Motherwell Vs St Johnstone

Yoshi-1991

lets face it, we are never gona beat them 2 weeks in a row,

Remember some saying exactly the same back in 91, on the way to stuff 'em at Parkheid the week before the semi final, which we subsequently drew, then everyone wrote us off for the replay tae which of course we also went and won. Never say never. :whistling:

• Like 1

I have never cried so much at a football game in my life. Every goal and at the final whistle, a very emotional day. 1991 was my first ever match and hearing my dad speak about it over that time to now I really wanted to experience a Scottish Cup Final. Being there today sharing it with my dad(with both of us in tears) was one of the most wonderful days of my life.

Thank you Stuart McCall and the players for giving not just me and my dad but the 7000+ fans that were there today and all the Motherwell fans watching it around the world for a fantastic result and a final to look forward to. Will hopefully be sitting here in 5 weeks time writing the same thing :drinks:

• Like 1

I have never cried so much at a football game in my life. Every goal and at the final whistle, a very emotional day. 1991 was my first ever match and hearing my dad speak about it over that time to now I really wanted to experience a Scottish Cup Final. Being there today sharing it with my dad(with both of us in tears) was one of the most wonderful days of my life.

Thank you Stuart McCall and the players for giving not just me and my dad but the 7000+ fans that were there today and all the Motherwell fans watching it around the world for a fantastic result and a final to look forward to. Will hopefully be sitting here in 5 weeks time writing the same thing :drinks:

Me too... apart from the being in tears bit. :drinks:

Well done Motherwell. I thought the person who best summed up the game was Derek McInnes who said they were at least as good as us but we had a bit more quality in both boxes. Which really means we have come full circle since the Odense game when we were better but there wee bit more quality in both boxes saw them through. There is an argument for playing both of them in the final and I really don't think I could bare losing to Aberdeen but whoever it is I just hope we go out there, express ourselves and play as we can. Do that and this run kind of makes up for the doings we've taken at St Mirren, Kilmarnock and the shockers against Dundee, Inverness, Ayr and others over the years.

After more than a week of apprehension and fear about this game, I have to say how proud I am of the management and players of the club. It was a thoroughly professional and effective performance that St Johnstone couldn't live with. Tactically we had everything spot on, not allowing them space to play through us and countering with such precision. I never expected us to win so easily, I think most of us felt it was over as soon as Sutty made it 3-0.

As someone else mentioned, this IS now one of our best seasons in living memory, who'd have thought that back in January eh?!! Full credit has to go to Stuart McCall, who has had his doubters but surely they must realise how wrong they were now?!!

Just really chuffed with everything, canny wait until the tickets go on sale for the final, the build up will start then!

Mon the Well!!

A great day out yesterday and a fine performance from the team. Stuart McCall got it right. A few players were obviously not 100% but we had no failures. Their midfield was combative and aggrressive but had little to offer in the way of creativitiy. I think the gulf in class showed as they had no-one to compare with Murphy, Sutton and Co. Also a tale of 2 keepers too.

If we had a fault its that we defended too deeply at times and thats something we'll need to watch in the final.

Still a great day for the club.

Come on Ye Well!

Here's to a Motherwell v Aberdeen family friendly final, and an X rated boxing match between Boyle and Brown as half time entertainment! ;)

I was think of a cage match with tables at half time

• Like 1

Well done Motherwell. I thought the person who best summed up the game was Derek McInnes who said they were at least as good as us but we had a bit more quality in both boxes.

I liked the one line summary someone posted on the St. Johnstone forum yesterday:

"Pros: we were all over them for the first 3 minutes"

Think the outcome of todays game is win-win almost. Either team winning gives us a great chance of going into Europe:

Celtic win and we could be in Europe before the day of the final, and on our day we could play Celtic off the park. Mind you, on their day they could humiliate us.

Aberdeen win and we've got easier opposition who a lot of the boys don't even need to be fired up to play against. Beating those c***s would be just as sweet a result as I can imagine, to seal our first cup win in 20 years, and Europe for the fourth year running.

HOWEVER, getting beat off Aberdeen is something that would take a long long long time to get over. Brown gloating after the match, then in the summer if they were in Europe, then at the start of the season again. All the more reason to pump them if they get there.

If Celtic win today I'd like to see them beat Rangers next Saturday, and win their first 4 post split games. That way they'll have the league tied up before our SPL match against them, Europe will be tied up and we can focus on making real history and gubbing them at Hampden!

• Like 1

Tremendous 1st half display and although one or two of our players maybe not 100% fit a marvellous spirit about us and i noticed on the telly highlights the steely determination of our players even at the end a wee wave to the fans but no great celebrations hopefully keep them for beating Celtic. :thumbup:

Yesterday was amazing from start to finish, what a game! Can't wait til the final now, was hoping to see Aberdeen joining us but I'm not fussed either way.

My only complaint from yesterday is official coaches through to Hampden were clearly some kinda school buses with absolutely no leg room for any adult. The lads sitting infront of me and Mrs compared it to Ryanair flights! However the spirit on the bus was great listening to the lads talking about when they drove to the Nancy game and all the ensuing carry on. :cheers:

COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS NOW TIL THE 21st OF MAY!!! :yahoo: