'WellGall

Season tickets 2011-12  

129 members have voted

1. 1. How many fans will renew season tickets

• Will be renewing my season ticket
    • Wont be renewing my season ticket
    • Undecided yet
    • who will be buying one for the first time
    • Had a season ticket before, let it lapse and buying a new season ticket.

than pay £20

Those 3 words hit the nail on the head.

How clubs can charge £20 for a game thats on the tele is taking the piss.

A will be renewing, and always will, mainly due to habit n a love ma fitba on a Sat! Its an expensive hobby we have all chosen to get involved in, but thats not getting away from the fact that were paying up to a £10 more every away game than its actually worth.

Every club needs to get a reality check, or every game will feel like a training match (Not far off that just now!)

Those 3 words hit the nail on the head.

How clubs can charge £20 for a game thats on the tele is taking the piss.

A will be renewing, and always will, mainly due to habit n a love ma fitba on a Sat! Its an expensive hobby we have all chosen to get involved in, but thats not getting away from the fact that were paying up to a £10 more every away game than its actually worth.

Every club needs to get a reality check, or every game will feel like a training match (Not far off that just now!)

I'll renew for 2 reasons;

The fear that if I dont buy a season book, I just wont go

and

Buying season tickets for my two boys means that I am doing my bit to keep them away from following either of the OF scummy wank fucks.

In respect of ideas and opportunities for next year, I have been working along side the Supporters Advisory Committee to look to refresh what we can offer to supporters to encourage them to renew and importantly to bring along lapsed fans, families and young people. I am happy to give you a flavour of what we are considering if you are prepared to feedback in a constructive way.

We have been looking at the responses from the survey and speaking to supporters independently to get some insight as to what we could be offereing, what ideally people really want and importantly what the club can offer.

Although not ready to be fully shared with everyone just yet, the results of our supporters questionnaire confirmed much of what we already suspected. I have detailed a selection of answers below that relate to season tickets. FYI, over 900 people responded so a robust number.

· 78% of all ST holders came to their first match before the age of 11.

· 55% were between 5-11 years old

· Overwhelmingly ST holders said they came because a family member of friend brought them and they were ‘lifted over’

· Only 3% came via their schools (this is clearly an area of massive opportunity to improve)

· 92% of ST holders said that tickets were either Excellent (23%), Good (39%) or Fair (30%) value for money

· Overwhelmingly (71%) of non ST holders or non renewals said that the reason they did not buy was because they could not go to every game

· 21% of Non season holders said they were too expensive

Our ideas for pricing and initiatives have been focused around these results and obviously our learnings from previous years....

I will post some of what we are looking at if I get some honest, constructive feedback.....deal?

Ok, we know that 78% of those who answered our survey said that they had come to FP before they were 11. Indeed the overwhelming majority were between the ages of 5-11. They were 'lifted over' by their folks or other family member of friends.

What is we tried to bring a modern approach to this - importantly we need to be bringing young people & juveniles to the ground. It is just common sense.

We are thinking about introducing new layers of pricing. So maybe a free 12 or under ST when an adult or concession ticket is bought, thsi is purely for ST, would not be replicated for PATG. Then a standard price - say approx £70?? for all 13-16 year old tickets, irrespective of where you sit. We'd maintain the current cooper deal as I really want to push the family stand. We have not done this before because we want to encourage families into the Cooper stand however, after listening to feedback, we are considering the above as one aspect of our new pricing.

If we do this - we need a name for the package. We want to get the nostalgia of lifting your son or daughter over the turnstile without clearly having to do it.

There are more ideas but that is the first I will share.

• Like 1

If we do this - we need a name for the package. We want to get the nostalgia of lifting your son or daughter over the turnstile without clearly having to do it.

There are more ideas but that is the first I will share.

It surely has to be the 'lift-over package' then. Concise and to the point. I thank you. :nod:

Decent proposals leeann and trying to be positive,

seem to be missing a fundamental point that most were "lifted over" under PATG conditions not season books

Match scheduling is killing the benefits of season tickets, you want to replicate the past give value at the gates and fight like mad to give us fixed scheduling and variety of opposition

Leeann you need to put a claim on this town and county.

You wouldn't know motherwell had a spl club.

