Craig Brown

gullane

• 4 weeks later...

Just saw this on wikipedia :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Aberdeen

Brown, who was working without a contract at Motherwell, rebuffed an initial approach by Aberdeen on 8 December 2010.[8] He then had a change of heart after a second approach was made, and was appointed Aberdeen manager on 10 December. He currently has Aberdeen supporters fooled into thinking that he is some kind of 'elderly gentleman' while hiding the fact that he is a devious, lying old twunt.[8]

And McGhee

Aberdeen

On 12 June 2009 McGhee was confirmed as the new manager of Aberdeen.[10] His first competitive match in charge resulted in a 5–1 home defeat by Czech team SK Sigma Olomouc in the UEFA Europa League.[11] Aberdeen lost the return leg 3–0, resulting in an 8–1 aggregate defeat,[12] which is Aberdeen's heaviest defeat in UEFA competition.[13] After another poor result against first division side Raith Rovers in February, McGhee claimed he was spat at by members of the Aberdeen support.[14]

On 6 November 2010, Aberdeen fell to a humiliating 9–0 defeat at the hands of Celtic, which set a new club record defeat.[13] McGhee failed to apologise for the performance, much to the ire of the fans.[15] McGhee had previously stated to the press "Go and look me up on Wikipedia. I've got a track record".[16] It was announced days later that McGhee had been given a vote of confidence to continue as manager. After further poor results, however, McGhee was sacked on 1 December.[17] The club were second bottom of the SPL and only avoided last place on goal difference.[18] His tenure ended with McGhee being statistically the second least successful Aberdeen manager, only ahead of Alex Miller, with just 17 wins from 62 matches (27.42%). With no one giving him an interview and the footballing world turning their backs on him, McGhee decided to donate his head to medical science. Scientists were able to establish the exact gene that gives off delusion of grandeur. The size of McGhee's naper can confuse many individuals, including the Carnbuckle group, who mistakingly assumed that his large foredome was actually a town and nominated him for worst town in Britain along with Coatbridge. [13][19]

Just saw this on wikipedia :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Aberdeen

Brown, who was working without a contract at Motherwell, rebuffed an initial approach by Aberdeen on 8 December 2010.[8] He then had a change of heart after a second approach was made, and was appointed Aberdeen manager on 10 December. He currently has Aberdeen supporters fooled into thinking that he is some kind of 'elderly gentleman' while hiding the fact that he is a devious, lying old twunt.[8]

:yahoo:

And McGhee

Aberdeen

On 12 June 2009 McGhee was confirmed as the new manager of Aberdeen.[10] His first competitive match in charge resulted in a 5–1 home defeat by Czech team SK Sigma Olomouc in the UEFA Europa League.[11] Aberdeen lost the return leg 3–0, resulting in an 8–1 aggregate defeat,[12] which is Aberdeen's heaviest defeat in UEFA competition.[13] After another poor result against first division side Raith Rovers in February, McGhee claimed he was spat at by members of the Aberdeen support.[14]

On 6 November 2010, Aberdeen fell to a humiliating 9–0 defeat at the hands of Celtic, which set a new club record defeat.[13] McGhee failed to apologise for the performance, much to the ire of the fans.[15] McGhee had previously stated to the press "Go and look me up on Wikipedia. I've got a track record".[16] It was announced days later that McGhee had been given a vote of confidence to continue as manager. After further poor results, however, McGhee was sacked on 1 December.[17] The club were second bottom of the SPL and only avoided last place on goal difference.[18] His tenure ended with McGhee being statistically the second least successful Aberdeen manager, only ahead of Alex Miller, with just 17 wins from 62 matches (27.42%). With no one giving him an interview and the footballing world turning their backs on him, McGhee decided to donate his head to medical science. Scientists were able to establish the exact gene that gives off delusion of grandeur. The size of McGhee's naper can confuse many individuals, including the Carnbuckle group, who mistakingly assumed that his large foredome was actually a town and nominated him for worst town in Britain along with Coatbridge. [13][19]

Check the reason given for editing that. :lol:

Is there a chance that if we give them the £25k they want, for what must've been a "gentleman's agreement" (as they didn't have a contract), that we could then fuck Aberdeen over for compo for relieving the old cant's from their "gentleman's agreement" of employment with us, surely we would stand a chance of getting more than £25k???

Auld pricks...

My thoughts exactly...don't really understand this whole situation!

Is it just me or is this quoted figure of 25k from the old boy getting bigger all the time??

