Scottish Cup Final Fans Display Thread

Dee

I think someone should contact the relevant people ie the police and sfa to see if its going to be allowed before taking money off people at the ground as you wont be able to to give them there cash back if it goes tits up.

I also think it maybe better to keep this one for the final and do something more tried and tested for the semi.

One more thing. Would it not be cheaper if they were just claret or amber instead of claret and amber?

These are just my opinions and i will support you no matter what.

Just a thought as is there is going to be quite a lot of spare seats would it be possible to get as many flags as available phil one etc and stretch them out over the empty seats would make it look better on tv

Think the O'Donnell flag and afew other big flags on the seats will be in order. We'd like as much colour as we can get in the ground. Flags on seats will add colour but if we all get the section bouncing with flags banners and loads of colour it'll really add to the party atmosphere we want to create.

Since it seems I'll be the first of the lads at a computer then it's up to me to give a big thank you to everybody who chipped in to the buckets today. Looks like we've made a decent chunk of money, not counted it all so far.

So again, a big thank you to each and every one of you who contributed today.

Orders going in today for various different items, the full amount needed for the original till roll only display wasnt raised but trust us, the alternative will be just as good. There should be a more detailed update with exactly what the plans are either later today or tomorrow!

Orders going in today for various different items, the full amount needed for the original till roll only display wasnt raised but trust us, the alternative will be just as good. There should be a more detailed update with exactly what the plans are either later today or tomorrow!

If the buckets are back tomorrow night I'll chuck in some more as I'm sure most people will :thumbup:

Looks like the display is going to be a good one! All the plans will be finalised tonight and posted up tomorrow around lunch time.

The suppliers of the till rolls have gave us an extra day so we can collect more funds tonight at the game. There should be buckets outside both the Cooper and the East Stand up until Kick Off and for those who don't see these guys or are running late then there will be buckets up the back of the far end of the East Stand at Half Time.

Need one big push so we can get as many rolls as possible, we have also invested in some other materials for the Semi which will be announced tomorrow.

Cheers. :cheers:

Here's a thought for the future...

If the streamers are anything to go by it seems this stuff works out a no bad price if you buy it in bulk. Before big matches why not buy a load and sell it outside the ground? I mean if it's six quid for a box of 20 streamers (roughly 30p each) and I'm sure you could sell them 2x for a pound or something. It would spread the stuff right through the crowd and save the hassle or distributing them. I'm sure folk with kids wouldny mind spending a couple of pound on stuff like that.

I'm not saying this as a money making scheme, you could work with the club on it. Say to them if they can help out with the money up front then they'll get the whole lot back and the rest can be donated to the Youth Development Fund (another incentive for folk to buy). That way you do yer part in spreading a bit of atmosphere and the club benefits financially.

Good idea? Pish idea?

Sounds a good idea Fudge, the only problem is the till rolls only work out at that price if you buy in such large numbers, which we have sadly found out.

We recieved a statement from the club which stated:

"Regarding collections, there is a rule from North Lanarkshire Council that all collections need a licence and the clubs permission, they can consider this email as an endorsement from the club for future activities, however they will need to consider the local authority in the future. I'm happy to supply a letter on headed paper confirming the club support if required"

So for this reason, we did not have the collection buckets tonight, which has proved a problem. We are a bit short on what we had planned but we are going to go with a much lesser number of till rolls which I will put the difference to and hopefully over time we shall make it back.

Like I stated earlier, the confirmed plans for this Semi-Final display will be posted tomorrow once the final orders have been placed.

You might want to take advantage of the semi to start collecting for the final.

If we don't make the final, then it goes to McMillan Nurses or similar.

Everyones a winner, except the guys collecting the money who actively have a job to do!!

Hat's off to you for making an effort!!

Alright guys, been a stressful couple of days with being refused to collect outside the game on Wednesday and with the game becoming closer and closer each day.

So here's what we have ordered:

500 Amber till rolls (got the order i yesterday which was the last day and had to pay the price for overnight delivery etc. meaning they will be arriving on the 15th, cutting it fine)

80 white till rolls (arrived already as they do not need to be dyed)

50, 000 bits of confetti in claret and amber (works out a kilo of each colour)

40 custom made flags in 4 different designs, 1.5 metre squared (these should arrive on the 11th as they are coming from Poland)

And the rest has went on lots of claret, amber and white material for message banners as well as black, claret and amber paint.

So the plan is to have the 40 1.5 metre squared flags going spread out through the section with the till rolls being thrown as the teams come out the tunnel, likewise with the confetti. The message banners being held up also!

IMO i think this will look absolutely quality! :thumbup:

• Like 5