Hi From A New Member & A New 'well Fan

EightSixteen

Welcome aboard shipmate, strap yourself in as you're in for a hell of a ride!!!

Welcome aboard.

Cheers lads

Welcome aboard mate....Before you know it you will be as passionate and loyal as the rest of us.

It truly is a unique club that i am extremely proud to support.

Cheers mate, I'm looking forward to it!

I smell shite :whistling:

An interesting revelation from you mate but perhaps not the best place to share your hygiene issues.

I'm not one to ignore a problem though so grab a quick shower, use soap, you'll come out relatively fresh...

Continue that practice atleast once a day & you'll not smell shite much longer!

Any further concerns then I'd seek advice from your GP.

Welcome new guys!

hiya Pal!

good on ye man,:notworthy:

Cheers lads!

Took you 24 years? What have you been doing, chasing boys?

Not quite, used to run a Scottish car forum & arrange the Scottish car shows for the members -grew out of it last year though and handed the reigns over the the younger generation. Scrapping that has freed up a lot of time for me. Used to race back in the day up at Crail 1/4 drag strip so in a manner of speaking I used to chase faster cars but definetly not boys. :D

-----

Thanks again for all the welcome messages!

Looking forward to getting involved with the board

Edited by EightSixteen

You are more than welcome mate enjoy the journey.

Welcome aboard!

Cheers guys!

Good choice mate, welcome to the forum. You been to any games yet?

Thanks mate and no I've not made any games as of yet but I want to make 1 or 2 before the season ends.

Me and my cousin are going to get time off work for the game on the 16th but then I'll be going to most games myself which will be daunting at first. I'll hopefully get to know the folk standing/sitting around me at FP pretty quickly though so I've got folk to banter with through the games. Thats what I'm hoping for anyway!

if you haven't, tomorrow night would be an excellent place to start :popcorn:

Wish I could Gaag but I don't finish til 8pm Wed-Fri and they had no holiday availability. :( Might see if I can take my lunch hour at the end of my shift though.

NOOB QUESTION: When you pay at the gate for a game do you get allocated a seat or can you just sit wherever you want??

I don't want to be nicking somone's seat that been sitting in the same place for 20 years!

Edited by EightSixteen

Sit anywhere you like mate, apart from in the season ticket holders sections :thumbup:

Which is anywhere in the home supports three stands

No guarantee you will not be in someones seat 816 due to the fact that there are season tickets issued for every section that has wellfans in it but look at it this way , Motherwell fans have around 10,000 seats to choose from and only around 4,000 season tickets so plenty space for you and your 5000 friends :nod:

East Stand: (converted terracing shed and cheapest)

Plenty spaces in the first two sections as you enter the stand from the turnstyles still a chance you may get asked to move but chances are it'll only be along a seat or two

middle three sections (M,F,C) are the most populated with the one on the halfway line been the busiest chances are you will have to move maybe even a few times as punters come in

Last two sections after those three are quite popular these days, up towards the opposition end and many will argue over these being the sections with the best atmosphere, not sure how many will have season tickets in them but like everywhere unless you encounter an arsehole it shouldn't be too much hastle to shift along a wee bit

• Like 1

Which is anywhere in the home supports three stands

No guarantee you will not be in someones seat 816 due to the fact that there are season tickets issued for every section that has wellfans in it but look at it this way , Motherwell fans have around 10,000 seats to choose from and only around 4,000 season tickets so plenty space for you and your 5000 friends :nod:

East Stand: (converted terracing shed and cheapest)

Plenty spaces in the first two sections as you enter the stand from the turnstyles still a chance you may get asked to move but chances are it'll only be along a seat or two

middle three sections (M,F,C) are the most populated with the one on the halfway line been the busiest chances are you will have to move maybe even a few times as punters come in

Last two sections after those three are quite popular these days, up towards the opposition end and many will argue over these being the sections with the best atmosphere, not sure how many will have season tickets in them but like everywhere unless you encounter an arsehole it shouldn't be too much hastle to shift along a wee bit

Cheers for that Brazilian, that really clears things up for me.

I think I'll aim for the middle three sections of the East Stand. I don't mind getting moved on if I'm in someone's seat, even if it's a couple of times. As long as I'm in the thick of a busy section and I've got a bit of banter around me. Cheers mate!

Well I'm standing in the second last section of The East Stand, really enjoying the game so far for obvious reasons and I've also learned a chant about Goodwullie 'going to jail!'

Good times so far.

Also managed to wangle some holidays for the 16th today at work whilst getting away an hour early tonight -so booked my semi final tickets tonight aswell. Pretty happy with my night so far.

Thanks again to everyone for all the welcome comments I've received so far in this thread, it's appreciated.

Next time your at a game mate, come into Jack Daniels before it for a pint, you'll get a good bit of banter in there.

Hope you enjoyed your first experience of the mighty 'well.

I had thought about jumping into Jack Daniels beforehand for a jar as I was walking past it, decided to pass on the pint and queue for my ticket from Hampden instead though -probably one of my better decisions of the day tbh. It was a great first game -glad I got the time off work for it, I enjoyed every moment!

what's 816?

It's nothing significant Jam, there's a few reasons for it...

Start of the 8x table?

...and one might be related to the 8x table! :whistling:

good choice.

:nod:

Definetly, obviously with Wednesday being my first game I've no experience of the other stands but the atmosphere was bloody amazing so it's where I'll be staying for now.:cheers:

Isn't it great to realize you are a Motherwell fan :yahoo:.

Haha! You're not kidding mate but at the time it was severely overshadowed by Craig Broon shafting us and me spending most of the day calling him every name under the sun! :rolleyes:

Oft, I bet your a roaster who posts on the lonely hearts page in the Wishaw press aren't you? And you have switched sides as the Accies are about to go down. Shame.

Just pulling yer leg of course. Welcome to the football world, the more fans the better for the Scottish game. :thumbup: