The Fir Park Social Club

SuperCC

(foghorn @ Feb 3 2009, 08:12 PM) I am a member of the FPC and have been for over 30 years. I enjoy the company of many other 'Well fans before and after matches and have invited friends who are fans of Hibs,Hearts, Rangers,Celtic, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock and other clubs to join me as a guest. Every one of them have commented to me on the hospitality and friendship received in the club and not one has a bad word to say about it. Yes the lager and service in the Cooper are superior and for that reason I have used it pre and post match on many occasions. The FPC "owe" Motherwell FC nothing and I was ashamed at the way they were treated when asked to vacate the main stand premises which they had used and as a consequence financially contributed weekly to the Football Club. Renewing my membership recently cost me 8 quid for myself and my wife, and I am sure the club could do with much more membership income to help them keep their head above water but have resisted the chance to increase annual dues. Just like any other pub or club there are people you would not choose to have in your company but it is still a free country. Pick the pub or club that suits your needs at the time, and lay off people who run a social club which supported MFC from 1966 until they were"asked" to leave.

Spot on sir.Excellent and FACTUAL post. And its a really easy choice!! Use it or dont!!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree entirely with your point Foghorn about using the FPC or not but there is a perception that it is a Rangers place.

I can go back a long time as well to when there was still a crossroads at Flemington ( where I hear the younsters asking ) and a well known Rangers haunt called the Flemington Bar.

When Flemington cross was removed to make way for the roundabout that now occupies the site the Rangers fans moved en masse to the Fir Park Club as it was the nearest drinking place at the time ( I don't think the Bullfrog was there then )

That is a FACT as I know several Rangers fans who used to work with me who made the changeover and openly admitted that it was a good move as the drink was cheaper because it was a club. That is where the Rangers tie up comes from I think and yes I know that on a Saturday or when the Dossers are playing at Fir Park the FPC has lots of Well fans in before and after the game outwith those times I think you will find that there are lots of otherwise inclined football fans in there.

But as you said if you don't like it don't go in.

And if they'd all met up at JD's instead, would that make it a Rangers bar?

They didn't just "meet up" there as is outside the place,they were clearly customers! .I don't know if it is a rankgers pub or not but if the owners allow the marchers to use and leave from the place then they will get tarred with the same brush!! :whistling:

They didn't just "meet up" there as is outside the place,they were clearly customers! .I don't know if it is a rankgers pub or not but if the owners allow the marchers to use and leave from the place then they will get tarred with the same brush!! :(

Utter tosh! Tarred with what brush? Bearing in mind there is zero requirement to follow Rangers to join the loyal orders, the trustees are running a business. The loyal orders (I'd wager some are patrons of the club too) have as much right to make reservations for functions and in this case meals before the return parade as any other group/organisation. I'm quite sure if the same booking was taken to use the facilities within Fir Park itself, the hospitality department at the club would rush to fulfill any such bookings or would that still rankle with the non believers...

3 pages of piss and counting