Motherwell Vs St Johnstone

Yoshi-1991

Thats an important score to remember for those jumping the gun and talking about the final.

Hibs had won the CIS cup that year already and this was their 3rd Scottish cup semi in as many years. While Dunfermline were heading for the first division and not scoring very many goals.

I wonder how many Hibs fans had their eye on the final before that replay?

Well, aye, but Hibs have an even longer history of bottling the cup than we do!

What an unusual problem Stuart McCall has tomorrow, selecting from a fully fit squad! It is a great problem to have, but also puts extra pressue on him to get it 100% right, no excuses if he doesn't!

In defence there are two issues; who plays right back and who partners Hutchinson? For me I'd have Ross in there, as he's done very well so far. Saunders must be a doubt too so I'd only have him on the bench. In central defence Craigan has the experience but the inclusion of Gunning would give greater balance to the side. However I'd plump for Craigan given Gunning's injury lately.

The midfield and forward line picks itself, but the other issue is who occupies the bench. I can see the likes of Page, Forbes, McHugh and Casagolda missing out altogether, but I suppose it depends on how we line up tactically..

I am too nervous to make a prediction, but I will say that if we play as we have been recently, then we should reach the final. Any win will do, but I'd rather we weren't hanging on like the United league game! Penalties would be hell too! After 90 minutes please Motherwell!

Mon the Well, do us proud!!

I think I am right in saying we won 2-0 and 4-1? against them this season and then lost to them last game, so we can lose to them, it wouldn't be a shock!... but that said, recent form and just the general vibe and feeling around is good!.. lets support the guys 100% no matter what happens tomorrow and hopefully it won't be our last trip to hampden this season! mon the well!!!

I think I'd play Hateley at RB for the simple reason that if we win a free kick within striking range he give us the option of going straight for goal which should have the keeper guessing a bit.

Also think that on their day Hateley, Las and Humphrey play some outstanding triangle passes between themselves which will cause the StJ def. trouble.

Other commitments mean I won't even be able to watch the game on telly! Phone off, Sky Plussing it and watching it at night time.

Gonna be a long day tomorrow!

Jeeeesus GazzyB - I'm a bag o jaggies just now waiting for the game which can't come quick enough - I know where you're coming from, but there's no way I'd last through the day without knowing the result.

Hope it works for you though, and you can have a cracking Saturday night :yahoo::cheers:

MON RA DOSSERS

I think I'd play Hateley at RB for the simple reason that if we win a free kick within striking range he give us the option of going straight for goal which should have the keeper guessing a bit.

Eh? Can he not offer the same from the middle of the park? Hateley will start.

Eh? Can he not offer the same from the middle of the park? Hateley will start.

Yes he can but by moving him to RB it opens a place for Jennings.

Interesting to compare both teams fans forums. The We Are Perth fans fanzine has filled 7 pages on the game where we have around double that. This percentage will probably mirror the amount of fans in the ground, with Motherwell looking like they will double whatever St.Johnstone bring. Right enough of this statistics piss, when’s the game starting!

Interesting to compare both teams fans forums. The We Are Perth fans fanzine has filled 7 pages on the game where we have around double that. This percentage will probably mirror the amount of fans in the ground, with Motherwell looking like they will double whatever St.Johnstone bring. Right enough of this statistics piss, when’s the game starting!

Right , who is gonna be left out? only 16 can be named in the squad .tough decision for the manager !

I been working for the last 7 days so I've not had the time to get worked up about the game but since my work phone has been turned off and my beers was chased down by a tasty single malt I can feel a semi final tingle being to build (oh er)

looking forward to the game and then meeting Aberdeen in the final

I ordered 2 tickets to get picked up on thursday. When i got home i opened the envelope and all that was in it was a receipt for ma money. :wallbash: .Had to go back over again today. Red faced woman in the Chapman building says oh i dont know what happened there. I said i do NAE TICKETS!!! <_ . got em now. src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_rolleyes.gif" alt=":rolleyes:">

they obviously know it was you that slagged them on the telly before the tannadice cup tie. you're lucky big randy, hutchy and sutty didn't ambush you in the ticket office.

i think we'll see this team. the 4-5-1 worked the trick the last time at hampden and hateley thrives in the holding role. i think we'll be trying to get the ball to murphy and the humph to run at their fullbacks and if we're not getting any joy from that then franny can come on and give us 35 minutes against tiring centrebacks.

-----------randy

ross hutchy craggs hammell

---------hateley

-----lasley----jenno

humphrey----------murphy

----------sutton

subs. franny, hollis, saunders, forbes, gunning