Motherwell Vs Aberdeen Discussion Thread...

David

Going on recent form we should steel ourselves for a gubbing this weekend! ^_^

Hopefully that won't be the case though, as I feel that a top six finish will be instrumental in tying up some of the guys who are out of contract at the end of the season.

If the lads can't take the confidence from last night and push on against auld Broon's lot this weekend then I don't know what kind of motivation it'll take.

I'd start with pretty much the same eleven, with the only change probably being the return of Craigan at the back. Murphy & Jeffers have to start though, I've no doubt about that.

If everyone is fit I'd start with the same formation as last night.

I'm still buzzing about last night and the players have every right to be proud of themselves, but hopefully McCall will now have them focused on this game.

Need to take at least a point, but you would hope the confidence gained from last night will inspire the players to have the belief to go out and get all 3. Being Motherwell, I wouldn't be surprised if we lost this though!

If anyone wishes to "welcome" Broon off the bus, count me in!

Well Jenno is suspended for the next three games so we'll have to change the midfield. Rossco to come in with the rest of the side retaining their places.

The same effort and approach will see us win on Saturday, anything less and we won't. Can't see us losing the match (famous last words!!) but we should be good enough to win.

2-0 Well.

Amazing how little attenion this game is getting. I'm thinking more about the Cup Semi as well. If you would have told me we would all have our minds elsewhere as Broon slips into Fir Park tomorrow for the first time since he left then I would know something big was round the corrner. I hope the players are focused. I'm sure McCall will be. I also hope Broon gets a bit of a reminder of how we all felt in respect to his slyness as he negotiated his move North in December.

A win tomorrow and a draw on Wednesday could see us in the top six.

Sorry but it's the turn of the shite Motherwell team to turn up so 3-1 to the sheep. I know it doesn't seem possible but who foreseen us beating Celtic then getting humped by ICT? After such a battling display at Tannadice who would have predicted we'd roll over & die against Killie? One good game then one shite game so big win for the sheep. :(

For me the most satisfaction there is to be gained from Brown's return is not about trying to settle a score by heckling him outside FP but by getting another three points against his team.

Giving him abuse as he comes off the bus, I suspect won't see him bat an eyelid in all honesty. But it will however likely end up with the media giving him a platform to tell all and sundry at some length about the hurt and distress he's been caused by it after all the hard work he did for us and how he took us to Europe and left us in the top six etc. Surely we all know by now he's a master at working the media.

Every time Motherwell beat his team and every time he looks at the table and sees us above them will cause him much more aggrevation than any 'Well fan giving him stick for the twenty seconds it'll take for him to get from their bus into the ground.

I'd say better to ignore him and give the impression we're now happy to have moved on to bigger and better things (even if that isn't actually how you feel) and to channel your energies to replicating the atmosphere of the other night to help cause him maximum annoyance when he's dispatched back up the road with no points.

• Like 2

For me the most satisfaction there is to be gained from Brown's return is not about trying to settle a score by heckling him outside FP but by getting another three points against his team.

Giving him abuse as he comes off the bus, I suspect won't see him bat an eyelid in all honesty. But it will however likely end up with the media giving him a platform to tell all and sundry at some length about the hurt and distress he's been caused by it after all the hard work he did for us and how he took us to Europe and left us in the top six etc. Surely we all know by now he's a master at working the media.

Every time Motherwell beat his team and every time he looks at the table and sees us above them will cause him much more aggrevation than any 'Well fan giving him stick for the twenty seconds it'll take for him to get from their bus into the ground.

I'd say better to ignore him and give the impression we're now happy to have moved on to bigger and better things (even if that isn't actually how you feel) and to channel your energies to replicating the atmosphere of the other night to help cause him maximum annoyance when he's dispatched back up the road with no points.

not gonna happen pal :evilgrin:

Why disrupt a winning team to include Craigan? The back four snuffed out United and should be given another chance to do the same against the Sheep.

I'm not saying that I personally would disrupt the team, but I can't see McCall leaving Craigan out if he's fit & ready to go.

diamond and hartley are out for aberdeen. normally big zander missing out would be a boost for them but the big slovenian(?) boy is even worse. with him and considine in the middle of the defence you have to hope their will be goals in this for us.

i'm not actually that bothered about brown now either but i dare say come three o'clock and with a few beers in me i'll be up for giving him a warm welcome.

due to wining on Wednesday and playing well the only thing that can happen today is the team fall apart and Aberdeen hump us 4-0

then again Brown needs a warm welcome back to Fir Park and a reminder of what he could have won

6-0 to the well

and get it right up Jack and Victor

• Like 1

Exactly. What's going to happen if we do abuse Brown outside the ground? Irrespective of the result, Brown will run straight to the media to gurn and complain about the treatment he received from fans of a club he did his best for. The media will be outraged that anyone could criticise the sweet, gentle, Grandpa Broon.

Listen, the c***o deserves all the abuse he may get, but he'll be hurting inside because he hasn't had the impact he thought he would at Pittodrie. We've got the positives of a semi final and possible top 6 to focus on. He's got nothing. I've enjoyed the last few weeks where he hasn't had any opportunity to be starring in the media. Please don't give him the chance now.

• Like 1

We've got the positives of a semi final and possible top 6 to focus on. He's got nothing. I've enjoyed the last few weeks where he hasn't had any opportunity to be starring in the media. Please don't give him the chance now.

Apart from a semi final.