Motherwell Vs St Johnstone

Yoshi-1991

We have got to be confident of a win, St Johnstone like ourselves will fancy there chances of victory,

As for the team, i would still leave Craggs on the bench. No time like the present to blood the youngsters already proving there worth in the big games, if it all goes a little panicky later in the second half bring Craggs on to calm it down a bit.

Daz

Hateley

Hutchinson

Gunning

Hamell

Humphrey/ Jennings/Lasley/Murphy

Jeffers/ Sutton

Attacking team will be rewarded, start fast and attack from the off.

Come on Motherwell, you can do it!

gunning isn't our youngster to blood :S

Thats an important score to remember for those jumping the gun and talking about the final.

Hibs had won the CIS cup that year already and this was their 3rd Scottish cup semi in as many years. While Dunfermline were heading for the first division and not scoring very many goals.

I wonder how many Hibs fans had their eye on the final before that replay?

Spot on. Similar situation when QOS faced Aberdeen, Dundee played Gretna, and, Celtic drew Ross County last year. Nervous day ahead.

You migh tbe but i wil be crawlin out of my bed ona saturday morning at 6.30am to try and hhok my computer up to the TV and watch the game :-) need to go easy on the drin Friday night and hopefully have a reason to make up for that on the saturday night !!!

Just as a little aside has anyone pointed a certain gentleman to look at this piece of information below?????

GIRUY Mr Young ;-)

HomeAwayPtsGoal

DiffWDLFAWDLFACeltic311331431011122387648Rangers3111133513131231147439Hearts32944241592422156016Dundee Utd32101424154942022527Kilmarnock32636231875524194710Motherwell338272318538132544-7Inverness CT3143818215742218371Hibernian3255517215111182936-15St Johnstone3355791635892334-21Aberdeen3352921184211133631-20St Mirren3245820263210102628-22Hamilton32079923231193116-36

Awe crap that didnt work too well. but anyway you get the sentiment!

Hmmmm looks like I have a faulty keyboard :-) let's hope the St Johnstone goalie's fingers work as well as mine.

Surprised at the omission of Maurice Ross by many... Hasn't put a foot wrong in a 'Well shirt, experience of being over this particular course and a record of being unbeaten at Hampden, one of the 1st names on the teamsheet no?

I guess we're all in the same boat as Stuart McCall right now...it was only a few months ago the squad was so small that Esteban was "the other team" in training games against the first XI. Now, we're spoiled for choice, and its very hard to predict who is actually going to step out on Saturday.

I'm with the fringes here..........

Maurice Ross ahead of Saunders and Hately at RB - every time

Saunders will be on the bench......

Hately for me will make McCall really think about his team...........

Ross should get the nod at RB, we aint Arsenal who play all their youngsters in the cup - we need to play our strongest team. No room for sentiment, no one plays just cos they helped get us there - we play to win

it will be between Jeffers and Hately,

Hately will play if we go 451 - Jeffers will play if we play 442

For me, the rest of the team picks itself

Can't get any work done here. Buzzing for this.

The more I think about it the more I think Ross should start. Initially would have had Hateley but now I'm not so sure.

My team would be:

Randolph

Hammell Gunning Hutch Ross

Murphy Lasley Jennings Humph

Jeffers Sutton

Take it to them and play with no fear. Gunning has looked assured and confident at the back so have no reservations about having no Craigan, especially with a bit of experience with Ross. Jeffers drops back quite a bit too looking for the ball and Sutton will win a lot in the air for Murphy and Humphrey.

Couple of snippets from Saints website that i thought interesting.

1]The great thing about our form is that Motherwell will completely underestimate us.

2]McCall would be expecting us to be defensive.He has been over-cautious at every Semi he has been in charge.I say go all out attack................ ....

So how many semi finals has over cautious McCall been in charge of? And the great thing about your form being crap is that your opponents will underestimate you. :blink: