Scottish Cup Final Fans Display Thread

Dee

Few things to cover RE yesterday.

Firstly, it looked amazing, a lot more coherent than theirs, credit to all involved and especially Dee's group for seeing this through to fruition. Special thanks also to the SteelmenOnline volunteers who came not knowing anyone and gave up their time on Friday. Apologies for not having more time to thank you on the day, but your departure was rather rushed on the first minibus.

Despite what the unwashed hoard suggested every penny for this was raised through fans donations either via paypal, or in buckets before games/during the ticket sales, they are still a little short so if anyone reading this feels they want to contribute retrospectively then please do so.

Secondly, the design on the front of the cards, credit and thanks due to underboyleheating for the inspiration with the names of former players ghosted in the background which was borrowed from his 125th Sampdoria strip and help with the same font as the current commemorative C&A strip "125 Years".

High winds overnight meant that a lot of the cards in sections B5, B6 and B7 were all over the place. High blood pressure aside it got sorted just in time.

Only one minor thing, disappointed that some Well "fans" for selfish reasons collected a full set of all three colours before the match therefore depriving some of being involved. I really hope that those who couldn't contribute due to the actions of these people weren't kids. I challenged one person who said they were given to them by friends sitting elsewhere. Believe what you will.

I'll forward a copy of the design to 'Flow for download from the official site as a windows background. Obviously, changing from portrait to landscape format, just needs a few tweaks here and there.

Just wanted to say a couple of things regarding the display.

I've been going to the football every week for what will be next season, 17 years. In that time we've had pretty much every occasion a footy fan can hope to see, cup semi-finals, finals, european ties. Obviously I have enjoyed all of them, some more/less than others, but for the most part I thought i'd experienced everything there was.

Until yesterday, when I had two, genuinely take my breath away moments. The first was when we were standing just before the teams came out, waiting for the announcer to begin and hold up our cards...and I saw the Celtic display appear what seemed like magically out of nowhere. Albeit it was one of the Old Firm who I despise, but I had never seen anything like that in the flesh before...and watching it grow out of nothing kinda blew me away.

The second was straight after that when, in a "call and response" type fashion, we used their display as our signal rather than waiting for the announcer...and our own display appeared. I was lucky enough to be in section B5 which while still involved, was far enough round to be able to look across and see it, and a breathtaking moment moved up another level.

Being completely honest I have had my times when i've praised the guys at the end of the east stand, but also times when i've been pretty critical. The way they went about doing this however, showed a maturity and a discipline has been added to their always good intentions, and that for me is the difference. I cannot praise them enough and now those qualities are evidently there, I hope they can go from strength to strength and really achieve more in regards to atmosphere, colour and celebration.

That moment when both displays were up is the most impressive and special thing i've ever been involved in as a footy fan, and I will remember that feeling for the rest of my life. Cheers to the boys that were responsible, and big thanks to the helpers who carried it out.

What a shite game though....experimenting in a cup final?? sad.gif

• Like 4

The second was straight after that when, in a "call and response" type fashion, we used their display as our signal rather than waiting for the announcer...and our own display appeared. I was lucky enough to be in section B5 which while still involved, was far enough round to be able to look across and see it, and a breathtaking moment moved up another level.

That was fucking great. Was amazing how every well fan with the card held it up as soon as we saw theres go up and the display looked amazing. Good job to everyone who was involved

Display was fantastic. Well done to all involved !

I know a lot of the youngsters were not old enough to see us win in 91 and i'm sure if the team show the same commitment as these guys next season it wont be too long 'till they get to do it again and hopefully get to see us lift the cup.

Once again to all the lads & lassies involved

F A N T A S T I C !

Only one minor thing, disappointed that some Well "fans" for selfish reasons collected a full set of all three colours before the match therefore depriving some of being involved. I really hope that those who couldn't contribute due to the actions of these people weren't kids. I challenged one person who said they were given to them by friends sitting elsewhere. Believe what you will.

I would just like to point out I waited until the end to collect a set of three (your honour)

Can only echo everything that's been posted previously - standing in B4 I couldn't really see the effect, but via photos after the game & the highlights last night, I've nothing but admiration for you guys who took an idea, and had the devotion to see it through.

Plaudits as well to everyone who contributed, be it in contributing time and\or money :thumbup:

The quality of card used, as well as the print on the coloured side have provided a cracking momento - pity the result and performance couldn't have been better, but we still got to the final.

Our time will come

MON RA DOSSERS

just seen the display on the highlights from last night, looked absolutely quality. Even though I saw what the layout would be in the protected cup section it looked masses better than expected (and I expected it'd be good)! Colours were so vivid! Excellent effort lads :D

Well Done to everyone involved setting this up yesterday. From where I stood under the cards, it just looked like bands of claret and amber. It wasn't until I saw it on the TV this morning, I realsied how well thought out this was.

Congratulations.

Get Ready for the 2012 Cup Final.

I knew at the set up and throughout the conversations held about designs that it would look brilliant, but when I saw the first picture appear last night, it blew me away. The video there also really shows how impressive the response to Celtic was. Massive thanks to every fan who made such a special and spectacular start to the Cup Final possible.:notworthy:

Pitty it wasn't to be.

The display was brilliant, we were in B3, so under a big Amber lot, it looked amazing seeing the pics online after it! Well done to everyone involved in making this happen :D

well lads time to get the thinking caps on,

You only have a year to outdo yesterday at next years cup final.

:thumbup:

well lads time to get the thinking caps on,

You only have a year to outdo yesterday at next years cup final.

:thumbup:

A big ask but fingers crossed. Would be more than over the moon if we weren't faced with one of them on the other side this time.