Craig Brown

gullane

Peeps. SUMO. Shut-Up Move on. Don't waste breath/print on auld Broon.

He's just the latest in a long line of chumps that have left FP to go on to so-called bigger and better things. He has joined the ever-lengthening list of "where are they now?":lol:

Can't really understand why they are going after this relatively insignificant (for them) amount of cash. If its out of principal then they are both equally guilty of breaking promises, however the difference is Motherwell didn't give press conferences citing they promise to pay bonus' and pulled the rug away 24 hours later.

The thing that got me was Craig quoting Youngie, if indeed he did call him, it's wholly inappropriate to reference it as it puts Youngie in a uncomfortable position with the club and also Brown continues to comment on the events despite instructions not to. He is attempting get public vindication by stealth. Youngie has potentially given him an outlet to bring it up again.

It was evident last night on Sportscene when Billy Brown suggested we had short memories of what Craig and Archie achieved ..... I'm grateful of what they achieved Billy, I take exception in the way they handled their exit and will continue to voice my opinion on that. But don't let that get in the way of the old, cuddly, walking football anecdote encyclopaedia, chivalrous persona he happily and continually paints.

If Youngie is guilty of anything it was to be naive and think Craig would keep their discussion off the record regardless of the content and what was discussed.

My thoughts exactly. Very well put. I suspect that money ie his salary as opposed to the playing budget, was a continuous issue for him whilst at Fir Park despite saying that he wasn't in it for the cash.

He really has a brass neck given the way that he left. If true about Gordon Young he has used him and put him in a very awkward position.

Boyle actually called him a ........ Mercenary....... with a few expletives adding in.

Funny how Alistair McCoist was pro-traded by the media as the innocent party and Lennon as the baddie but in this incident the media have turned the table.

McCoist - Liked by media Lennon - disliked

Broon - Liked Boyle and Motherwell FC in general - disliked

Like most people on here Broon has played the media and they believe every word that spouts from his mouth.

But we are all not a dumb as these so called journalists and are now seeing thru the 2 faced grumpy old man.

Craig was very adapt at showing support for the referees to the media but to the refs faces away from the media he had a very different story.

Bonus' are normally paid at the stage you exit the competition as I'm sure the pot would grow dependent when the club is knocked out or ultimately wins. Therefore we were knocked out in late January and by that stage they had left 6 weeks earlier.

Can't really understand why they are going after this relatively insignificant (for them) amount of cash. If its out of principal then they are both equally guilty of breaking promises, however the difference is Motherwell didn't give press conferences citing they promise to pay bonus' and pulled the rug away 24 hours later.

The thing that got me was Craig quoting Youngie, if indeed he did call him, it's wholly inappropriate to reference it as it puts Youngie in a uncomfortable position with the club and also Brown continues to comment on the events despite instructions not to. He is attempting get public vindication by stealth. Youngie has potentially given him an outlet to bring it up again.

It's important the club aren't out manoeuvred by this old tager, he's already losing it, look at Casagolda and Gow.

It was evident last night on Sportscene when Billy Brown suggested we had short memories of what Craig and Archie achieved ..... I'm grateful of what they achieved Billy, I take exception in the way they handled their exit and will continue to voice my opinion on that. But don't let that get in the way of the old, cuddly, walking football anecdote encyclopaedia, chivalrous persona he happily and continually paints.

If Youngie is guilty of anything it was to be naive and think Craig would keep their discussion off the record regardless of the content and what was discussed.

Since none of know what went on exactly when Brown and Knox left, it amazes me that people still continue to paint Brown in particular as a traitor etc, for all we know Boyle had promised all kinds only to do a rapid u- turn. Boyle acted like a ned using his tactic of insulting someone then running away, very dignified indeed ........I think not.

Maybe a good idea to keep the insults out of it, until both sides of the story is told and given our record of doing that, I can't see it happening anytime soon.

• Like 2

Boyle acted like a ned using his tactic of insulting someone then running away, very dignified indeed ........I think not.

Maybe a good idea to keep the insults out of it, until both sides of the story is told and given our record of doing that, I can't see it happening anytime soon.

You fall into the same perceived trap as those you criticise. How do you know John Boyle "insulted" Craig Brown? Is it possible that JB simply said something that CB didn't like? How do you know what was said? Did John Boyle run away? As far as I can see from the video footage, he turned and walked off and just about had his jacket ripped off his back. For someone who promised not to comment further, Craig Brown has said quite a lot since the incident.

• Like 1

With respect to Moe's comment, the "gentlemanly" thing to do in that instance would be to just smile and be content with yourself not to take the bait. I for one, think that nobody likes being told the hard truth ......

