Motherwell Vs St Johnstone

Yoshi-1991

Can't sleep due to the excitement of the game. Just over 12 hours to go before i will be sitting in hampden fully bathed in claret and amber from head to toe.

I feel Murphy, Humphrey, Sutton and Jeffers are going to run the show tomorrow, don't want to be over confident but with our recent form its hard not to be.

I'd go for -

Randolph

Ross, Hutchinson, Gunning, Hammell

Humphrey, Jennings, Lasley, Murphy

Jeffers, Sutton

Think the side writes itself to be honest, It will be intresting to see who slots in at right back as Hateley has came onto a game as of late.

I would hope to see Ross and Jennings to start tomorrow. Fully expect the latter to do just that. However, I struggle to see where Hateley will fit in to the side tomorrow.....but at the same time really can't see him being left out. Even if it means playing a 4-5-1 and Jeffers being on the bench.

I would hope to see Ross and Jennings to start tomorrow. Fully expect the latter to do just that. However, I struggle to see where Hateley will fit in to the side tomorrow.....but at the same time really can't see him being left out. Even if it means playing a 4-5-1 and Jeffers being on the bench.

I agree, just dont see Hateley being left out the fold. I would love to see Jeffers, Murphy, Humphrey and Sutton in the starting eleven. I love it when we are spoilt for choice. If Humphrey and Murphy are still on form I can't see us losing. Can't wait for the game.

Twisted loyalties here, a number of players are on the books and have been either loyal servants (Craigan, Hammell, Lasley) or seen as a significant future revenue stream for the club (Hateley, Humphrey, Hutchison, Murphy, Saunders and Randolph). Combine that with a few guys who are on loan who will almost certainly not be at FP next season (Gunning) or on short term deals at present (Jeffers, Jones, Ross) and those who's contracts are up (Sutton, Jennings).

Makes life tough for McCall, however that's why he gets bonus' (Craig Brown take note).

I see it as:

--------------------- Randolph --------------------

Saunders - Hutchison - Ross - Hammell

---------------------- Hateley ----------------------

---------------- Lasley - Jennings --------------

- Humphrey ---------------------------------------

---------------- Sutton - Murphy -----------------

Unfortunately I can't see Craigan getting a start due to the possibility of extra time and his ageing engine. However lets not ignore that McCall may value his reading of the game and him orchestrating the back line.

Most of us are also not privvy to Porteous' notes on the recovery and potential stamina levels of a number of those I've listed who were on his table only a few days ago.

Based on that, the most likely option is Hateley dropping to RB as Saunders appeared to have the worst injury, Murphy on the left, Jeffers to complement Sutton. On paper, that is a fearsome attacking line.

If we go 2 up then I see Craigan being drafted in as a sweeper, Hateley moving forward to where I have him above as a holding defensive midfielder, Saunders or Gunning coming on to make up the line (Ross to RB if its Gunning).

Is nobody up yet????

Lets get right behind the team as soon as we get in Hampden today.

When we get into full voice we are the best supporters in the world,

I remember the semi final replay 1991 when we weren't supposed to win, the CIS semi final 2005 when we weren't supposed to win but I also remember the semis against Airdrie and I was at the semi against St Johnstone in '69,

Both of those games we were favourites in and were expected to get through.

Everybody remembers the past and thinks about omens, etc. but that was then, this is now!!!!

Stuart McCall has surprised me, I always liked his work ethic, although I didn't like him when he played for them.

He has the team playing in a manner which I love. High tempo, pressing, fast down both wings, big target man, solid defence.

Today is all about the players and how they perform. On form, we will absolutely blow St Johnstone away, a couple of guys off form and it will be a close affair with us dragged down to their level.

I just hope that the team will realise we are 90 minutes away from a final and the chance to be legends.

My team would be if everyone is fit:-

Randolph

Ross Hutchison Craigan Hammell

Humphrey Hateley Lasley Jennings Murphy

Sutton

(difficult to pick a team and leave out gunning and jeffers)

I have, however, total faith in the boss and think that he will have watched the sainties and will know how to beat them.

This is our time, this is our moment, this is our team, we are Motherwell, Lets get right behind them.

C'MON YE WELL :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

• Like 1

Yip - been awake for ages - dressed and ready to go, Just cannae settle and been like this for days.

C'mon 'well - as the banner read "its time for new heroes".

I am sitting here, canny sleep, too early for a swally, nothing in for breakfast

I think I will head to Gaffars, buy some sausage,some rolls and see if he will give me a cheeky wee bottel of buckaroo.

I hate the build up to a big game, but love it as well???

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. dry.gif

Roll on 9o'clock. :drinks:

But is 7.00 o'clock really any earlier than 9.00 for a drink :evilgrin:, or you just not got anything in the fridge - reckon the Cooper is going to be jumpin.

Its also time for payback for 1969 - an early introduction for this steelman to the disappointment of defeat at the national stadium.

From the slopes of the Fir Park terracing

To the playing fields so green

There's eleven stalwart warriors

They're the best you've ever seen

Oh we may not be league champions,

Or even runners-up

But we'll f..k the super Saintees

Out of this year's Scottish Cup

(To the tune of the US Marine Corps Hymn) :yahoo:

It's time to make another trip to Hampden

It's time to take the ticket off the mantle piece

It's time to put on your luck shirt

It's time to feel nervous as you go through the turnstile

It's time to clap until your hand sting

It's time to take a deep breath and fill your lungs with the cool Hampden air

It's time to shout, sing and cheer until you can't make a sound

It's time to head to Hampden in May

COME ON YE WELL

She wore a claret and Amber ribbon, claret and Amber ribbon in the merry month of may, and so I asked why she wore that ribbon and she said........

SHE SAID ITS FOR THE 'WELL AND WE'RE GONNAE WIN THE CUP!!!!

I usually struggle to wake up in the morning, but I was up before my alarm even went off today!

'Mon the 'Well