Iv asked a lot of motherwell fans i know that don't go to many games and the main reasons they give me are,

1.To expensive for the quality of football on offer

2 they didn't even know motherwell were playing.

If you plaster this town with posters etc telling the people the great deal of £10 a ticket for the dundee united game you will get many more bums on seats.

Get posters in chippy's, bus stops, shops up the street. Make wee leaflets and get folk to hand them out. Its up to you to create a buzz for games like this.

I will happily offer my free time doing these things for you and i'm sure other fans will too.

Mfc is to quiet Leeann.

You need to get more into peoples faces.

It should be made easy for kids with nothing to do on a saturday to just, decide to go to Fir Park.

This would involve making all under 12 tickets free, and putting the idea in the heads of young folk, as we should be trying to attract people without a direct connection with the club. That is of course a good bit harder to achieve, and its understandable that the club needs to try and balance free entry with revenue from full paying fans and the like.

Leeann you need to put a claim on this town and county.

You wouldn't know motherwell had a spl club.

Iv asked a lot of motherwell fans i know that don't go to many games and the main reasons they give me are,

1.To expensive for the quality of football on offer

2 they didn't even know motherwell were playing.

If you plaster this town with posters etc telling the people the great deal of £10 a ticket for the dundee united game you will get many more bums on seats.

Get posters in chippy's, bus stops, shops up the street. Make wee leaflets and get folk to hand them out. Its up to you to create a buzz for games like this.

I will happily offer my free time doing these things for you and i'm sure other fans will too.

Mfc is to quiet Leeann.

You need to get more into peoples faces.

Well said that man^

I just don't think it sounds right...I don't know why.

Happy to take the view though.

It was a little bit tongue in cheek as I was stating the obvious but sometimes they're the best ones (maybe not in this case mind!).

I remember being lifted over the turnstyles at FP for years, if I didn't get a lift I didn't get in to see the game. Think I only missed out once of watching my boyhood heroes in all that time.

Okay here's another, what about 'Elevate'? Where you have the double meaning of raising/lifting to a higher position (i.e. over the turnstyles) and also the feeling of raised spirits which you used to get as a wee boy/girl when you managed to get a lift-over the turnstyles and got that first view of the Fir Park turf when you reached the top of the wee hill.

The tradition of "lifting-over" was always an example of pulling a bit of a fast one. With this act of pulling a fiddle to get your kids in free in mind, what about "The Kiddy Fiddler Package"?

Does have a ring to it...it's catchy, and people will take notice.

A couple of things perhaps slightly veering off topic a little.

On the season ticket options for youngsters mentioned, was speaking to the Clyde fan at work. He reckons they are going to continue with the initiatives they introduced this season - the cheap package with the vouchers for numerous local companies.

One of the things they've concluded with the cut price tickets or whatever it was, was that quite a few youngsters bought the tickets but loads of them had fallen away from attending. They are considering a balance between a slightly higher priced ticket for next season but adding in an incentive for the kids to keep attending - like a voucher each game that they can use in their shop for example say enough credit over the season to buy a new strip or something. Maybe something worth considering as additional incentive for our youngsters?

Pleased to see consideration of a more gradual step up in pricing for tickets too. But have the club given any thought to what can be done to go from a massive leap from a juvenile ticket £83 to an adult ticket £270 if they don't happen to become a student and get the concession rate? I'm all for getting the next generation through but how many do we lose once they hit the juvenile price ceiling?

I think we still do a reduced ticket for students, but what's the thoughts on one for those young apprentices that are learning a trade but not earning a great deal of money? Say they bought a season ticket for £100 and got into the habit of going for a couple of seasons, by the time they were fully qualified in whatever trade they were learning, and earning a better wage, they might be keen to buy a full price adult ticket??

Also, my work's HQ is based in Liverpool and Everton are running a scheme just now for local businesses where you can sign up for certain league matches, take as many friends and family as you want, and it is just £12 for adults and £6 for kids FOR THE ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE!!!! My work have just signed up for this, starting with last weekends match v Fulham and next up is their game v Aston Villa.....

Anyway, this year will be my 20th consecutive year with a season ticket and I will certainly be renewing.....

Leeann

Just some further thoughts.

