Euromillions

siebsbarmyarmy

Just been speaking at work about this.

£117m in tonights draw, if you won this how much if any would you invest in the club.

I think I would put about £25m or build a stadium for the club.

This topic should prob be in Compost but I'm interested to see if im the only sad bastard that would happily invest £25m in the club and not want a return.

I've no idea what kind of split I'd use but if I won the full £117 million, I'd certainly donate the vast majority to the club and charities. It's an obscene amount and no-one really needs that kind of money. If nothing else, having that much money would attract a lot of unwelcome attention. I'd probably get shot of at least £100 million and keep the rest. More than enough to get by.

I'd maybe pay for the custom skin and banner that Gaag was talking about for the forum.:lol:

I've thought about this before, to be honest I wouldn't want any direct involvement with the club. I would be happy to set up a fund that guaranteed a set contribution to players every season, say £200k per season. On the proviso that this was not to be budgeted for, i.e. I wouldnt want the movers and shakers thinking they had a guaranteed £200k per year so they could just piss the other funds against a wall and only buy new players with my money. In short, my investment should be looked at as supplemental to everything the club did.

£117million you say? Ya dancer, I'm gonna be loaded :woop::drinks::yahoo:

I wouldn't invest a lump sum in the club as they would possibly spend it over a couple of seasons then they would end up skint when it run out and would have to chuck players on the dole :whistling:

Nah, I would probably chuck it all into my bank and feed the club the annual interest that was earned every year to help make up for the shortfall in gate money as a result of all those 'fans' that no longer come along to the games :ph34r:

I think I would find it irresistable not to put something the club's way if I was ever lucky enough to win that kind of dough.

I do think like Sieb it would be specific purpose donations rather than chucking money for players.

Things like a team bus so that they don''t need to pay hire charges for the next few years, a couple of training pitches with undersoil heating so there's always somewhere for them to train, club museum so that it'll generate income (albeit a small amount) without any investment required from the club. That kind of thing.

I would invest in the youth development side of the club, build a weather training faculty (charge a lot less than north lanarkshire council), then sit back and wait to see the club grow from the grass roots up

I'd subsidize season tickets, let anyone get a season ticket for a tenner. Full stadium and club making same money!

John Boyle did this c. 1999-2000 and it didn't work then, why would it now?

I'd gift the Wall stadium and use it as conference/exhibition centre during the week. Weddings over the weekends with 10 bedrooms right at the top looking over the whole Clyde Valley and an observation deck.

i'd probably invest half a million a season while i went on a multi year round the world bender.

after i got fed up with that i'd return home, take the reigns and unleash a reign of terror. i'd make vlad romanov look like a model chairman and anyone who slated me in the media or online would get an instant life time ban.

speirs. leckie. traynor. young. keevins. all banned from fir park. old firm fans banned from fir park.

i'd also put lazyboys and a big jacuzzi in down where i sit in the east tae.

would make an initial donation of say £10m , to allow for immediate investment in training facilities , stadium upgrade , and to secure Jenno on a new 10 yr contract .

Then I would give the club the annual interest off the rest of the money , so that there was a steady flow of funds , rather than give a lump sum , which would probably end up pissed up against a wall , or spent on the new Shaun McSkimming .