Scottish Cup Final Fans Display Thread

Dee

Alright guys,

As I mentioned in the other thread regarding the display at Home to Dundee United, we are planning to have another one at Hampden for the Semi-Final against the Saints. As some of you know this takes a bit of time and money so I am just wondering if anyone on here would be up for helping out?

I contacted 'Flow and asked him where he got the Claret and Amber till rolls (streamers) that the Well Trust guys used at Hearts a few years ago. He gave me the supplier and they have got back to me with a price.

For 3,000 streamers (1.5k Claret & 1.5k Amber) it is working out at a total of £1,072.80 including VAT. The break down is £5.96 per box of 20 + VAT.

This may seem a lot but if we can get any sort of donation in then it could be done.

The idea is to get the streamers dished out in the family section prior to the game (hopefully we can get early access to the stadium) and lay them out on the seats. The middle section behind the goal will then have a display which has either a flag or a banner (plans still to be confirmed) with potentially a large Claret and Amber ribbon and the words "She Wore, She Wore" above it.

What I would need though is someone who may be up for taking charge of this, in terms of gathering money through PayPal. I may be able to do this if someone explains to me how it works exactly? And I will also take donations at the games. The women at premvan.com who are supplying the till rolls said we would have to get this confirmed by Tuesday 5th April at the latest so the till rolls can be dyed claret and amber and sent out in time for the game.

For those unsure of what it may look like, here are some examples of similar displays:

14niomv.jpg

sd0e1u.jpg

14jlo47.jpg

Cheers,

Dee

I'm in. I'm out of work but I'll throw a few quid your way, definitely.

Any help needed on the day or leading up to it - drumming up some interest, just give me a shout.

I am sure if anyone has a few quid to spare would go a mile to get this up and running and make it a good day all round and get the players up for it. Especially with Murphy coming out on Twitter yesterday declaring it kind of gave him that wee bit determination, it's all worth it.

Mon the 'Well..

I'll throw some quids your way aye.

Just out of interest and noseyness: Where are the banners kept when yous aren't using them? Like, do you live in a tent made out of the O'Donnell one? :lol:

dont think youl have much bother raisin that much either mate. if you collect cash at the games all you need is about 550 donations of a pound at each of the aberdeen and united game, and obviously you will have people donating more etc so i dont think youl find it too hard to cover the cost :thumbup:

That's actually a good idea. With these things people always go too early or when they think its the right time. A few big vuvuzelas with a wee note next to the streamers would be perfect. And dee am more than happy to go to game early on sat and have a bucket outside the east stand? Mite be better just inside after the turnstiles when people have all their change from paying in? Limmie know

can see the girls with the 50-50 tickets having go at you for being on their patch! :laugh:

As you've mentioned, it's a good idea if you advertise a spot where you could be found at the Sheep game - If I knew where to get you, I'd put some pounds your way.

Last night's atmosphere was brilliant, and I know a semi final can look after itself, but you desrve a lot of credit, along with many others, for putting in that little bit extra effort :notworthy:

16th can't come quick enough.

MON RA DOSSERS

Bit of a snag at the moment, the till roll people would need payment on Tuesday at the latest and with paypal not being the fastest at transferring cash around, we'r scunnered. Looking into other options at the moment and will get an update posted asap.

Bit of a snag at the moment, the till roll people would need payment on Tuesday at the latest and with paypal not being the fastest at transferring cash around, we'r scunnered. Looking into other options at the moment and will get an update posted asap.

Could maybe ask the club if they'd buy them for tuesday then pay the club back? Possibility?

Possible but I doubt it, think Dee is making a few phonecalls just now to see what the options are. Would be excellent if the club would make such a gesture, i'm sure we'd have no problem paying them back.

wooo hooo. Great idea. I think your getting done on the price though. No way do the celtic lot fork that out when they do the same.

It looks great though.

:thumbup:

Think one of the main differences is that most clubs will just use white, they send the rolls away to get dyed Claret and Amber. If anyone has any cheaper suppliers that would be looked at? but at the moment, we are going with the tried and trusted!

Right, if people can paypal their donations to fraser.anderson2 'at' gmail.com anytime from now onwards we'l see what we can get raised. There are plans to have buckets outside FP on Saturday and maybe one or two inside the ground aswell. Obviously because we have quite a short timescale we might not get the full 1k, if not we'l just use whatever we have to get as many as we can! Big push here, best chance in a cup since I can remember!

Mon the well