Motherwell Vs St Johnstone

Yoshi-1991

Abslolutely fantastic all the lads were magnificent today is big sutty the new kirkie? Goal in every round so far :-)

You could argue he's better. Kirkie "only" scored in the penalty shoot-out against Morton........-)

ya fucking dancer what a day :yahoo: the players have been brilliant and deserve great credit for getting us to the final.also special mention to wee mccall for the part hes played in getting us to the final where other well managers had longer in the job and spent much more money and they failed to achieve a scottish cup final.im over the moon for every dosser out there :thumbup:

Amazin stuff today ... !

I make that Scored 12 [edit: 14 actually i think] Conceded 2 in our 5 SC games so far!

Really hope Aberdeen cause a wee upset tomorrow as a final against them right now would be brilliant!

Although ... am I right in saying that if Celtic win tomorrow - we'll be guaranteed europe next year?

Amazin stuff today ... !

I make that Scored 12 [edit: 14 actually i think] Conceded 2 in our 5 SC games so far!

Really hope Aberdeen cause a wee upset tomorrow as a final against them right now would be brilliant!

Although ... am I right in saying that if Celtic win tomorrow - we'll be guaranteed europe next year?

im sure celtic need to win the morra and win the league mate for us to be in europe

im sure celtic need to win the morra and win the league mate for us to be in europe

That is indeed the case.

However if Celtic win tomorrow it could make for an interesting last day of the season.

MORALITY QUESTON

Imagine if you will that Celtic need to win against us to ensure the title. Do we let them win therefore ensuring Euro Football (win or lose the cup) or do we go and play to beat them, meaning we have to win the Cup for Europe.

You are the manager what do you do?

That is indeed the case.

However if Celtic win tomorrow it could make for an interesting last day of the season.

MORALITY QUESTON

Imagine if you will that Celtic need to win against us to ensure the title. Do we let them win therefore ensuring Euro Football (win or lose the cup) or do we go and play to beat them, meaning we have to win the Cup for Europe.

You are the manager what do you do?

let them win, fling out our fringe players, we have a smaller squad that they do so cant afford to pick up injuries the week before the final, neither can they right enough but i would imagine the fact that they will be playing for the title will mean they are gona get stuck in, plus, if they thump us it means they will be over confident for the final. plus, lets face it, we are never gona beat them 2 weeks in a row, let em have the title, we will take the cup thank you very much!

Today ensures our best season in a generation regardless of the result on the 21st of May.

The game for me was a mixed bag, while on hand we wrapped it up and put it to bed after 40 minutes, the game itself couldn't ever be described as a classic even if you ignore the 2nd and 3rd goals which showed individual drive for Murphy's and instinct for Sutton's.

Can't help feeling once the early goal went in, yellow cards that could potentially rule out a number of our squad from the final came to mind, St. Johnstone seemed to win everything in midfield. Not a criticism, anything but, it showed intelligence on our part.

St. Johnstone were rank, from the woeful number of fans they brought with them, to their balloons and ineffectual play. Reality check ..... we weren't much better, however everything we did came off due to a few inspiring performances. We got the job done, I'd say "no frills" however there were a few.

It also confirms that Hampden Park is a white elephant in a city with 2 other world class stadiums. It wasn't needed and was refurbished for sentimental reasons opposed to common sense. With a crowd that could have fitted into FP and had seats left over demanded another venue, however the SFA have a mortgage to pay and we have to stump up for it.

on the point about Hampden as the venue I would just like to say, get to fuck all those who would of had us play at any other ground

Hampden is the spiritual home of Scottish football and to play a cup game there is an honour (unless it's against the spiders)

cramming everyone into Easter road would just be a joke

When the Well go up to life the Scottish cup (at Hampden) I'll be there. I'll be there

Loved the game tonight lads. What a day - atmosphere was incredible! Only thing I would say about the 'Well was that St Johnstone got as far as the last third of the park before anyone shut them down. Midfield could have been stronger, balls should have been getting won at the half way line. Apart from that, Motherwell were great, and I've had too many cans. The End. See you all at the final!

on the point about Hampden as the venue I would just like to say, get to fuck all those who would of had us play at any other ground

Hampden is the spiritual home of Scottish football and to play a cup game there is an honour (unless it's against the spiders)

When the Well go up to life the Scottish cup (at Hampden) I'll be there. I'll be there

Here Here! Also, it gives our boys the extra experience of playing at the ground ahead of the final.

Maybe not for this particular thread, however I'm all for tradition however the national association renting the ground from a 3rd division outfit and having to pay £300,000 a year to upgrade the pitch as its churned up during our winters by guys just above junior level for historical significance is a nonsense. The £71m used on it would have been better spent elsewhere.

FP a few weeks ago in the replay was 10x better for me, it was electric. Full stadiums are what its all about.

I take it you weren't at Easter Road for the semi-final against Hearts?

Well what can you say about today,superb,professinal performance from us,no it was a bit more than than that,that was two teams from the same league and there was quite simply a gulf in class today and you cant say that too many times when we are involved,just watched the game again on tv,saw lennon at the game,if they get to the final,even they will be a bit worried about us,if we have everyone fit and on the top of their game,what a day we could be in for in may.

Maybe not for this particular thread, however I'm all for tradition however the national association renting the ground from a 3rd division outfit and having to pay £300,000 a year to upgrade the pitch as its churned up during our winters by guys just above junior level for historical significance is a nonsense. The £71m used on it would have been better spent elsewhere.

FP a few weeks ago in the replay was 10x better for me, it was electric. Full stadiums are what its all about.

I take it you weren't at Easter Road for the semi-final against Hearts?

I was at easter road and I remember the many fecked off Well fans who had to make the trip to the fart side of edinburgh that night