Craig Brown

gullane

I think I speak for most Well fans that all that really irked us about Brown leaving for Aberdeen was not the leaving, but the manner in which he left. IE, one day he gave a radio interview, proclaiming he was flattered by Aberdeen's overtures, but through loyalty to the players, staff and fans of Motherwell FC, he would find it hard to turn his back on the club. "How could I ever look at players such as Stephen Craigan in the eye again?" The next day he was off.

At the time of typing this post, nobody knows for sure what exactly was said after the Aberdeen match. When interviewed on BBC Scotland, CB's response to be asked about the incident was to say he had been advised by the Police, not to make any comment. To most people, that should mean not making any futher response to queries about his position with Motherwell FC. All he had to say was "let's just stick to the game."

However that's not enough for CB. He just had to politely inform listeners that he had always maintained his dignity and not commented on wht REALLY happened between him and the club. If fans new the truth, we would have a change of mind. This to me is indirect aggression, disrespectful and undiplomatic.

Craig - politeness doesn't disguise the fact that your integrity is questionable and you are certainly no diplomat. Just shut up!

• Like 1

As I posted on the other thread, Craig Brown knows exactly what he's doing.

He plays the wee cheery gentleman to absolute perfection, always on hand for a soundbite or a quote. I bought into that image for years until we all saw just how two-faced a wee rat he was when he left, and at that stage we suddenly realised just how well he plays the media game and knows exactly how to work things in his favour.

This is another perfect example of that, and the media will lap it up. He's a smart wee prick.

• Like 1

So he's told by the police not to make any comments, then he goes straight on to the radio and comes out with things like: "there are one or two, I think, who besmirch the dignity of the club."

What an absolute c***o of a man.

This is the point I made in an earlier thread this morning. If anything happens to Brown, he'll be straight out to the media playing the martyr and we'd all have to suffer listening to it. Sure enough, hours later, that's exactly what's happened.

Just listened to his BBC interview.

After asking about the incident at the end he's asked whether it soured his return to FP and the critisism. Brown's answer was.

'There was a bit of critisism, but not from anyone that mattered either the players or Stuart McCall and his staff.'

So the fans don't matter then Craig no?

Just listened to his BBC interview.

After asking about the incident at the end he's asked whether it soured his return to FP and the critisism. Brown's answer was.

'There was a bit of critisism, but not from anyone that mattered either the players or Stuart McCall and his staff.'

So the fans don't matter then Craig no?

Exactly what I thought.

Embarrass the club? What a statement to make without backing it up. Anybody could imply ANYTHING about any person with a statement like that. Even if true that statemernt is pretty petty and cowardly.

As I posted on the other thread, Craig Brown knows exactly what he's doing.

mate, i disagree. he thinks he knows what's he doing but he doesn't have a clue.

when he left us he shamed himself. he showed his true character and even although the mainstream media apolgised for him the vast majority of supporters in scotland knew he shat on us.

the truth and what is reported in this country are completely different things. before he shafted us he had an impeccable rep and legacy. after he done the dirty proper supporters recognised he was a chancer and the lies he has told this evening will only have enforced this.

• Like 1

mate, i disagree. he thinks he knows what's he doing but he doesn't have a clue.

when he left us he shamed himself. he showed his true character and even although the mainstream media apolgised for him the vast majority of supporters in scotland knew he shat on us.

the truth and what is reported is in the country are completely different things. before he shafted us he had an impeccable rep and legacy. after he done the dirty proper supporters recognised he was a chancer and the lies he has told this evening will only have enforced this.

Possibly. I agree with what you're saying - the truth is he's a wee two faced bastard, but in the media he's portrayed as the cuddly old gentleman. We obviously recognise he's a chancer and that his lies tonight reinforce that, but do fans and folk involved with other clubs know that?

A St. Mirren fan isn't going to spend time analysing the situation, as far as they're concerned wee Broon's probably telling the truth IMO. And Aberdeen fans probably won't even acknowledge the way he left us shows him up as being a wee rat.

Regardless, it's all about getting a cooshty ride by the media and the folk around him. Boyle's whispered something in his ear and he's lost the plot, grabbing at Boyle's jacket and making himself look like a wee idiot. He's also just saw his team beaten by his former team. So he plays the dignified gentleman once again, dropping hints at embarrassing secrets without going into detail, and generally just making himself out to be the victim. Once again, the vast majority of folk (ie. not 'Well fans) take it at face value and his cuddly reputation is left intact.

Maybe I'm just not giving people outwith the 'Well support enough credit, but I really doubt if his reputation has changed much since he left us outwith our own support.

