Motherwell colours and/or design we would have seen a lot of people complaining about that fact.

The shirt looks excellent, and all parties involved deserve recognition for the work put in.

For me its a great top, :nod: only minor point is the 125 years not being too visible, but otherwise a good job. I think that it will sell well, traditional design, no manky sponsors logo spoiling it, so all round a good effort from the club. I will probably buy one if they are available in 3xl fat B**t**d size.

Cracking top. I'm not a big fan of wearing football tops but I like the retro yet modern theme with this one. Might just buy it. Think it's a lot nicer than our current home strip. Fuck knows what there is to moan about. I certainly wouldny be buyin a blue shirt, even if that was our original colours. Doubt there would be many people on here that could remember us playin in blue and White stripes

I am in the process of having an alternative to the official MFC strip made up. Bespoke shirts have come from the dream supplier.(for some anyway). The shirt will be a celebration of the original colours of Motherwell in the immediate years after the merger of Alpha and Glencairn, aswell as a nod to the now traditional design and colours. Will be absolutely minted looking. There will only be 500 made and will cost £30 per garment. I have 200 pre orders already.

Will post pictures of the shirt after the pre-order customers have been presented with it.

The holy grail?

adidas-trefoil-logo.gif

Will be for some... :nod: None of yer boyband/parrothead get-up as supplied in jd sports. I'd wager Infamous wee grafter has the hand on the dummy the noo...

Count me in aswell too, sounds like it could be a cracker.

The strip looks better every time I look at it.

I was wondering if any one from the shop can help me out. I'm tempted to preorder the anniversary strip and get the discount but is it possible to collect it from the store meaning there's no postage fees? There doesn't seem to be an option online to do this and it kind of negates the purpose of preordering it to get a discount when I can buy it cheaper direct from the shop.

Thanks in advance

The strip looks better every time I look at it.

I was wondering if any one from the shop can help me out. I'm tempted to preorder the anniversary strip and get the discount but is it possible to collect it from the store meaning there's no postage fees? There doesn't seem to be an option online to do this and it kind of negates the purpose of preordering it to get a discount when I can buy it cheaper direct from the shop.

Thanks in advance

You can phone the shop on 01698338025 and place an order over the phone or you could do it instore.

Cheers

Alan

am I gonna be the first to say it?

60626318.jpg