125th Anniversary Strip

Pettywulliegrew-2

If its a replica of a shirt from the 80s on say - it'll mibbez have the sponsor on it (if they agree).Liverpool have the Crown Paints one on the go I'm sure

1712fullimage.jpg

I'm sure we had to get agreement from the Skelly family to replicate the 'Ian Skelly' (which is no longer a going concern).

If it's a retro replica of a shirt from the 60s then yer no gonny fling a logo on it are ya?

If its a replica of a shirt from the 80s on say - it'll mibbez have the sponsor on it (if they agree).Liverpool have the Crown Paints one on the go I'm sure

I'm sure we had to get agreement from the Skelly family to replicate the 'Ian Skelly' (which is no longer a going concern).

If it's a retro replica of a shirt from the 60s then yer no gonny fling a logo on it are ya?

But if it's a true 60s replica it shouldn't have the MFC script, that only arrived when we dropped the Hoop as the decade was ending. Just saying likes. :evilgrin:

X2

Also, is it supposed to be £40 then VAT added at checkout.

I thought the pre-order was £40 minus postage if applicable.

No it shouldn't have VAT. Any transactions that have gone through with the VAT added will be refunded first thing in the morning.

Sorry!

Not an actual picture of the shirt, but a very rough photoshop render to give a feel as to how the finished shirt might look.

Fatcalf is correct, the original MFC script never appeared on our 60’s claret hoop kit., but sadly without it there would be no anniversary logo.

omjw3.jpg

Class!

Well done to all concerned

I bought a retro shirt recently from the shop and was planning on buying the 125th anniversary shirt as well, but it just looks the same. I'm actually a wee bit pissed, but not totally surprised, at the lack of imagination.

I can understand your view that it's similar to the retro top and I'm sure the world can handle your view that it's not a bold depaqrture.

Can't see the justification in you being 'pissed' though Lip

I bought a retro shirt recently from the shop and was planning on buying the 125th anniversary shirt as well, but it just looks the same. I'm actually a wee bit pissed, but not totally surprised, at the lack of imagination.

I understand your scepticism but I think you will genuinely like the shirt. We have had the sample sent through for approval and it one of the best retros we have done.

As for lack of imagination, we thought long and hard about whether to depart form our tradition for something radically different or to celebrate using our most recognised kit. We came down on the side of tradition in the end. We knew it would not appeal to everyone as thats not possible but we think most people will be very happy with this kit.

If you pop into theshop after the Cup Final we will have the shirt on display. Please make yourself known to me as I'd be genuinely interested in your opinion and I can maybe take the time to talk you through the process in a bit more detail.

Cheers

Alan

I live in Manchester, popping into the club shop isn't actually an option. After the cup final the only place I'll be popping into is the pub, the next day I'll be on a train home.

<_>

How about someone from the club shop comes down and chaps your door then?

Wearing your 12 year old xara polo shirt no doubt.

I could do, it's still in great nick as is the Xara training top which was much admired in work last Friday when I wore it on dress down day.

Although I'm torn between this years home top and the two retro tops, at the moment it's looking like the Pettigrew.

The whiskey T-shirt got a fair few compliments in the pub as well.

I'm not exactly stuck for Motherwell gear and I take good care of them.

So, actually, there is a doubt nice to know you care though.

I could do, it's still in great nick as is the Xara training top which was much admired in work last Friday when I wore it on dress down day.

Although I'm torn between this years home top and the two retro tops, at the moment it's looking like the Pettigrew.

The whiskey T-shirt got a fair few compliments in the pub as well.

I'm not exactly stuck for Motherwell gear and I take good care of them.

So, actually, there is a doubt nice to know you care though.

Every single item brought to you by PSL, who you denounce on here at every opportunity.

What was your retort when you were complimented on your whiskey t-shirt? You were just wearing it. It was they useless c***s in PSL that designed, had it manufactured it and sent it to you for what you must have thought was an acceptable price, was it not?

• Like 1

From what?

You must be reading more into Alans post than I am.

No, I wasn't at all.

The guy who's name is on the business that you have slated for the best part of 2 years kindly offered to explain the background of your latest gripe face to face and you weasled out of it in a pretty pathetic manner.

Maybe 'shat it's was a bit strong, but hopefully you get the drift.

You don't deserve the courtesy being extended to you

Every single item brought to you by PSL, who you denounce on here at every opportunity.

What was your retort when you were complimented on your whiskey t-shirt? You were just wearing it. It was they useless c***s in PSL that designed, had it manufactured it and sent it to you for what you must have thought was an acceptable price, was it not?

I denounced them for getting into bed with Canterbury, a move I condemned before they went under, and I'm not keen on the anniversary shirt. Hardly every opportunity is it? I spend a fair few bob in that shop every time I visit, just like I do in Tesco's doesnt stop me having a moan when they dont have the bread I like though.

My retort about the Whisky T-shirt, was ; "Cracking isn't it, my daughter got me it when she was in Scotland last weekend"

That is almost verbatim, and as it was a gift I never asked the price.

No, I wasn't at all.

The guy who's name is on the business that you have slated for the best part of 2 years kindly offered to explain the background of your latest gripe face to face and you weasled out of it in a pretty pathetic manner.

Maybe 'shat it's was a bit strong, but hopefully you get the drift.

You don't deserve the courtesy being extended to you

I thought I explained perfectly clearly why I wouldn't be able to pop in, I never answered Alan directly because I will message him privately.

He obviously wanted to explain things to me on a personal level so that's where I'll take it.

I think I would of preferred our current logo used to create the 125 logo but I can see the sense in using a retro one. Good job... how much are these gonna cost?

They're already on sale mate.

£40 exclusive online preorder with £6 postage.

£45 without preorder if bought instore. £6 extra for postage if bought online.

I thing the William's 'chop' looks minted, the other design isn't to shabby either however i'm probably not alone in hanging back on the preorder due to not having a photo of the strip. When can we expect pics of the same or the finished result online Alan/Dave?

I had every intention of buying this but from the picture posted, although it looks good and is a job well done, I think it's just too similar looking to the retro shirt that I've already got.

However, I will make my mind up when I'm in buying some of them new t-shirts, cos most of them (including the cup ones) are belters!! Magic value at £15 as well :thumbup:

I live in Manchester, popping into the club shop isn't actually an option. After the cup final the only place I'll be popping into is the pub, the next day I'll be on a train home.

And when you 'left' Motherwell to go to Manchester, were you chased out by most of the inhabitants with pitchforks and burning torches? Band playing a fanfare in the background.

The shirt is different in many ways Lip.

1. To start with, the shirt is constructed from heavy knit polyester rather than the thick cotton usually used in 60’s replica style shirts.

2. The top is short sleeved, your current “Wark” replica is long sleeved.

3. I have redrawn the MFC script so it’s as close as possible to the original embroidered font used on our late 60’s/70’s kits. This is a lot harder achieve than you may think, as constructing a font from scratch (even three characters!) is tricky to get right. Especially when good references to the original badge font are scarce. The one used on the current Wark and Pettigrew replicas is miles away from the original font.

4. I had no say on the actual shirt design, but for me this is the one shirt that most people will associate with Motherwell Football Club.

At the end of the day it’s all about opinions, but we should at least be grateful we have a club shop who cares about the quality of it’s merchandise. When I was lad supporting the Well (cue Hovis music) in the 60’s and 70’s you would struggle to find anything Motherwell related.

In my opinion, when it comes to shopping for all things Motherwell, we have never had it so good. As you yourself have proven (or should that be Provan) with your purchases from the club shop.

Cheers,

Willie