• Like 2

BTW when the Police told him not to comment I assume it was only in regard to the incident with Boyle at the end of the game. He's free to say whatever he likes about his time at the the Club, and he does so in a way he doesn't have to back it up the old coot!

Possibly. I agree with what you're saying - the truth is he's a wee two faced bastard, but in the media he's portrayed as the cuddly old gentleman. We obviously recognise he's a chancer and that his lies tonight reinforce that, but do fans and folk involved with other clubs know that?

judging by pie and bovril and other fan sites most punters see through him even if they don't sympathise with us.

it probably depends on what you what you view as the public. in my experience the majority of people that put their money up for tickets,no matter who they support (including the of), have a good grasp of what is going on in the game. his public reputation isn't going to be wrecked but i think amongst the people who truly care and matter he is diminished.

i was played for a fool. i sang his name all the way home from aberdeen when we beat mcghee's team 3-0. i sang his name in denmark. i sang his name at tynecastle when we hammered hearts. i believed him when he said he was sticking by mfc then he shafted us a day later.

brown was doing a decent job with an honest bunch of players. he left for more money to manage a bunch of wasters and now he's launched this bitter tirade, it won't have gone unnoticed.

• Like 1

After listening to craig borwns interview what does he exactly mean by he has stories that are unknown to people. Will the club say anything about this. And i really think that the press will be allover this until they find out what the stories are

Wee Judas on Radio Scotland Thought his voice sounded very shakey, he'll play the victim when he gets his touchline ban, as you know if it's not in the match report Celtic will complain.

How many times did he say dignity ? doesn't know the meaning of the word !!

GIRUY!!

Judas Judas what's the score, Judas what's the score??

Really hope we meet them in the cup final

Whatever boyle said he wasn't waiting around for a reaction from brown he expected him to take it whatever he said and practically legged it to the tunnel.

The secrets from CB is a really weird one, you can't say i know secrets that would disgrace this club but i'm staying quite with dignity!!!!

As a supporter you take in all the information from snippets and come up with your own story and sometimes u get it wrong.

If CB does know secrets about this club that could bring our good name or our chairman for that matter into distribrute, after him coming out with that makes me feel as if possibly Boyle is stepping down as his position is untenable at the club for some unknown reason.

If he walks then it can't blight the club but maybe thats my overactive imagination,

Whatever boyle said he wasn't waiting around for a reaction from brown he expected him to take it whatever he said and practically legged it to the tunnel.

The secrets from CB is a really weird one, you can't say i know secrets that would disgrace this club but i'm staying quite with dignity!!!!

As a supporter you take in all the information from snippets and come up with your own story and sometimes u get it wrong.

If CB does know secrets about this club that could bring our good name or our chairman for that matter into distribrute, after him coming out with that makes me feel as if possibly Boyle is stepping down as his position is untenable at the club for some unknown reason.

If he walks then it can't blight the club but maybe thats my overactive imagination,

calm down dear.

boyle had a bit too much red wine.

brown is the original jackanory.

there is zero chance of brown having any dirt on us.

"I know something you don't know" hee-hee. Primary school material.

Speak up or shut up ya two-faced cunt. The I-could-spill-the-beans-but-look-how-dignified-and-decorous-I-am nonsense is a bit grating and shows him up for the conniving twat that he is. His mask has slipped, again.

• Like 1

This is a guy that has had his marital and post marital liasions splashed all over the papers, got caught singing the sash on one of his burd's answering machine, and got rumbled in the 'poison letter' scandal with Gerry McNee. Well versed in embarrasing scenarios I'd say.

Allegedly :evilgrin:

calm down dear.

boyle had a bit too much red wine.

brown is the original jackanory.

there is zero chance of brown having any dirt on us.

Therein lies the rub. Boyle likes the juice and judging by his eyes had a few too many - but I am sure he was only tellin Broon what 000's of Motherwell fans would like to say to him......that is he is a judas pr1ck.

End of the day he may have helped us initially, but then he high tailed it too Aberdeen after 15+ media interviews when he said he was going no-where. At NO point have i EVER heard him credit or thank Motherwell for giving the opportunity rather than let him dwell in an old folks home.

I don't dislike the guy immensely , but he is a lying two face nyaff :bad:

• Like 1

A lot of utter shite, both of them are left looking like a pair of stupid old fuds acting like daft wee dicks and the Police get involved as well.

Brown ending it with I know some bad stuff and I'm no telling is just the icing on the cake of this sad fuckin episode.

Square go in the car park - nae mates, bring it on.