Craig Brown

gullane

If I were the Aberdeen chairman I'd be pulling the wee despicable c**t in for a meeting this morning.

They got us to drop our claim for compensation. - (not sure we'd have won it anyway but it saved a bit of bad blood).

They (Brown / Aberdeen) went public on the no contract situation.

He's become involved in this legal claim with Motherwell - which for him is a pittance, whilst his team is in freefall in the league.

Aye - I'd definitely be having a word.

Anybody got his email?

why are the media so scared to rip this old chunt to shreds? He is a nobody within the game.

We say it all the time, but why is our club not standing up for itself? Time the old twat was put in his place.

Totally agree, its time the club got tough and put the boot in, but Brown is a sleekit wee :wank: who manipulates the media with his nice old gentleman routine and they all take it in. The club should tell him if you want your bonus then you accept that you had some form of contract and if so we will be taking the matter to the SFA / SPL and reporting Aberdeen for tapping you up for the Pittodrie job. Deal or no deal

'boyle has made some public statements but i don't want to get involved in that'

this is getting embarassing for the senile auld twat.

It's along the lines of

"I am not making excuses but we had seven players injured"

"it was a terrbile playing surface but I am not mentioning that"

The only thing is, John Boyle is almost universally disliked by the media, Brown has friends in there and knows how to work them - get Paxman to interview him!

Any way, was Brown not the guy who, as Scotland manager, got caught posting forged letters to the press telling them how great Craig Brown was?

And was it him that, when Scotland manger, said the opposition were not faster they only looked faster because they wore white socks?

was he the "we won on corners" guy as well?

If it was, surely he's been sussed by now?

The thing with Aberdeen is where the fuck do they go from here? They are 12 million in debt, have a totally shite squad and a management team that is looking unlikley to fix the mess.

As for Browns media relations - he said he would keep a dignified silence. We since then he has never shut up! I think he is losing it.

The thing with Aberdeen is where the fuck do they go from here? They are 12 million in debt, have a totally shite squad and a management team that is looking unlikley to fix the mess.

Thats what annoyed me most about him leaving. Aberdeen haven't been any good in my lifetime, more or less. They're totally, totally pumped and look like they require a manager who is able to take the whole club and rebuild it from the inside out. Brown isn't that. While he did a pretty good job here, he wasn't going to be around to change the clubs ethos or build for the future.

Two or three signings aren't going to change the club, make the 11 on the park solid isn't going to solve problems off the park. Weird.

On the contract front, I worked for the Royal Bank of Scotland for 20 years an got an annual bonus every April depending on how much profit the bank made. I resigned in the November so am I due 6 months bonus for the time I was there and my contribution to their profits, of course not.

I chose to go early and gave up any rights to my bonus so whats different for Broony. (That of course was in the days when RBS actually made any profits :lol: )

But I hope the still game stand-ins keep it up as they're making biggers tits of themselves as the days go on.

On the contract front, I worked for the Royal Bank of Scotland for 20 years an got an annual bonus every April depending on how much profit the bank made. I resigned in the November so am I due 6 months bonus for the time I was there and my contribution to their profits, of course not.

But you might be had you agreed in advance with your employer that you would still be eligible for some or all of that bonus in the event of your resignation before the end of the year. We have no idea what Broon and Boyle might have agreed verbally, and as others have pointed out, a verbal agreement is (sometimes) still legally binding.

But you might be had you agreed in advance with your employer that you would still be eligible for some or all of that bonus in the event of your resignation before the end of the year. We have no idea what Broon and Boyle might have agreed verbally, and as others have pointed out, a verbal agreement is (sometimes) still legally binding.

Yes but how do you prove it?. It is Brown/Knox word against Boyle/Weir/ Dempster.

If it is though Brown is saying the verbal agreement to be the manager isn't binding but the verbal agreement for the bonus money is?

You couldn't make it up!

A wise man would have informed his new employer that he felt he was due money which he would lose out on by switching jobs early. If the new employer really wanted him then that extra money would be a condition of moving.

Why are a fair number of Well fans suggesting that Motherwell didn't have this done secured with belt and braces?

Yes but how do you prove it?. It is Brown/Knox word against Boyle/Weir/ Dempster.

Actually it's Browns word against Brown!!

He has publicly stated (many times) that he didnt have a contract/agreement and could walk away at any time but he also states that he is due bonus money under his contract/agreement!!

Wish the old fecker would make his mind up whistling.gif

And why would any employer agree to pay a bonus (which they were under no legal obligation to do so)to someone who was leaving anyway.

A verbal agreement is only legally binding if there is an impartial 3rd party who can verify what was said and agreed, so unless Broony has someone to verify his claim to a bonus (and Knox isn't impartial) then he would find it hard to prove at any tribunal.

Admittedly the same criteria applies to Boyle to prove he didn't agree to pay a bonus.

It's a mess which could drag on for ages yet so why don't Aberdeen agree to pay us compensation of 8k for pinchin Broony then tell them just to put it in a brown envelope and give it to him at training honours even :thumbup:

As for Browns media relations - he said he would keep a dignified silence. We since then he has never shut up! I think he is losing it.

So taking a team that couldn't buy a win,bottom of the league to within a shout of a top 6 place isn't fixing the mess?

Think we're letting this obsession for the man distract us from the facts a little, no?

So taking a team that couldn't buy a win,bottom of the league to within a shout of a top 6 place isn't fixing the mess?

Think we're letting this obsession for the man distract us from the facts a little, no?

Erm not quite............

The truth is somewhere in between. You can hardly state that he has taken Aberdeen anywhere other than a modest upward trend. Which is not difficult if you are losing every game.

The actual facts are that Aberdeen may well finish 2nd bottom of the SPL. Where were they when Brown took over?

Could not care less about the old guy, but this magical rebirth is a million miles away from happening.

The actual facts are that Aberdeen may well finish 2nd bottom of the SPL. Where were they when Brown took over?

I think they were second bottom (equal on points with Accies). So not much change there, except they are safe from relegation now.

So job done, but as with us, short-termism rather than squad rebuilding. If Aberdeen are smart, they will do what we should have done at the end of last season and get shot of him.

Erm not quite............

What happens between now and the end of the season is irrelevant, as their season is finished. He was put in there to save them from relegation and he nearly got them into the top 6. A considerable turn-around.

And this is without a summer to rebuild what is a pretty poor squad.

What happens between now and the end of the season is irrelevant, as their season is finished. He was put in there to save them from relegation and he nearly got them into the top 6. A considerable turn-around.

And this is without a summer to rebuild what is a pretty poor squad.

Fair point but most teams often get a little lift when a new management team joins and Aberdeen have enjoyed that bounce but it's only the fact that Accies have been so feckin awful this season that prevents the sheep from being right amongst the relegation candidates now.