Hi From A New Member & A New 'well Fan

EightSixteen

Alright lads, i'm obviously new to the forum and a new supporter of MFC so let me introduce myself. Apologies the Mods & Admin if I'm posting this in the wrong section.

My name's Rob, I'm 24 and I'm from Motherwell.

For aslong as I can remember my old boy has never followed football, I certainly wasn't brought up as a football fan, I had never been lifted over any turnstyles and at 24 I've decided that i've been missing out and it's time to get involved.

Over the last 6 months I've started paying attention to the SPL with the intent on picking a club I want to support and follow. I can play football (badly) so the real learning curve was going to be learning who is who and remembering their names.

Just to make it clear, from the word 'go' I wrote off both OF teams due to the amount of bigoted supporters on both sides that rant week in week out on my Facebook.

I started with reading up club historys, followed league results and any commotions in the papers but also kept an eye on the fan opinion by browsing a few supporters forums. By December I still hadn't fully made any decisions about a team as of yet, nor did I have any plans to do so half way through the season. December was a turning point for me however -Craig Brown showing his true colours in December was a disaster. We had been badly let down and we had every right to be angry over the deceit... this was when I realised I was a Motherwell Fan!

So from then on in I've only been following Motherwell and I've seen some great results from Stuart McCall and the players. I was chuffed to bits with the results recently, especially last week and the fact we're now in the Semi's against The Saints.

Anyways, just thought I'd share my story as to why I decided to start following football this late on and why I chose The 'Well as my team!

• Like 5

Just out of interest, coming from Motherwell, what other teams were in the picture?

All of them tbh mate.

I suppose the main contenders were Aberdeen, Hamilton, Hearts & Hibs -not in any particular order. It didn't matter which ground was closer, push come to shove, I could follow through TV/Radio and make the occasional game. Due to my shifts that might actually be the case for me anyway.

All new fans are very welcome!

I waited years to experience my first cup final and with a bit of luck you might get a chance to see it sooner than most!

Enjoy the ride!

Welcome aboard! New fans are always more than welcome at Fir Park, certainly well needed.

Cheers lads!

Edited by EightSixteen
  • Like 1

Welcome aboard the Motherwell rollercoaster and to the forums.

Cheers mate!

Picking a team when I live in the same town seems like a square peg into a square hole. However you are now a associate dosser.

Have you got 5,000 mates with a spare £300 every July?

Haha, my 5000 mates all happen to be Hibees or Tims I'm afraid mate so I doubt we'll be seeing many of them at Fir Park, least not regularly.

I know where your coming from mate but I wasn't born and bred in Motherwell. If made the decision based on just living in the same town I wouldn't have the same passion or pride as you guys (and I never would do) since I based my decision on location alone. I wanted my decision to be more than that but either way, it's the same outcome. I do see where your coming from though.

Well here's another new poster to add to the mix. Only difference is i,ve supported Motherwell since I was 3(50 years ago)

Always just liked browsing forums but thought it was time to start making some contributions on here.

Hi mate!

Well here's another new poster to add to the mix. Only difference is i,ve supported Motherwell since I was 3(50 years ago)

Always just liked browsing forums but thought it was time to start making some contributions on here.

Well hello there! Thank christ there's someone older than me on here :cheers: Oops forgot about Pie :whistling:

Alright lads, i'm obviously new to the forum and a new supporter of MFC so let me introduce myself. Apologies the Mods & Admin if I'm posting this in the wrong section.

My name's Rob, I'm 24 and I'm from Motherwell.

For aslong as I can remember my old boy has never followed football, I certainly wasn't brought up as a football fan, I had never been lifted over any turnstyles and at 24 I've decided that i've been missing out and it's time to get involved.

Over the last 6 months I've started paying attention to the SPL with the intent on picking a club I want to support and follow. I can play football (badly) so the real learning curve was going to be learning who is who and remembering their names.

Just to make it clear, from the word 'go' I wrote off both OF teams due to the amount of bigoted supporters on both sides that rant week in week out on my Facebook.

I started with reading up club historys, followed league results and any commotions in the papers but also kept an eye on the fan opinion by browsing a few supporters forums. By December I still hadn't fully made any decisions about a team as of yet, nor did I have any plans to do so half way through the season. December was a turning point for me however -Craig Brown showing his true colours in December was a disaster. We had been badly let down and we had every right to be angry over the deceit... this was when I realised I was a Motherwell Fan!

So from then on in I've only been following Motherwell and I've seen some great results from Stuart McCall and the players. I was chuffed to bits with the results recently, especially last week and the fact we're now in the Semi's against The Saints.

Anyways, just thought I'd share my story as to why I decided to start following football this late on and why I chose The 'Well as my team!

Welcome aboard mate.I'm quite new to the forum.

There simply isn't a club like it.

I had a soft spot for the well when i was back home in wales. I met a motherwell lass when i come up for a game and now iv been here 8 years.

I wouldn't swap this club for the world.

Once you start to come to games Mfc will get a unexplainable hold over you.

I can guarantee you if we lift the cup i will end up greeting like a girl. Before you know it you will be as passionate and loyal as the rest of us.

It truly is a unique club that i am extremely proud to support.

Well here's another new poster to add to the mix. Only difference is i've supported Motherwell since I was 3(50 years ago)

welcome to the forum pal

• Like 1