The Gaffer...

Davie boy

I think we are moving in the right direction, with some excellent results and some poor results, but overall we must be satisfied with what he has produced so far.

The mccall out thread after only a few games was frankly embarrassing. I dont think anybody on here would care to be judged on their performance after only 5 weeks in a job. Lets just wait and see where we are at the end of the season.

I want to see some consistency at the club; we have had 3 managers in under 2 years which is not a good record.

To be honest I think this thread is pretty stupid. Those of us against his appointment were told to give him till the end of the season, which was a fair assessment. Now those who wanted him to succeed are coming on early on the back of two results.

Behave yourselves.

• Like 1

i have to say i always thought he was a good appointment.ind ive always liked his style,a bit unique.he seems to have time for the fans,and although some results have been shit,some have been great.good signings and a right goodchance ae lifting the scottish in twenty year :drinks: on yersel stu :cheers:

I have to say that I for one was certainly underwhelmed by McCall's appointment, this being mainly due to his poor track record(and if I'm honest his tenure at Castle Greyskull!), however since taking over I have been impressed by his attacking mentality and his ability to gel the team. Compare the team's style of play in recent weeks with the mind numbing dross we were served up at the end of Brown's reign and I'll take that any day. Noone can deny that inconsistency has always been a problem at Fir Park, and this in the main has been down to a small squad size and not solely the manager's shortcomings. With potentially a top six finish, 2 semis and who knows what else, I'd say that Fir Park could be the place that McCall builds his reputation. And with some of the loyalty he showed at Valley Parade, this MIGHT be the start of something special..... or not.

Castle Greyskull is a term used by many fans (mainly Celtic fans) as a name for Ibrox. However if you are upto date on your He-Man knowledge you would know that Castle Greyskull is where the heroes live & where Adam gets his power from. (No idea where Skelator lives). So unless your implying that Rangers are heroes maybe you shouldnt be saying they come from Castle Greyskull. Im just saying :whistling:

Don't you just love totally irrelevant posts :D

Castle Greyskull is a term used by many fans (mainly Celtic fans) as a name for Ibrox. However if you are upto date on your He-Man knowledge you would know that Castle Greyskull is where the heroes live & where Adam gets his power from. (No idea where Skelator lives). So unless your implying that Rangers are heroes maybe you shouldnt be saying they come from Castle Greyskull. Im just saying :whistling:

Don't you just love totally irrelevant posts :D

Everyone knows Skelator lives on the Gold Coast :nod:

• Like 1

To be honest I think this thread is pretty stupid. Those of us against his appointment were told to give him till the end of the season, which was a fair assessment. Now those who wanted him to succeed are coming on early on the back of two results.

Behave yourselves.

To be honest the thread only asks for opinions on him so far, to my recollection the threads against him you speak of were calling for his head. Bit of a difference.

• Like 4

Behave yourselves.

You behave yourself ya miserable git. I bet you love it when we get beat.

Does this mean you wanted him (and Motherwell F.C.) to fail so that you could be proven right?

Of course not dont be daft, I was half pissed when I wrote that and never phrased it properly.

It just seems that those who were pro the McCall appointment are using the last two feel good victories as justification. I think that's just as stupid as the McCall must go thread after the defeats at Inverness and Kilmarnock.

I've said it before, and I shouldn't have to go on repeating it, but I dearly hope McCall proves me wrong. At the moment I'm not convinced he will.

I wasnt to sure at first when he came in didnt know what to expect. But in recent weeks he has got the players fighting for each other and they results have proven this. I thnk the things he is doing in training are starting to come across and the players understand what he wants and expects. The summer will be interesting as stuart has said the squad isnt the biggest so i think he will be looking to add some depth to it but so far so good :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...