Does the club keep any statistics on the gender of our fans? I know that few years ago it was concluded that women were under-represented amongst our support. Surprisingly Hearts had the highest percentage of female fans.

Would it be possible to sell "mini season tickets" that would be applicable to a set number of games irrespective of when they feel during the season? For example instead of a half season ticket what about a 12 game package? This would give those who couldn't make every home game some incentive to buy one if only for a few games.

I take the point that MFC is too quiet or low profile. Plastering the town from wall to wall with posters/pamphlets won't achieve much by itself but if undertaken as a modest part of a far wider package, might have some impact.

One of the greatest threats to the club and one which I know you are well aware of is the trend for young men to sit in pubs and watch English football on TV. Although they may not view it that way it can still be an expensive pursuit taking into account the increasing cost of drink. We have to devise some way of luring them out of the pubs and clubs. making Fir Park a more pleasurable, atmoshperic place to visit may help. In that respect stewarding can be a big influence. By no means all of the criticism levelled at the stewards on this Board is justified but some lessons need to be taken on board.

I will be renewing my ticket for next season but I am a bit concerned at the attendances this year.

We need to be pro-active and get people to go to Fir Park.

The club can and will rely on the loyal fans to purchase season tickets but our numbers are dwindling.

Season tickets should be well publicised and reasonably priced with a free child ticket with any adult.

(This gets you into 18 league games and 1 cup game at Fir Park and discounted entry to some away games, get talking to the other provincial clubs)

We can start the initiative of allowing all pay at the gate children in for a nominal amount of 2 or 3 pounds a game.

They, in turn could or would bring along an adult family member.

Posters in some shops would help but in my opinion we need to move the Well shop to the town centre.

Having the Well shop in the town centre would have so many benefits, not only selling more merchandise but selling tickets, programmes and generally informing people of game times, prices, results and the clubs proud history.

It should be bright, colourful and have free offers, discounts and competitions every week

Every time I walk down Motherwell town centre I see Old Firm strips in the sports shops, not one single Well strip or scarf to be seen.

Even last week the first choice travel shop was advertising a package to attend the old firm cis cup final, what chance have we got?

How can we expect to attract people when we have no means of informing potential fans when our next game is?

If I get a deal for the East stand to take my kid for next to free then I'd be there , my wee boy is 9 and likes his football, but he doesn't like the Cooper for watching at all, I personally don't mind if it's a decent seat, but I still prefer the East since I've sat there since it opened in 91.

Why not tie it in with the 125 year 'celebration'? You get exposure twice then.

If I get a deal for the East stand to take my kid for next to free then I'd be there , my wee boy is 9 and likes his football, but he doesn't like the Cooper for watching at all, I personally don't mind if it's a decent seat, but I still prefer the East since I've sat there since it opened in 91.

Why not tie it in with the 125 year 'celebration'? You get exposure twice then.

that would certainly swing it for me - I made reference to that in my survey

my boy loves his football, but he is becoming increasing frustrated that we are "rubbish" and the lack of atmosphere! - and the questions on the way home start "how can we not beat St Mirren?" blah blah blah Im not going back!!

and true to his word, he has missed alot of games this season. I sit in the East Stand, and I cant afford to buy him a ticket, if he is not going to attend. In turn, if he doesn't go, I cant go. As I will need to find something else to keep him entertained

Is the "Bradford" scheme even a go-er? or do we just not have the fan base for it?

As for the poster who mentioned having the Well Shop in the Town Centre - I can see a litlle from where you are coming from, but as someone who doesnt come from Motherwell, having the club shop at Fir Park is certainly more convenient for me.

However,

1 - we do not own the Well Shop, it is owned by Provan Sports,

2 - if we were to "take a place" in the town centre, we would need to be paying rent - now I have no idea what it costs to rent out a retail outlet, but it wont be cheap and this needs to be balanced with what extra revenue we bring in

3 - would folk actually use it? seriously? I really dont think they would

4 - as mentioned above, if the Well Shop is owned by Provan Sports - do they not have the rights to selling our kit etc? meaning MFC would open a shop, but couldnt actually sell any replica strips?

As much as all my points above probably put stumbling blocks in the way of your suggestion, I do still agree that we need something there - i just dont think a shop is the answer!