Scottish Cup Final Fans Display Thread

Dee

You's still taking donations, or is any money sent now going towards Bop's beer fund for Saturday whistling.gif

Not taking anymore donations via Bop's paypal. For future we may set up a specific paypal for displays. Any donations at the Semi-Final will also be put to displays either for the final or for the last away game of the season!

In reply to will these be allowed in or sneaked in, we are in the process of contacting the necessary point of contact at Hampden.

Was on BBC website earlier , and although I would assume there will be crowd shots at the start of the game , I sent an e-mail to Sportscene about the display , so hopefully the nation will get to see the fruits of your labour !

Good work lads .

Not looking good with regards to the 1.5 metre squared flags as they have not arrived from Poland yet and the UPS tracker still does not have them in the UK. They may arrive before Saturday but as the hours go by the less confident I become.

Till rolls will of course still be good to go, as well as the message banners and the other wavey flags which we have been making. Sure the display will still look great but urging everyone to bring out as many flags as they can! Lets get a sea of Claret and Amber and try to get Hampden bouncing on Saturday! :thumbup:

Alright guys,

As I mentioned in the other thread regarding the display at Home to Dundee United, we are planning to have another one at Hampden for the Semi-Final against the Saints. As some of you know this takes a bit of time and money so I am just wondering if anyone on here would be up for helping out?

I contacted 'Flow and asked him where he got the Claret and Amber till rolls (streamers) that the Well Trust guys used at Hearts a few years ago. He gave me the supplier and they have got back to me with a price.

For 3,000 streamers (1.5k Claret & 1.5k Amber) it is working out at a total of £1,072.80 including VAT. The break down is £5.96 per box of 20 + VAT.

This may seem a lot but if we can get any sort of donation in then it could be done.

The idea is to get the streamers dished out in the family section prior to the game (hopefully we can get early access to the stadium) and lay them out on the seats. The middle section behind the goal will then have a display which has either a flag or a banner (plans still to be confirmed) with potentially a large Claret and Amber ribbon and the words "She Wore, She Wore" above it.

What I would need though is someone who may be up for taking charge of this, in terms of gathering money through PayPal. I may be able to do this if someone explains to me how it works exactly? And I will also take donations at the games. The women at premvan.com who are supplying the till rolls said we would have to get this confirmed by Tuesday 5th April at the latest so the till rolls can be dyed claret and amber and sent out in time for the game.

For those unsure of what it may look like, here are some examples of similar displays:

14niomv.jpg

sd0e1u.jpg

14jlo47.jpg

Cheers,

Dee

Normally at Scottish Cup semi-finals the SFA do stuff in the family stand. I facepaint for them so maybe contact them and see if Suzie and Stevie the mascots are doing the rounds.

Previously the Rockettes have been on hand giving out cameras, flags etc.

I know that the facepainting is going ahead, but unsure of the stand as yet.

All the till rolls arrived today and will be dished out tomorrow inside the stadium.

Delighted to let you know that the authorities at Hampden are supportive of this and I would like to thank the MFC Advisory Comittee and Alan Marshall for their help because without this who knows exactly where we would stand.

I know a lot of people on this forum, maybe even myself included were maybe sceptical about the Advisory Comittee but in this instance they have been nothing but helpful and kudos to Stephen for playing a large role in this project.

Just so you know, the till rolls have a wee sticky bit on them so if you peel this off before you throw them it will help create the streamer approach. Look forward to seeing the display and hopefully a 'Well victory!!!

• Like 9