Scottish Cup Final Fans Display Thread

Dee

Alright guys,

First time I've been on since the Semi so big thanks to everyone who made the till roll display possible. Most folk seemed happy to get involved which is always a good thing.

By skimming through this thread, it looks like a few people are enquiring about a final display and quite rightly so. Anything which can give us a wee edge, make Hampden claret and amber and potentially spur the team on to victory is a MUST in my opinion.

In terms of plans for the final a few of the guys are going to try and get together this week and discuss possibilities. I notice a few have suggested card displays which I reckon could be a good idea however lets remember these take a bit of coordination so it wouldnt be anything too complex. Other ideas like Neil's for long strips of material are also possible. Keep the suggestions coming folks and they will all be taken on board.

In terms of collecting for the display I will be going down to the Civic at one point this week to enquire about a lisence so we can collect at Home games and I will get the paypal account which we will be taking donations through on here later tonight!

Dee

I think a card display spelling out MFC would be ideal. This could be displayed in claret (or white if cheaper) writing with amber background. Would need to have printed on every card something like "Please hold above your head immediately before the players leave the tunnel and keep held until players emerge".

I would be willing to do the calculations and seating plans if required. People are correct in that we will need 3 full sections but no reason why we can't have this.

Would need to have printed on every card something like "Please hold above your head immediately before the players leave the tunnel and keep held until players emerge".

It's easy and cheap enough to get rubber ink stamps made up to do that job. Would just take a bit of time to stamp them all individually.

There is the option of a much cheaper card display - assuming a lot of fans will be in club colours such as tops, with scarves, flags, etc. If everyone can hold scarves aloft, wave flags or stick oot our big beer bellies then you have a sea of predominatly amber as a background. You then just need the few thousand claret cards to create a huge MFC.

What do you think as it gets everyone involved - apart from those that dont like wearing colours!!

i was thinking you could have claret in one section then amber in next and keep doing this round the curve but in the midde leave a space for the 40 custom made flags to be dished out and waved while the cards are being held up or the sector flag that was used while at dundee utd away in the cup also have a large banner down the front saying lets make history. I guess this would be alot of money but if we can raise it then it would look mint im also willing to help with anything you guys need.

Personally I think a card or poly flag display would be cracking. Claret and Amber repeated throughout the sections like a bar scarf would be simple but would look amazing. Words or letters would be good too but as was said above it takes a lot more planning. Think if the funds were there, having the whole of our end covered would look amazing. Everyone will take part if there's a card or a flag on their seat. We all know how it works since the whole "ultra" displays hit the uk a few year ago.

could all these displays and things mabye be the comeback of the well boys 86 ? :D

Looks like a card display is the best option and I think it would be feasible.

Regarding your post SG, if you read one of my earlier posts in this thread you will see that it is extremely unlikely that WB86 will return as it is working well just now, everyone seems happy and all the fans, as well as the club, seem supportive of the current set up! That said the more people that want to help involved with these displays, the making of flags / banners and generally bringing back the atmosphere to Fir Park should get involved.

the claret and amber saltire was discussed in the run up to the CIS final but a some jobs worth at Hampden said no as it was fire risk however the old scum got to do it a year later

Still think it's a great idea and the layout is already on the seats :whistling:

Regarding your post SG, if you read one of my earlier posts in this thread you will see that it is extremely unlike ly that WB86 will return as it is working well just now, everyone seems happy and all the fans, as well as the club, seem supportive of the current set up! That said the more people that want to help involved with these displays, the making of flags / banners and generally bringing back the atmosphere to Fir Park should get involved.

ohh well :blush: i would have enjoyed a return as you have proven yourselfs with displays and would be taken serious i think.

I know this has nothing to do with displays pre se....

I really don't want to have to listen to their 'I just can't get enough' rendition without some sort of reply sing song.... ideas?

something that would break it up when they go into their medley of doo doo's..... hey big spender? I dunno.

The PayPal for donations this time round will be josh-171@hotmail.co.uk , not sure if a Mod could maybe put this in the line below the title? The sooner we get donations in the more we will raise and the sooner we will be able to order materials, so please get involved and lets see a sea of Claret and Amber!!

In terms of the licence for street collections , would this still be needed if the collection points were inside the stadium e.g. in the East Stand there is plenty space behind the turnstiles and inside the cooper stand concourse.

Don't go into the POD but must be space there surely ?

Doing it on street seemed easier for us, given the numbers involved. We could have people on every way into the ground, just would have been abit easier if we'd have had the extra one on the que at the east turnstiles maybe. The street corners are a little easier as we're catching everybody going by with out needing too many people behind each gate, not so much a problem in the East but with several wee blocks of turnstiles in the O'Donnell and Cooper getting people there on time and organized maybe a struggle.