Hearts Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

steelboy

as far as i can tell the mighty well have never won three games in row at tynecastle.

saturday is a chance to make history. we've raped the jambos on our last two trips to their midden and the atmosphere the well fans have created has been a huge part of that. both games in 2010 we outsang their 3 stands and took all 6 points, if we can get a similar support again on saturday we will dominate.

it is within us to intimidate hearts in their own ground.

let's do it this saturday!

Was talking to a hibs fan about our common hatred of hearts yesterday. They are not a good team, but they are capable of grinding out results.

I didn't see much difference in the team that beat us at fir park, and the team we tore apart at tynecastle, just some confidence and luck. If will be a tough game, with plenty route one football. I don't care about Saturday, I just hope the players cone through unscathed!

I figured this may as well be the Hearts game discussion thread. So, heading into the match on Saturday the updated top six competition list looks something like this;

Inverness

Celtic (home)

Kilmarnock (away)

Hearts (home)

St Johnstone

Rangers (home) loss

Dundee United (away)

Celtic (home)

Hibernian

Hearts (home) Draw

Celtic (away) loss

Aberdeen (away)

Accies (home)

St Johnstone & Hibs are now officially out of the running, leaving us and Inverness competing for top six football.

Has there been any update on when Inverness are playing Celtic? If they lose to Killie on Saturday then it's all over for them anyway regardless of how we do against Hearts, but if we can win at Tynecastle we'll cement our top six placing, although even if we don't get anything from the game it'll leave Inverness needing a win against both Killie & Hearts, and a draw against Celtic to draw level on points with us, which although is mathematically possible, has to be considered very fucking doubtful.

The big question is, do we go for it against Hearts on Saturday? Or rest some players with the semi-final coming up?

If it were up to me I'd be resting a few of last night's team, guys like Hump and Las who are carrying injuries. I'd hate for anyone to aggrivate an injury ahead of the Semi Final, especially when we've all but guaranteed our Top Six place. So with that in mind this would be my team for Saturday, in a 4-1-4-1 formation:

Randolph

Saunders

Craigan

Hutchinson

Ross

Page

McHugh

Hateley

Forbes

Jones

Murphy

I'd have guys like Sutty, Hump and Las on the bench just in case, but if we can get away with not using them then great. I'd be delighted with a draw, and ICT not winning too of course!

Mon the Well!!

Maybe reading between the lines, but into today's Herald McCall is quotes as saying:

“Those selected for Saturday will be determined to put a performance in to be involved at Hampden the week after. It is a win-win in that respect.”

which sounds to me like he will resting a few players.

I'm not really a fam of resting players, always believe you play your strongest 11 and play to win however this is a tough decision this week. Lasley has cracked ribs and given he had just played 2 games against Houston's Hackers then playing him against a physical Hearts side might be too much of a risk. I'd say that if Jennings was available then it would be a no brainer to leave Lasley out but it will be tough to have a midfield without Lasley and Jennings and expect not to be overrun. Might be worth sticking Page in there? Is he mobile enough for the role?

I'd expect Jones to get a starting berth.

Difficult decisions for McCall to make because a win against Hearts could still give us an outside chance of 4th in the League and another (possible) route into Europe (and the extra cash for 4th or 5th) but resting some of the squad makes sense but then leaves us open to a defeat by the Jambo's and if we also lost the semi - then our season is over!! (top 6 finish still a major achievement though).

I'm all for playing the strongest squad possible in both matches and hope the full weeks rest inbetween is all they need to recover.

Let's just have trust in McGhee, Gannon, Broon, McCall or whoever it is now as my memory's shite laugh1.gif

According to the Sun and Hearts web site, next month marks the 125th anniversary of Tyncastle.

There will be a large number of Hearts legends at the Motherwell game.

Sounds to me that it's an ideal time to stuff them.

:cheers::thumbup:

After weeks of self imposed exile and being quite content with the coverage, reports and the results, this is one that I'm gonna feel i'm missing out on. Sadly work means I can't change that.

Team has been delivering above and beyond in terms of effort and results, can't be much left in the tank, I hope they can find enough to stem what is quite an attacking Jambos side, Zaluska, Elliot and Skacel with the recent return of Driver means our defence will have to be solid and whoever makes up the midfield will have to try and stop the supply from the wings

Or

we could just try and outscore them, which could lead to a classic :popcorn:

Either way if I'm having a quiet shift I'll be listening in on the Killie match as much as I am ours

This will be my first and probably only away league game of the season ,be a hard match but a think we might just do it, 1-2 victory and a top six finish. :cheers:

taking advantage of the new train line?

mind these away games are not all about sitting supping beer and dodging bubbles from the fountain

although........ :whistling: