Hearts Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

steelboy

well done to the guys. with stuart changing the squad which was a big gamble and it took balls to change the team knowing what could happen we can all now go and enjoy hampden next week mon the well and a plea to fans who havent got tickets go get them we want a big party at hampden next saturday :cheers:

Well down to everyone and especially McCall - didn't expect a top 6 finish this year (even when Broon was in charge

+1 from me. I didn't have high hopes for Broon this season and was predicting 7th place. When McCall took over such a thin squad, I would have been satisfied with 7th before he had his chance to rebuild over the summer.

Hearts season is all but finished.

Tough decision for McCall but we could really do with resting our key men. Hampden is not a nice place to go to with tired legs. I think we could manage a point with a few of the fringe players in the team.

Hillarious! :lol:

Still find it hilarious?

• Like 2

Excellent result without some important players.

Hopefully finishing in the Top Six will see McCall get a little extra money during the close season, even if it is only a players wage.

By the way that's only 3 defeats in McCall's last 11 games, P11 W6 D2 L3

Great point today and a great effort from management and team this season.

There has been a stench of apathy and discontmentment hanging around the place nearly all season. Lots of reasons for that outwith the control of manager and players, cost of fitba, expected crap league reconstruction amongst it.

However come the end of the season we've earned our place in the top half and at worst made both cup semifinals which quite frankly is a fantastic effort all round.

Top marks to Stuart McCall as well, taking over in difficult circumstances and despite some shaky performances early on has got us back on course and done everything anyone could ask of him. As much as drifting away to bottom half and going out of the cup before now would have been no guarantee of a poor manager this is no guarantee of a long term success but I quite confident that if he given adequate resources he can go on and do a good job for us. Certainly seems to want his teams to play some decent football, just hope we can cap this season off by going all the way to the final and then who knows....

• Like 1