I see he's bumping his gums about Derby having agreed a higher fee for Bryson than they're willing to pay for McGuire.

Broon's rationale behind it is that McGuire had had one more cap than Bryson so should be worth more. He seems to have missed the fact that McGuire is out of contract. Yes they may be entitled to a payment but if decided by a tribunal it will be nowhere near the £400K that he wants. So it may be better to take what they can and run.

noticed this!!

he really has no idea obvioulsy

CRAIG BROWN last night admitted he turned down the chance to sign £15million Manchester United new boy Phil Jones for Motherwell.

Jones has passed a medical although the deal has hit a late snag with Blackburn and United arguing over his fee..

And Brown, now Aberdeen manager, was recommended the Blackburn rookie centreback last summer.

But at the time Brown was happy with his central defensive partnership of Stephen Craigan and Mark Reynolds.

The 19-year-old Englishman, who had not played a first-team game at Ewood Park at that point, was offered on loan by former Rovers' boss Sam Allardyce. He also recommended Grant Hanley - now a Scotland cap - and striker Nick Blackman.

Brown decided to take Blackman but felt well enough covered to leave Jones and Hanley at Blackburn.

The Dons boss told Record Sport: "I was in Qatar with big Sam working on the World Cup for Al Jazeera and he told me all about the three of them.

"A year ago they were on the fringe of the first team but we could have had them.

"But I decided to go for Blackman because I felt we were okay at centre half with Craigan and Reynolds. We needed a striker, so we went for Nick.

"It shows how things can change quickly but at the time it was right for Motherwell."

noticed this!!

he really has no idea obvioulsy

CRAIG BROWN last night admitted he turned down the chance to sign £15million Manchester United new boy Phil Jones for Motherwell.

Jones has passed a medical although the deal has hit a late snag with Blackburn and United arguing over his fee..

And Brown, now Aberdeen manager, was recommended the Blackburn rookie centreback last summer.

But at the time Brown was happy with his central defensive partnership of Stephen Craigan and Mark Reynolds.

The 19-year-old Englishman, who had not played a first-team game at Ewood Park at that point, was offered on loan by former Rovers' boss Sam Allardyce. He also recommended Grant Hanley - now a Scotland cap - and striker Nick Blackman.

Brown decided to take Blackman but felt well enough covered to leave Jones and Hanley at Blackburn.

The Dons boss told Record Sport: "I was in Qatar with big Sam working on the World Cup for Al Jazeera and he told me all about the three of them.

"A year ago they were on the fringe of the first team but we could have had them.

"But I decided to go for Blackman because I felt we were okay at centre half with Craigan and Reynolds. We needed a striker, so we went for Nick.

"It shows how things can change quickly but at the time it was right for Motherwell."

I find this hard to believe ! He must have had all three watched, and i don't think Jones has became a £15 million in one season, he clearly must have be showing some real potential at that point ! He's either talking crap or really doesn't have a clue!

To be fair, at the time it was felt we needed a striker, if we had to pay x amount of wages and could only take on one player then it'd be an insane manager who would take on a great defender over a decent striker just because he is better in the position he plays.

Even if he was here and was now valued at £15M it wouldn't do us any good, we'd have had him for half a season, Aberdeen would have had him for half a season and neither of us would profit off his move.

I don't think Brown has done anything wrong taking Blackman over Jones when given the chance.

He's not became a 15 million centre half in one season, he's became the product of a ridiculous league over night, nobody on the continent has came in because he is not a 15 million centre half. Man utd have spunked that on him because they can. They had the best centre half in the world on their books 3 years ago now we're bemoaning turning down a player without a first team start at the start of this season. People on here need to stop and think.

not a suprise at all.

i hadn't seen the thing about jones and hanley before. broon is taking pish, there is no way we'd have got jones on loan, blackburn fans and the media were raving about him after he made a few appearances at the end of 09/10. he lives in an alternative reality.

We can all surely look forward to Broon's pals in the media giving him YET ANOTHER easy ride over this, despite the facts!

For them to win would they not have to effectively admit there was a Contract in place between them and MFC, and in doing so would have meant that they broke this by moving to Aberdeen?

Therefore Aberdeen would have been liable to pay compensation and possibly face action by the SPL.

For them to win would they not have to effectively admit there was a Contract in place between them and MFC, and in doing so would have meant that they broke this by moving to Aberdeen?

Therefore Aberdeen would have been liable to pay compensation and possibly face action by the SPL.

:nod: Maybe they didn't think of that before they started proceedings, silly auld cnts cos it's the first thing we thought of.

• Like 1