Craig Brown

gullane

So we are back to square one, MFC =Good, Brown=Bad. No one knows the true facts of why Brown left, I don't see him telling us anytime soon, and there is no way in Hell Boyle will either. It assumed because Brown left he broke the agreement ( MFC =Good, Brown=Bad ), remember out revered chairman has to say the least a ropey past in business, but lets ignore all that, it suits the agenda better if Brown gets the blame.

I've made no comment on who is "bad" and who is "good" in this as I don't know all the facts. What is in the public domain is way that Brown conducted himself throughout his exit from the club - only the most naive people in the world bought that whole "out of courtesy" thing for example and the fact that he even thought that was plausible says much about the way he views other people. Brown attempted to move to Aberdeen with his "nice guy" image intact - he made a total arse of it and as a result exposed a lot about the way he operates. Life is never as simple as "good" and "bad" - but I'm pretty confident that Brown has been "more bad" than Boyle/MFC since late last year.

So we are back to square one, MFC =Good, Brown=Bad.

I think it should come as a surprise to no one that the views on a Motherwell forum on this matter would equate to "MFC= Good, Brown= Bad". Take a jaunt over to any Aberdeen board and see if they aren't feeling the opposite.

The truth is, Brown & Knox got their big move to Aberdeen because they were operating without a contract. Many people on this board blasted John Boyle for allowing that to happen. They took advantage of the situation, and had every right to do so in a legal sense.

However, such a situation tends to have positive & negative points. Brown & Knox are experiencing one of those negative points now.

If they had wanted to make sure they would get all money they were (apparently) legally owed they would have ensured that it was written into a contract that they would have proceeded to sign.

If they had done that though, would they have got their big move?

The phrase "roll with the punches" springs to mind here.

I would assume that if you were promised a bonus for getting the club to the semi final of the CIS Cup and then left to get a better paid job before said semi final then you really wouldn't come back to the club you quit and ask for the bonus would you?

Well, if any former employer had pissed me off, I'd probably try to screw them for every penny I could, whenever I could :nod:

Brown obviously feels pissed off about something that happened to him at FP, and whatever it was is probably what resulted in his departure. So without knowing what that "something" is, I don't know that I can blame him for trying. For better or for worse, we'd probably never have heard anything about it if JB hadn't turned up on Saturday, either, so up to that point you can't even really accuse CB of pursuing his claim the wrong way. If he really did have any "dignity", he'd certainly have kept his gob shut about it afterwards, though.

All that said, under the circumstances, I'd be as aggrieved as anyone else on here if he actually ends up getting anything.

From their official website and linked to in post #108

Aberdeen and Motherwell

Aberdeen Football Club can confirm that, following constructive discussions between Duncan Fraser and Derek Weir, Motherwell FC Vice Chairman, Motherwell FC have withdrawn their complaint to the SPL in relation to the appointment of Craig Brown and Archie Knox.

Commenting on the resolution Duncan Fraser said "As I stated at the start of the week Aberdeen and Motherwell have always enjoyed an excellent relationship. At no point was the integrity of Craig or Archie questioned by either Club and we believe that we acted accordingly throughout. Both Aberdeen and Motherwell have played significant roles working with others on the challenges facing Scottish football and want to draw a line under the events of the last few days. I am grateful to the Derek Weir and the Motherwell FC Board for working with us to resolve any issues and we as a Club will make no further comment on this matter".

It's inferring that Motherwell had put their hands up and decided not to pursue compensation as their was no contract.

That's all

it doesn't infer that the two old c***s wouldn't personally come back for more, that they thought they were due, from Motherwell

I'll draw your attention to the Aberdeen statement Moe, read it and convey back on here what you think is being inferred.

I would suggest that both clubs wanted to get to football, so they got together and came up with a statement both parties were happy with.

It's inferring that Motherwell had put their hands up and decided not to pursue compensation as their was no contract.

That's all

i always thought it implied that aberdeen chucked us a wee sweetener to withdraw the complaint.

why else would we withdraw, complaining to the spl costs nothing and there was a decent chance of some compo.

i always thought it implied that aberdeen chucked us a wee sweetener to withdraw the complaint.

why else would we withdraw, complaining to the spl costs nothing and there was a decent chance of some compo.

Or, after some thought Boyle decided we had no grounds for complaining

Or, after some thought Boyle decided we had no grounds for complaining

we had definite grounds for complaining.

(i) there is an spl rule that said clubs couldn't approach each other's contracted employees

(ii) as brown is now making he clear he well knows he had a contract under scots law, written or not.

That's the problem with inferences and implications - you can read them any way.

However, in this instance something happened to make the complaint :pleasantry: disappear.

As for the manner of his departure, he used the verbal contract to his advantage by holding talks with Aberdeen without Motherwell's permission - and that is something that Brown himself stated - during which Aberdeen suggested contacting Motherwell to make it official. Brown himself said that he dissuaded them from doing so as the talks were informal.

Now, he wants to use the verbal contract to claim bonuses he feels he is entitled to.

Integrity?

As for the suggestion that he has information that would be of interest to the fans, I'm pretty confident that there are people at Motherwell who could release information to the media that wouldn't paint him in a good light over his departure. :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Conspiracy Theory alert!!! What if.... Some particularly bright spark at Fir Park thought there was more than one way to skin a cat.

From being pretty resolute that MFC had been wronged by Brown and Aberdeen and we would fight to get that redressed, suddenly it put the side as per the statement Ladywell has quoted.

What say Saturday's wee scene was already concocted with a calculated gamble that just the right amount of hysteria would see both parties invited to appear before the SFA to discuss.

And where in December the noises being made suggested that there might not be a case for Aberdeen to answer, Brown has been given enough rope to hang himself in recent days so that when Motherwell are asked to speak we have a number of damning quotes attributed to Brown to perhaps warrant some SFA action, or at the very least tear the innocent reputation to shreds.

All bollocks ofcourse but what if..... :)

Just heard the interview with "Mr Integrity" Brown on Radio Scotland.

When asked "what did John Boyle say to you?" the response was " I don't really know .... Archie heard more than I did"

So Craig didn't know what was said but decided to chase Boyle up the tunnel anyway?

Meanwhile "Radar Ears " Archie despite speaking someone else and with his back to Boyle heard everything.

As ever Craig we believe you :wacko:

We say it all the time, but why is our club not standing up for itself? Time the old twat was put in his place.

Because it's hard to defend our chairman acting like a clown, and it's always just possible that the club really does owe Broon some money, and knows it...?

Hence from a fans point of view we should have never rolled over publicly when we had the high ground after having our management team poached.

need to be realised up by that nobody like being continually on the downtrodden side of every argument

Because it's hard to defend our chairman acting like a clown, and it's always just possible that the club really does owe Broon some money, and knows it...?

Chances are that we do owe Broon money and this would have been part of the gentlemans agreement/verbal contract that existed between Broon and Boyle when he took the job. The fact that Broon claims that no contracted ever existed and therefore he could walk away also means that any other agreement also didn't exist!

The wee fat shite is trying to have his cake and eat it and then have a nibble on ours as well but this will now be his undoing and we can see him for the arrogant wee two faced fecker we know he is.

Davybhoyssmiley.gifDavybhoyssmiley.gifDavybhoyssmiley.gif