Motherwell Vs St Johnstone

Yoshi-1991

Can't work myself out. Been going to Motherwell games for a long time, all I want is a wee bit of progress, maybe a cup run, maybe a young player with talent emerging. Hoping I suppose that we'll do something daft and actually win a trophy. Here's my quandry, why do I get so feckin wound up and nervous when we get the big games, I can't bloody relax. The midweek game against Utd, the other semi, hell, even the '91 final! It's all I ever wanted and I'm wound up tighter than a posties rubber band collection. You go week in week out you have a moan, a shout, get angy and sometimes have a ball at games but as soon as it's a big match in unfamiliar surroundings, unusual travel arrangements, like a supporters bus instead of the car then whoosh, nervous bloody wreck. In saying all that, the flip side is that I can't wait. Ever since we beat Utd I have been hyper. I am so excited. Maybe I have answered myself amongst my ramblings. Fancied a blether

can of worms.ma burds maws getting married on the same day as the final.but theres only one place ill be.20 year ago fae we were in the scf.no fuckin brainer :drinks:

Over this year, theres probably about 8 days where its fairly vital I'm about. One being cup final day.. :ph34r:

Re: Morris, probably not. He's got a fairly severe back injury I think. Its more Davidson and his height I'm worried about, he bullied our midfield in Perth.

Names like Duberry and Morris have a degree of pedigree and from what I've seen so far of May he's worthy of tight marking. However we've got Jeffers, Humphrey and Murphy who they'll be very concerned with too. However what's key for me is Lasley and Jenno complementing each other and driving things from midfield.

i think the outcome very much depends on two factors:

A. how Humphrey, Jennings, Sutton and Murphy play

and

B. who our centre half partnership is

Gunning and Hutchinson should be our first choice for this I'd say, unless Craigan puts in a monster performance on saturday given his poor showing since christmas

Beat the Goalie (Randolph) video on the Scottish Cup Facebook page, featuring Craigan, Murphy, Forbes and Hutchison...

Attention all Motherwell, St. Johnstone, Aberdeen and Celtic fans! Check out the competition in the Scottish Sun on Saturday 9 April (tomorrow) for your chance to take part in the Carling Mates Challenge at half-time during the Scottish Cup semi-finals (over 18s only). View the video to see what happened when Motherwell tried it...

http://www.facebook.com/scottishcup

There seems to be way, waaaaaaay too much confidence within our support just now and that is rarely a good thing with Motherwell.

Some of our fans, not just on here, seem to think that we are as good as in the final already but we are anything but. We are not a better side than St.Johnstone, the sides are very evenly matched I'd say and this game could go either way but given that we seldolm seem to deliver on the big stage when we've got what seems like a very good chance then I fully expect us to get beat next week, turning in a dismal performance in the process.

• Like 2

I posted this on the travel info section as well:-

My mate is running a bus to the St Johnstone semi final leaving from the car park behind the General Motors Club Holytown.

He has about 20 names for a 49 seater, anybody from the Holytown area looking for transport?

There seems to be way, waaaaaaay too much confidence within our support just now and that is rarely a good thing with Motherwell.

Some of our fans, not just on here, seem to think that we are as good as in the final already but we are anything but. We are not a better side than St.Johnstone, the sides are very evenly matched I'd say and this game could go either way but given that we seldolm seem to deliver on the big stage when we've got what seems like a very good chance then I fully expect us to get beat next week, turning in a dismal performance in the process.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but... if ever a thread needed an MJC post, this is it.