Motherwell Vs Aberdeen Discussion Thread...

David

Great game today.Police was a joke nearly got arrested twice today. going to write to the club about this as the two guys where well over the top today that was at the en of the east stand. Two great goals but should have been 4 up by the time aberdeen scored. love this and cant wait to monday to get to work to abuse my manager an one of my pals. GIRY Brown

Delighted with the result today.It was more of a ground out victory than Wednesday, but was well deserved nonetheless. Defensively we were very sound, and although we didn't click as much going forward, we were still far too good for the Sheep's dozy lot to deal with.

Thought Mo Ross was decent on debut, and Hump at times was unplayable. Ref was shite, letting them away with numerous fouls, and how he failed to book Maguire for kicking the ball away is frankly shambolic.

Still, a win is a win, and with other results going our way the Top Six is tantalisingly close.

I thought it was a deserved three points though there were patches it looked like Aberdeen were going to continue their annoying of habit of doing absolutely nothing for a large chunk of the game, then pop up and score. I suppose they did in the end but fortunately we'd got that all important second goal by then.

It was a good positive start and the goal was no less than we deserved at the time. Unfortunately we didn't really build on it and whilst Randy was never troubled we didn't look that likely to add to the lead.

I thought they had a lot more of the game in the second half and there were a couple of spells where I thought you could sense a goal could be coming for them but on each of those occasions we fortunately managed to regroup and get back a little initiative ourselves - and McGuire's effort, brilliantly saved by Randolph apart, we still had the better chances with Jones and McHugh.

Second goal looked to have have sealed it but not so and it was a nervy last couple of minutes after they made it 2-1.

But we got there, and a very satisfying three points it is!

Just watched that clown of a ref on Alba getting the two corner decisions wrong. What a fanny he is. I hope we don't see him at FP again. Totally rank and opinionated with it.

Still could'nt spoil the sight of Judas Brown losing it with JB. Hope the polis slam him in the jail for affray and for being stupid enough to think he was going to a 'bigger, better team'

Delighted with the result, excellent performance from the back 4 and Humphrey in particular but think veryone played their part at some point in the game.

Missed Jennings today and Lasley didn't have the best of matches

I think we can take it as a massive positive that we managed without Jennings and Lasley not being up to his usual standards.

Report on Sporting life.com. That old chunt is a shit stirring old bastard. http://www.sportinglife.com/football/scottishpremier/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/11/04/02/SOCCER_Motherwell_Quotes.html&BID=425

Wonder what he is on about with these quotes -

I've kept a dignified silence about situations here. I think the fans would be disappointed if I told them certain things.

"But I will continue to maintain silence because that is the dignified way to operate and I don't want to turn the fans in any way against a terrific football club.

"I have always loved Motherwell, and still do, but there are one or two people that I think tend to besmirch the reputation of the club."

Boyle you should have broke his hip.

My favourite quote from that Sporting Life article has got to be:

"An apparent majority of the home support appeared to clap when chanting from some implored them to register their "hatred" for the former Scotland manager."

:lol:

As for Craig Brown's "dignified silence" and shite, let's be honest - we all know by now he knows exactly how to play the game. He did it when he left us and he's at it again. A wee rat bastard, but a wee rat bastard who knows exactly how to work things in his favour.

I'm gutted i wasn't at the game today, just caught up with the highlights and the actions of Mr J Boyle. I have to say as a Motherwell supporter through and through i am disturbed by how gay our chairman looked!!

Whispering in broons ear and doing a runny....is not the actions of a credible man!! truth be told wee broon or knox shouldve lamped him, and i for one couldnt have argued!!

Great result and performance today well done to the players and management...........Boyle, straighten yourself out, you dont want all that botox going to waste by getting a bleaching about the coupon from a 70yr old man!!

BTW, Blackman seems to have completely disappeared off the face of the Earth ever since his contract was extended with Blackburn. Glad he left when he did.

:nod:

Doesn't seem to be working at Aberdeen. Or the new contract has 'doused the fire' so to speak.

From that comment you must know what was said. Please enlighten us.

I believe but i cannot confirm, it was "you deserve that...get it up yi" ha

From a normal voice that'd be fair enough, but from Boyles it sounded suggestive!!

delighted with the result. we looked in control for majority but we struggled in the final ten minutes and ended up hanging in.

it wasn't the most eventful game but the odds were stacked against us. we played on wednesday while they had an extended rest. mo ross was making his debut, gunning went off injured, stevie hammell was half fit, hateley is carrying an injury, lasley has been struggling but battled through, jones has been out for a month, humphrey was subbed injured on wednesday, saunders was rumoured to be out for the season and mchugh was back after 10 weeks out.

after being so inconsistent it's great to get a couple of good wins in a row. important game again on wednesday, hopefully the doubters will doubt and we'll pull another big one out the bag.

i've made my feelings on brown clear in other threads. at the game today i peltered blackman and i'm glad he was like a man down to them, however i met the guy a few times when he was at mfc and you couldn't have met a sounder guy and as i understand it him going to aberdeen wasn't his idea. blackman seems to have suffered much more from the move than we have, i hope he finds a bit of form when goes back to england.

game seemed take ages to come to life, and Hately should never play in the mid field again (just wish McCall would sign a mid fielder and not an other defender

as for the Boyle v Brown the pictures show a very different story from the one Brown eluded to on the radio storm in a tea cup but thanks to Lennon and McCoist they will be hung out to dry by the press and spl

mind you Brown has a record of assaulting people on the fir park touch line :P

I believe but i cannot confirm, it was "you deserve that...get it up yi" ha

From a normal voice that'd be fair enough, but from Boyles it sounded suggestive!!

if that's all that was said, then a simple "away f*ck yersel" from Brown would've been enough. To want to fight Boyle shows what's really under the smoothie exterier of the auld git.