Motherwell Vs St Johnstone

Yoshi-1991

Can't believe I'm saying this, but... if ever a thread needed an MJC post, this is it.

We never, ever win a game unless MJC predicts a defeat, fact. However, doesny necessarily fill me with confidence, can see a victory by the odd goal in a 2-1, or 1-0, in a nerve jangling, nail shredding match. Hopefully its gonny be us.....

I just think people are building themselves up a little too much...

There's nothing wrong with optimism and believing we will win. I'd rather that than believe we're going to be shite every game. However, I can't believe people think this is going to be a cakewalk.

Pride comes before a fall.

On paper, Motherwell should have no problems beating a St Johnstone who are struggling to score goals. I will not be in any way suprised if the game goes to a reply. However i think we will just edge past them. 2-1 'Well. Don't care who scores.

The semi finals are played to a finish .Extra time and penalties if needed .

The semi finals are played to a finish .Extra time and penalties if needed .

It’s about time we went back to the old days when you played at least three replays to decide the winner. A time when the majority of players had second jobs working in the steelworks or down the coal mine. Footballers today, I ask you. :ph34r:

Anyone who is extemely confident has probably not been a Motherwell fan for very long. I have lost count of the amount of games where we were favourites (even slight favourites) and came away with nothing.

St J have been struggling to score goals and have scored only as many as Hamilton this season at 18, which is half as many as we have scored - 36. Mind you this leads me to think they are likely to ping a couple in from 30 yards+:doh:

So I have no expectations other than the hope the team will play as well as they have been of late and if that happens we are in with a decent chance of getting to a Scottish cup final.

This will be a long week.........

Really looking forward to next Saturday now that yesterdays game is now out the way. Fully hope we can go there, play how we have in the recent few games and we should get the right result. St Johnstone aint going to be any kind of mugs so we will have to be at our best.

Really hope the weather next weekend will turn out as good as this weekend has, as much claret and amber colours showing, good match and good party afterwards. Lets just hope all goes to plan for next weekend!!

Mon the 'Well :cheers:

Last time we played St Johnstone in a semi, i think, was in the League Cup in 1970. Result St Johnstone 2 0 Well. Let that be a warning. There's no reason for us to feel pessimistic but there's no place for overconfidence either.

laugh.gif eh?!

-----------------Jeffers (if fit)----Sutton------------------------

Murphy--------Lasley--------Jennings-----------Humph

Gunning--------Craigan-----Hutch-------------Ross (assuming saunders is out)

----------------------------Randy----------------------------------

No Stevie Hammell and no Tom Hately? I think they will both play instead of Ross & Gunning and apart from that you have it spot on, although he could play Ross at RB with Hately in midfield alongside Las & Jenno with Jeffers on the bench if hes not fit or if McCall wants to play it a little tighter.