Motherwell Vs St Johnstone

Yoshi-1991

Now I know we still have a game to play before, but I cant help but feel its the build up already. Its what all "Well" fans are talking about so I thought it was about time for an offical topic.... So here it is. Whats everyones hopes, predictions, premonitions, stats, pre-match and post match plans?

personaly I think we should win this one comforably, however, this is Motherwell, so a 5 nil humping is never off the cards. If it were me, I would rest the big players, humph, Murphy, Sutton, Lasley this weekend and give them a decent rest for next week.

I will be traveling into the game from Glasgow since im at a 21st the night before and just crashing in town. Hope for a good turn out of Well fans ( anyone know how many tickets we have sold so far) and a crackin game either way!!

Get train out sharpish from Wishaw into town, spot of breakfast and a few pints downed before getting train from Central.

Afterwards, no ideas where we'll be heading yet.

Anywhere we will we get in, in town with colours on I suppose!

The misses is coming along to this one as well.

It's her first (football) trip to Hampden, so hopefully another next month!

The only thing worrying me right now is that I'm perhaps feeling too confident for this game...

Much drink consumed and good times to be had. 8 - 10,000 'Well fans descending on Hampden for a big party.

And a game of football...

Fuck knows what the score will be and I'm rubbish at predicting! But I'll be praying like fuck that we get through and shiteing myself until 14:30 on the Saturday!

COYW

...personaly I think we should win this one comforably...

I've never ever felt like that about a Motherwell game - and certainly not before a cup semi-final!

I think we are favourites in the game, due to our form and the space that players like Humphrey and Murphy can possibly exploit.

However, I'll be a nervous wreck in the build-up to this and won't take a thing for granted until the full-time whistle is blown - even if we're 3-0 up!

personaly I think we should win this one comforably

I was about 10 years old when we were heavy favourites against Airdrie in the Scottish Cup semi. That lesson has never been forgotten.

Of course we have a good chance, but St. Johnstone will be thinking the exact same thing.

I was about 10 years old when we were heavy favourites against Airdrie in the Scottish Cup semi. That lesson has never been forgotten.

Of course we have a good chance, but St. Johnstone will be thinking the exact same thing.

My thoughts exactly weeyin I was only 17 at the time ,and I would think that would be the last time we were favourites in a semi-final,and we lost. :doh:

Winning this game is likely to open up a fairly large can of worms at work for me regarding the date of the final.

Be nice to have to cross that bridge if I come to it.

St. Johnstone aren't any great shakes for me though. Duberry being back is a big positive for them, but with the form that Murphy and Humphrey are in, they could easily give both of St. Johnstone's full backs a doing. They're really, really struggling for goals as well, against Killie they had quite a few good chances, but at no point looked convinced that they could finish them.

X2

I'm looking forward to celebrating as much as the next fan but only IF we win. We have to do the business first. Just learn a lesson from Arabs fans who had to cancel buses for the final after we knocked them out last week.

I must admit I'm apprehensive about the semi. Its probably the over-confidence amongst a lot of our support that we're as good as in the final, we certainly are not! Yes we are favourites, and 8 times out of 10 we will beat St Johnstone, but to lose to them in a Hampden semi would be too gut wrenching to bear.

We are on the cusp of greatness, but I won't be thinking about the final unless we get there. Don't get me wrong we couldn't have asked for a better draw, and I am quite confident of victory, but not too much!

I must admit I'm apprehensive about the semi. Its probably the over-confidence amongst a lot of our support that we're as good as in the final, we certainly are not! Yes we are favourites, and 8 times out of 10 we will beat St Johnstone, but to lose to them in a Hampden semi would be too gut wrenching to bear.

We are on the cusp of greatness, but I won't be thinking about the final unless we get there. Don't get me wrong we couldn't have asked for a better draw, and I am quite confident of victory, but not too much!

Confidence, fear, hope & failure (in any combination or order) - all the things we are very used too................

Part of me hopes we get beat this Saturday in order to prevent folk getting carried away..

In my time supporting Motherwell, St Johnstone have twice done us in Scottish Cup Quarter Finals at FP and in both occasions we were overwhelming favourites. This game can easily go either way. A lot hinges on who wants it the most and who handles the occasion best.

Recent semi-final performances from QoS and Ross County should stop anyone getting ahead of themselves.

With regards St Johnstone, is Jody Morris back for them yet?

Anyway, really looking forward to the game. Really refreshing going to Hampden knowing that your experience won't be blighted by the presence of the Old Firm.

Winning this game is likely to open up a fairly large can of worms at work for me regarding the date of the final.

Be nice to have to cross that bridge if I come to it.

St. Johnstone aren't any great shakes for me though. Duberry being back is a big positive for them, but with the form that Murphy and Humphrey are in, they could easily give both of St. Johnstone's full backs a doing. They're really, really struggling for goals as well, against Killie they had quite a few good chances, but at no point looked convinced that they could finish them.

can of worms.ma burds maws getting married on the same day as the final.but theres only one place ill be.20 year ago fae we were in the scf.no fuckin brainer :drinks:

St Johnstone will fancy their chances against us I reckon. On a normal day I'd say our squad is marginally better than theirs however if all our key players put in a performance then we could pump them but if not then it'll be pretty tight.

Any idea how many tickets have been sold?

Saint Johnstone have scored just 18 goals in 31 league games this season. That one stat alone for me says that, as long as we are as professional as we have been these past three games, we will make the final.

Saint Johnstone have scored just 18 goals in 31 league games this season. That one stat alone for me says that, as long as we are as professional as we have been these past three games, we will make the final.

Yeah Ricky but you know motherwell as well as I do! haha

That stat actually makes me more scared. Wouldn't be un-Motherwell for us to lose 6-0 now....

Saying that, already beginning to buzz for the game, and if we have a full team to choose from 3-1 tae us.

In regards to the question about what people are doing after the game well i guess that depends entirely on the result. As for the confidence people have that we will have an easy win they have obviously forgotten the Motherwell teams that turned up at Inverness, St Mirren & Killie. That shitey Motherwell team could easily turn up then we will get pumped.

Iv'e got faith that McCall will get the players up for this & we will have a fairly comfortable 1-0 win albeit that last ten minutes being squeaky bum time.