Scottish Cup Final Fans Display Thread

Dee

Been liasing with the Advisory committee and the club regarding the matter, I'm going to go down to the Civic this week and enquire about the lisence.

For the time being, those with a PayPal account, please get donating. Card display it will be by the looks of things, we have the 40 1.5 metre squared flags which didnt arrive in time for the Semi, which will be getting saved for the final also. Shaping up to be a great day in terms of colour, lets hope we can match it with noise!!

Been liasing with the Advisory committee and the club regarding the matter, I'm going to go down to the Civic this week and enquire about the lisence.

For the time being, those with a PayPal account, please get donating. Card display it will be by the looks of things, we have the 40 1.5 metre squared flags which didnt arrive in time for the Semi, which will be getting saved for the final also. Shaping up to be a great day in terms of colour, lets hope we can match it with noise!!

How many coloured cards are we looking at and are they Claret and Amber?

From looking at the steelmenonline sponsorship, there are instances where Paypal don't charge you a handling fee for sending money. I'm sure its down to your status and registration.

Don't know if its worth looking into?

Just mark it as a paypal gift when sending the donation.

I'll chuck some cash to it when I get paid on Thursday. Throughly enjoyed seeing the streamers on Sat (and getting hit with one!), and had a good laugh at the linesman getting tangled up right in front of us!

I'll chuck some cash to it when I get paid on Thursday. Throughly enjoyed seeing the streamers on Sat (and getting hit with one!), and had a good laugh at the linesman getting tangled up right in front of us!

That Lino really was a nugget. Couldn't get it off his legs, was watching him trying to clear it but he kept wrapping it tighter round him. Had some red neck the lad after that.

Please excuse my ignorance.

Im quite surprised about the amount of work and cash involved in these displays.

Other clubs fans seem to do some amazing displays week in week out. surely they cant be forking out grands every week and putting huge amount of time in to these displays.

Look at some of these videos.

Fair enough we hate Aberdeen and there ultra group don't exist anymore but they did have some great displays involving all the fans.

Celtic bellow, Hate them as much as you want but they know how to do it. surely they cant be spending that kind of money etc?

and the last one at hampden NOTE PLEASE MUTE THE SOUND

These are organised by tight knit groups whos main focus are these kind of displays.

They are continually raising funds throughout the season through merch (scarfs badges tshirts stickers etc) fundraisers and are open to all year round donations not just for specific disPlays.

Welshman, I actually speak to one of the lads who used to run the Red Ultras / Red Army and in terms of the card displays they used to get it very cheap as they knew a lad who ran a papermill. If you look at the attendance for that Rangers game aswell you will see that the stadium in full hence why everyone is holding the card.

Regarding the Green Brigade, they run fundraisers throughout the year and have a PayPal account set up which takes donations all through the year. The main difference between us and them is, they have much larger fan bases and in turn can take in much larger sums of money. Also, they benefit from buying in bulk, if you look at the till roll video from the OF Derby, every single person in that ground has a till roll, maybe people with more than one, meaning the overall price is cheaper.

Relating this to our card display, I am currently gathering prices at the moment and a card display will be significantly cheaper than a till roll display simply because it is easier to source Claret and Amber card. We considered a card display for the Semi but without full capacity sections we felt it wouldnt have been as effective.

just got to say, that i seen a good few people stealing till roll for other peoples seats (mine included) which ruined it. thats how we ended up with the timing being off and bits randomly being thrown ect.

Was it not a case of people collecting the stuff themselves from the guys with the boxes of stuff at the top of the stairs, rather than everything already being laid out at each seat?

Was it not a case of people collecting the stuff themselves from the guys with the boxes of stuff at the top of the stairs, rather than everything already being laid out at each seat?

well when i was walkin to my seat i seen it sitting there, never paid any attention and by the time i got there i was gone.....

Till rolls were being handed out at the top of the stairs rather than being placed at specific seats. As Dee says we're looking at possibly a card display (size depending on finance basically),but we'd hope to involve all fans if possible. I'm an ex well boy lad and when we existed done many small displays and tifos however none of us have ever done anything of this size before so bare with us. What i will say though is that the support we are receiving from both the club and fans is muchly appreciated and the enthusiasm of everyone really is brilliant.

Lets not let it stop here however. As a 'well fan I'm all about trying to improve the atmosphere and overall experience of watching the 'well. I'd love it if we as a support could carry this through to next season and beyond, because i genuinely believe we have the power to make a difference in a match.

Viva 'Well

Welshman, I actually speak to one of the lads who used to run the Red Ultras / Red Army and in terms of the card displays they used to get it very cheap as they knew a lad who ran a papermill. If you look at the attendance for that Rangers game aswell you will see that the stadium in full hence why everyone is holding the card.

Regarding the Green Brigade, they run fundraisers throughout the year and have a PayPal account set up which takes donations all through the year. The main difference between us and them is, they have much larger fan bases and in turn can take in much larger sums of money. Also, they benefit from buying in bulk, if you look at the till roll video from the OF Derby, every single person in that ground has a till roll, maybe people with more than one, meaning the overall price is cheaper.

Relating this to our card display, I am currently gathering prices at the moment and a card display will be significantly cheaper than a till roll display simply because it is easier to source Claret and Amber card. We considered a card display for the Semi but without full capacity sections we felt it wouldnt have been as effective.

Thank you very much for the reply Dee. Its cleared a lot up for me.

Cliquey wee soul's though aren't you.

Iv offered my serviced before and via pm to some lad and i get ignored.:lol:

Maybe if you let more fans into your wee gang or even encourage more fans to take part in organising, making banners etc these displays could become a lot easier to put together and then be a regular thing.

Maybe have wee get togethers now and then where ideas and all that are discussed.

Good luck anyway pal. Your a dedicated bunch and because of that whatever you do at hampden will look great. :thumbup:

Till rolls were being handed out at the top of the stairs rather than being placed at specific seats. As Dee says we're looking at possibly a card display (size depending on finance basically),but we'd hope to involve all fans if possible. I'm an ex well boy lad and when we existed done many small displays and tifos however none of us have ever done anything of this size before so bare with us. What i will say though is that the support we are receiving from both the club and fans is muchly appreciated and the enthusiasm of everyone really is brilliant.

Lets not let it stop here however. As a 'well fan I'm all about trying to improve the atmosphere and overall experience of watching the 'well. I'd love it if we as a support could carry this through to next season and beyond, because i genuinely believe we have the power to make a difference in a match.

Viva 'Well

100% does make a difference to the players. Its a proven fact that players up there game when the crowd is behind them.

Also i think if there was a great atmosphere at every game it would attract more people through the gates.

One of the things that puts people off coming to fir park is the atmosphere. Honestly ask a well fan you know that don't go to many games at fir park the reasons and the atmosphere will be amongst the reasons.

imagine :wub: playing st Johnston on a wet wednesday and there is no atmosphere. The players will find it hard to get up for the game and probably wish they were at home instead of ON the field.

A great atmosphere with singing most of the game will make a huge difference to the players.

Maybe its about time the motherwell fans play there part in the spl games as well as we do in the cups. It does make a differance