The way Boyle went about things could have worked out better for the club, in terms of timing and media exposure, however I'll defend his right to tell anyone inside his business his opinion.

OK he is excitable (Cardiff City on Sky Sports News for example). I'd prefer if it wasn't caught on camera just because of the subsequent fallout. Let's put what he has done recently in context though, the guy is walking away gifting the club his shares without looking for any recompense for the £10m he has injected over his tenure, he has earned the right and even if he hadn't, he is still the chairman and owner.

Secondly I'd draw attention to the statement the Dons put out in December:

Aberdeen Statement

For those who know media-speak, read between the lines, as underboyleheating's signature confirms, "The most important thing in communication is to hear what isn’t being said".

For me Brown has betrayed the trust of a few Motherwell employees for personal gain, made an arse of himself in the media with his u-turn in December, cited "embarrassing" the club and how Youngie called to apologise for the events further shows how a) low he can stoop to try to maintain his perception among the wider public and b) how he tries to circumvent the "no comment" request imposed by Strathclyde's finest.

If he was called a "mercenary" as reported then that would be both correct and tame.

You fall into the same perceived trap as those you criticise. How do you know John Boyle "insulted" Craig Brown? Is it possible that JB simply said something that CB didn't like? How do you know what was said? Did John Boyle run away? As far as I can see from the video footage, he turned and walked off and just about had his jacket ripped off his back. For someone who promised not to comment further, Craig Brown has said quite a lot since the incident.

Your 100% correct in your assertion that I like everyone else except Brown and Boyle do not know what was said, after Boyle said what he said, he certainly did not hang about for a reply. It's very easy to analyse and pick through what others post on here, like you did with my post, I think most people would accept that Boyle said something that Brown did not like, insult or otherwise, for a man in his position you expect much better than that kind of conduct, or at least I do.

I wonder if you and many others on here would be so understanding if the roles were reversed, and Brown was the one doing the whispering in JB's ear................, no doubt Brown would be an aggresive..............this and that.

To sum up

Brown = Bad

Boyle and MFC = Good (irrespective of what went on)

With respect to Moe's comment, the "gentlemanly" thing to do in that instance would be to just smile and be content with yourself not to take the bait. I for one, think that nobody likes being told the hard truth ......

The way Boyle went about things could have worked out better for the club, in terms of timing and media exposure, however I'll defend his right to tell anyone inside his business his opinion.

OK he is excitable (Cardiff City on Sky Sports News for example). I'd prefer if it wasn't caught on camera just because of the subsequent fallout. Let's put what he has done recently in context though, the guy is walking away gifting the club his shares without looking for any recompense for the £10m he has injected over his tenure, he has earned the right and even if he hadn't, he is still the chairman and owner.

Secondly I'd draw attention to the statement the Dons put out in December:

Aberdeen Statement

For those who know media-speak, read between the lines, as underboyleheating's signature confirms, "The most important thing in communication is to hear what isn't being said".

For me Brown has betrayed the trust of a few Motherwell employees for personal gain, made an arse of himself in the media with his u-turn in December, cited "embarrassing" the club and how Youngie called to apologise for the events further shows how a) low he can stoop to try to maintain his perception among the wider public and b) how he tries to circumvent the "no comment" request imposed by Strathclyde's finest.

If he was called a "mercenary" as reported then that would be both correct and tame.

Another very good post Ladywelltoi. Can't help think though, in retrospect (although I wasn't one) how the Scottish public drooled over Craig Brown's appointment as Scotland manager, considering he was, and I'll say it again, a schoolteacher.

What's going on now behind the scenes goes on in corporate places of work all the time. I think there is far too much attention paid to it. The club screwed up when they didn't have him sign a contract. Brown left when he said he wasn't. Boyle said something in the public eye he probably shouldn't have. Everybody loses. We need to get over this and move on.

Oh come on, he certainly did not compliment him, that is obvious from the video.

Oh come on, he certainly did not compliment him, that is obvious from the video.

Thats obvious and goes without saying.

However John Boyle clearly did say something that wasn't palatable to Craig Brown and we'll probably never know exactly what was said or how it was said. JB shouldn't have got involved in front of the cameras - I quite accept that. Feelings were obviously running high and despite what Craig Brown said many of us were partly responsible for this by winding him up during the game. But, football is a passionate game. In an altercation like this its not just what was said and how it was said thats a factor but also the character and mood of the party about whom the comment was made. JB may have been insulting, may have been abusive or he may not. However because Craig Brown reacted aggressively doesn't necessarily mean that he was insulted. If some people are wound up then a simple comment like "You owe me money" or "I want a word with you" might be sufficient to light the blue touch paper.

