Hearts Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

steelboy

am i the only one that's indifferent towards Hearts fans?

No you're not, I've never bought into this bitterness toward them that some of our fans like to wallow in either. I enjoy beating them as they are a bigger club than us but no more so than I enjoy beating Aberdeen, Dundee Utd or Hibs. If anything I dislike their Edinburgh rivals more than them as Hibs travelling support seem to cause more bother than anyone else, outwith Celtic or Rangers, when they come to Motherwell.

I know someone will probably come on and remind us how the 'Fuck Hearts Wankers' fans used to massacre innocent Saturday afternoon shoppers in Motherwell town centre sooner or later but, hey ho...I've never had any grief of Hearts fans. :)

Fact do you know what? this 'FHW' nonsense on this board over the years has almost seen me develop a wee soft spot for them. ;)

But in all seriousness, back to today's game and hopefully we can take something from this as we haven't secured a top six place quite yet but Tynecastle is never an easy place and we'll do well to come away with a point against what is a good Hearts team.

I know someone will probably come on and remind us how the 'Fuck Hearts Wankers' fans used to massacre innocent Saturday afternoon shoppers in Motherwell town centre sooner or later but, hey ho...I've never had any grief of Hearts fans. :)

You were on your PC composing your latest warning of impending doom for the team when that happened.

Was right up for going to this the day, it's a joke that we're paying £6 more for the same seats as the Jambo fans.

Surely thats not allowed under SPL rules? I was always under the impression that clubs could charge away fans more only if the facilities were of a higher standard? In this case I don't think they are.

An interesting stat from our official site...

Motherwell have played 45 matches this campaign – eleven less than Hearts – and have used just 25 players in the course of the season, which is joint-fewest in the entirety of the SPL. It makes ‘Well’s achievements this season all the more remarkable.

11 games *more* than Hearts, surely?

To quote from the manager's email this week:

Of course, we have Hearts on Saturday and, like each of the last four games, it becomes massive for us. We don’t want to rely on other teams to do the business on our behalf, I want Motherwell to go and seal our own fait which is why everyone was in today, preparing again, and we’ll give it everything we have. On the flip side, Motherwell have now played 45 competitive games this season, just one less than Rangers and four more than Celtic.

We have used a total of 25 players, the joint lowest in the league, and we face a side in Hearts who have played a massive eleven games less with more players. With that in mind, I have calls to make as I don’t want to burn players out, players who are already bursting their backsides, many through the pain/injury barrier.

TBH, I think I'd prefer it is SMC played a couple of the fringe players today and maybe used the subs later in the game to rest another couple of regulars. Sure we want to make the top six but if ITC win all their games then I'd say fair play to them and lets use the last 5 games blooding some of the youngsters for next season.