Hearts Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

steelboy

Hearts season is all but finished.

Tough decision for McCall but we could really do with resting our key men. Hampden is not a nice place to go to with tired legs. I think we could manage a point with a few of the fringe players in the team.

Hillarious! :lol:

Whats so funny JT, do you think that Hearts at the moment are that good that Motherwell would be unable to even get a point.

Of course we will have an under strength team but I'm led to believe that Hearts won't be at full strength either. Difference in squad size is massive mind you, we as we will play 19 yr old Scottish players Hearts will delve into the pool of over paid furriners.

Plus please remember this is a Motherwell Topic on a Motherwell forum so of a Motherwell fan wants to have a Motherwell biased point of view it's generally allowed. You seem like a decent enough spud for a Jambo don't lower yourself to your P&B or KB counterparts!!!!

Whats so funny JT, do you think that Hearts at the moment are that good that Motherwell would be unable to even get a point.

Of course we will have an under strength team but I'm led to believe that Hearts won't be at full strength either. Difference in squad size is massive mind you, we as we will play 19 yr old Scottish players Hearts will delve into the pool of over paid furriners.

Plus please remember this is a Motherwell Topic on a Motherwell forum so of a Motherwell fan wants to have a Motherwell biased point of view it's generally allowed. You seem like a decent enough spud for a Jambo don't lower yourself to your P&B or KB counterparts!!!!

Haha, I'm all about the banter my friend.

In all seriousness, even if both sides were to play everyone available I think (if Motherwell had the smarts) they would give the ball to Hump-ti-dump every time as we dont have a left-back as Wallace is injured (yet again) which is what you did the last time you came to Tynie.

But I think McCall should deffinately play some fringe players to save for the Hampden job but even then it doesn't matter who has the stronger side out, 11 v 11 at the end of the day and anything can happen.

As for future comments, please take them with a pinch of salt.

F*** the Munterwell! :lol:

• Like 1

Let's fucking scud the arrogant bassas. Nothing satisfies more than seeing jim jefferies' torn-faced coupon after his team are gubbed by 5 "breakaways"

The amount of times teams have played each other throughout the history of the SPL

Hearts wins = 21Motherwell wins = 15Draws = 7

And thats for the SPL only

Speaks volumes

OWNED!

The amount of times teams have played each other throughout the history of the SPL

Speaks volumes

OWNED!

Look children, this is what drugs can do to you.

Speaks volumes

OWNED!

That's actually a lot closer than I thought. So we have gained points more times than we haven't (and it is gained as the resources of both clubs makes it gained for us, and dropped for Hearts).... Not really owned - in fact it is not owned at all.

I'm sure Tynecastle ONLY makes for a lot worse reading from our point of view.

Speaks volumes

OWNED!

Doesn't change the fact that nothing satisfies more than seeing jim jefferies' torn-faced coupon after his team are gubbed by 5 "breakaways"

and back to the football

I'm working on Saturday so I'll be trying to follow the game on the radio, hearts have well and truly gone off the boil but are still a danger, however as long as the Well have been able to recharge their batteries it's going to be some game, the best training anyone can have is play the game and what the Well have been doing so they should be on form.

3-0 Well :)

Some really difficult decisions for the manger tomorrow. It would be ideal if Jennings was back to give him a game before the Semi Final but he is not so I don't think Lasley (my player of the season so far) can be rested unfortunately. Hopefully Jeffers is back (McHugh might play instead), would rest Sutton and the rest play. The young lads can recover in a week.

What we don't want is a doing to knock confidence. I'm going for an almost full strength squad with a 1-1 draw.

On the point of the head to head stats. 21-15. For a team the size of Hearts thats an embarrasment.

Fcuk the Jambo's, whilst I love nothing more that going to Swinecastle and beatin the hoors, poof s n junkies there is no way ICT are going to pick up 9 points from the 3 games they have left.

What we should do is wrap our match winners up in cotton wool for the Semi.

I would rest the following.

Randolph Hutch Lasley Humphrey and Sutton.

So I would go with.

Hollis

Craigen

Ross get him fit he looks like he can do something for us.

Charalambous lets see what he can do.

Page as above.

Hammel for 45.

Saunders would like to see him use his speed without have to defend.

Jones fight for a semi place.

Jeffers gie him a half for a run out tae keep match sharp.

Forbes prove yeve got it son.

Casagolda lets see what he can do if he isnae thrown oan for the last 10 mins.

Bench

Randolph

Quinn

Las

Meechan

McHugh

Don't care if we get beat but a point would be great and hope ICT beat Killie keeping Killie close and making Cetic have to play them before the 1st game of the split.

That would means the manky mob would play St Midden on the 9th, St Johnny on the 12th, The Sheep in the cup on the 17th, Killie on the 20th and still have to squeeze in ITC before the 23rd. (Based on the dates on the SPL website) Hopefully that means the Sheep have a better chance against them and we can have the pleasure of humpin wee Broon in the final gien Boyle a chance for another whisper in the auld currants ear.

Mon the dossers.

• Like 1

Really good stats for a team thats been oot the SPL on occasions in the last 20 years.

pardon?

the spl stats actually makes suprising reading, i thought hearts would have held a bigger advantage. when you consider their crowds are 4 times ours and they've ran up 30 million of debt during that period it shows how badly they've been ran.

here's a question for the jambo. how many 6-0 wins in that period?

here's another wee fact as well. in the same period the cup record is motherwell 3 wins, 1 draw, hearts 0 wins. :thumbup:

pardon?

the spl stats actually makes suprising reading, i thought hearts would have held a bigger advantage. when you consider their crowds are 4 times ours and they've ran up 30 million of debt during that period it shows how badly they've been ran.

here's a question for the jambo. how many 6-0 wins in that period?

here's another wee fact as well. in the same period the cup record is motherwell 3 wins, 1 draw, hearts 0 wins. :thumbup:

I only gave the stats for the period of the SPL so it didn't look too bad on your mob! :thumbup:

Anyhow, what about our 7-1 demolition of Dunfermline? Enlighten me, how many 6-0 wins do you have in that period? Cup games against Inverurie are not included.

And how many cup trophies in the past 20 years? How many top 3 places in the last 20 years? Ever been to the UEFA Cup Quarters?

Didn't think so....

So aye, you take it easy.

Anyways, enjoy the game tomorrow folks.

I only gave the stats for the period of the SPL so it didn't look too bad on your mob! :thumbup:

Anyhow, what about our 7-1 demolition of Dunfermline? Enlighten me, how many 6-0 wins do you have in that period? Cup games against Inverurie are not included.

And how many cup trophies in the past 20 years? How many top 3 places in the last 20 years? Ever been to the UEFA Cup Quarters?

Didn't think so....

So aye, you take it easy.

Anyways, enjoy the game tomorrow folks.

Inverurie was a 3-0 victory. Seem to recall us having two 6-goal wins in the same season, a whipping of of Livingston and another demolition of a team from the East.

And considering our size and budget compared to the Bank of Lithuania, think we've done considerably better than your under achievers.

We've split the gruesome twosome twice in that period, not bad for a wee team from a 35,000 town opposed to the capital city bankrolled as discussed above by 'Diet Abramovich'. If you lot over performed to the same degree in that period you'd have 2 or 3 SPL titles.

Is it only our forum you come onto to spread your wisdom or do the fans of Killie, St Mirren and Dundee Utd get the same pleasure?

According to the BBC they have quite a few out, however they do have a bigger squad. If Humphrey continues in the same vein We could cause them many problems.