What is clearer now than its ever been is that Craig Brown is skilled in manipulating the media.

• Like 1

Feelings were obviously running high and despite what Craig Brown said many of us were partly responsible for this by winding him up during the game.

Really?

I've actually never witnessed anyone getting off as lightly as Craig Brown did on Saturday. Our reception was harly Andy Walkeresque!

Broon and Knox can get themselves to fuck. We owe them hee-haw. Pair of chancers the both of them.

1. Where were Brown and Knox working when John Boyle asked them to help out ?

2. If they did not sign a contract why the f*ck should John Boyle give them bonus money, a gentleman's???? agreement works both ways.

3. John Boyle has invested and written off a significant amount of money to Motherwell F.C. and he was angered enough at Brown that he felt that he had to speak to him, only turning up for that purpose.

4. Did "clubber" Brown not throw punches at an opposition coach in the Odense game?

To sum up, in my opinion, John Boyle gave these 2 arrogant tossers a job, albeit they did ok for a while. They then took a job with Aberdeen citing the fact they did not have a contract, the day after saying that they wouldn't leave. We owe them nothing.

Brown is an arroggant tosser and his actions proved that,................................. Dignified?????????????............................... MY ARSE.

John Boyle did that wee show for our benefit, do you not think that them leaving for a lesser team was less of a kick in the teeth to him than it was to us?

JB got it right up Broon in public, Broon made an erse of himself. I think I'll shake JB's hand for that next time I see him. Don't particularly care about the finer details, I'm happy with events and the meedja can go take a running jump to themselves same as Broon and Knox, pair of auld money grabbing baistards.

Mon the JB

• Like 6

Can the hypocritical old fucker not see the irony in his claim for money????

He wants money for getting us to a semi due to an agreement but feels he is free to leave whenever he wants as he had no contract!

What a despicable old c**t he is!!!

So on the basis of your thinking, he had no contract so why did Boyle him a wage every month ?

Presumably as the Gentleman's agreement was still in force at the time? <_>

So it may be safe to assume that the Gentleman's agreement for paying the semi-final bonus was made during the same period, thereby Brown has a case to ask for the outstanding debt.

So it may be safe to assume that the Gentleman's agreement for paying the semi-final bonus was made during the same period, thereby Brown has a case to ask for the outstanding debt.

As far as the gentleman's agreement goes, not in my opinion, no - as Brown left in the manner he did, the gentleman's agreement was pretty much ripped up I would say. That's the point of gentleman's agreements - it requires a moral obligation from both parties to work.

That said - he possibly has a case legally. I'm no legal expert obviously - but I guess he could argue that he had a verbal contract for that bonus payment and a verbal contract is binding under Scots Law I believe.

Regardless, he's got a fucking brass neck pursuing 'Well for loose change after the way he conducted himself (and continues to conduct himself)

I would assume that if you were promised a bonus for getting the club to the semi final of the CIS Cup and then left to get a better paid job before said semi final then you really wouldn't come back to the club you quit and ask for the bonus would you?

Mercenary fucks.

if he managed the team in the semi final he would have got his bonus however he broke his contract/gentleman's agreement, whatever you want to call it, and fucked off to pittodrie.

he continually told the press he had no contract with mfc when he moved to aberdeen. now he apparently thinks we are contractually obliged to give him a bonus? :fuckyou:

if he does go to a tribunal and cite some sort of contract we should be straight onto the spl making a complaint about aberdeen poaching him. either way he won't be due anything as you actually have to be employed by a company to be due a bonus.

the only thing brown has a case for is incontinence pants.

As far as the gentleman's agreement goes, not in my opinion, no - as Brown left in the manner he did, the gentleman's agreement was pretty much ripped up I would say. That's the point of gentleman's agreements - it requires a moral obligation from both parties to work.

That said - he possibly has a case legally. I'm no legal expert obviously - but I guess he could argue that he had a verbal contract for that bonus payment and a verbal contract is binding under Scots Law I believe.

Regardless, he's got a fucking brass neck pursuing 'Well for loose change after the way he conducted himself (and continues to conduct himself)

So we are back to square one, MFC =Good, Brown=Bad. No one knows the true facts of why Brown left, I don't see him telling us anytime soon, and there is no way in Hell Boyle will either. It assumed because Brown left he broke the agreement ( MFC =Good, Brown=Bad ), remember out revered chairman has to say the least a ropey past in business, but lets ignore all that, it suits the agenda better if Brown gets the blame.