Motherwell Vs St Johnstone

Yoshi-1991

MJC called it earlier when he said it will come down to bottle and who hold their nerve better. In a similar way that teams who regularly fight relegation can in a way "learn" how to survive when they need to...and teams that challenge for titles can do the same.

I think we are about to see what will turn out to be the true benefit of our European experience. You can argue about how evenly matched the sides are in terms of ability and personnel, but our runs in Europe have given us something St. Johnstone as a team and a club, just don't have.

MJC called it earlier when he said it will come down to bottle and who hold their nerve better. In a similar way that teams who regularly fight relegation can in a way "learn" how to survive when they need to...and teams that challenge for titles can do the same.

I think we are about to see what will turn out to be the true benefit of our European experience. You can argue about how evenly matched the sides are in terms of ability and personnel, but our runs in Europe have given us something St. Johnstone as a team and a club, just don't have.

A home defeat to Llanelli?

I'm no over confident about this one just seen the highlights against dundee united st johnstone had the better chances and were blatantly robbed by some really poor refereeing.

1st goal definately offside by a mile

sending off conway dived blatantly!!

emotions are going to be riding high and if anything that injustice will galvanise there team even more before the semi i hope to god the right motherwell turn up on saturday its the only way i can see us winning this game.

Do not write off st johnstone they have a history of screwing things up for us in the cups

Load's of caution in this thread, but we are strong favourites for this.

We have key players playing in the form and confidence of their life and have practically stopped conceeding goals - form and belief is with us and I think the team will have a great performance against Rangers in the last semi fresh in their memories.

The look of Humph and Murphy at Tynecastle, along with the options in form Sutton and Jeffers offer, will be too much for a St J side that can't score - 2-0 Well and to hell with jinxing it!

Load's of caution in this thread, but we are strong favourites for this.

We have key players playing in the form and confidence of their life and have practically stopped conceeding goals - form and belief is with us and I think the team will have a great performance against Rangers in the last semi fresh in their memories.

The look of Humph and Murphy at Tynecastle, along with the options in form Sutton and Jeffers offer, will be too much for a St J side that can't score - 2-0 Well and to hell with jinxing it!

Been there done it and bought the t shirt before .more than once......Problem was the tshirt was itchy and two sizes too big .Keep wur feet on the ground .... any type of win will do ,any way.:yahoo:

I know everybody seems to be getting a bit nervous with the big game coming up,this question might only add to that so sorry in advance for asking,but which of the players are in danger of missing the final if they get booked on saturday,i remember Randolph getting booked at Dens,any others in danger?Forgot to add im asking this because i have noticed its Brines who is the ref.

If we play to the standards we have been showing in recent weeks I think we will win quite comfy not taking anything for granted as ICT, Dundee and St Johnstone have in the past knocked us out without a whimper. Our two most valuable assets for the game IMO are Humphrey and Murphy, a repeat of the game at Fir Park in late 2010 would do just nicely there full backs just couldn't hack it when they ran at them. We are a baw hair away from our first final in 20 years, i think i feared Dundee and Stranraer more than this mob.

COYW

randy, hutchy, gunning, hateley and the humph are all on yellows.

not too bad. jenno and las not having to worry is a major boost.

Thing is: i dont think we are in a position to rest these players incase they get booked so they can play the final if we make it.

This is the best chance we've had in years to make the final but im trying not to get my hopes up because i'll be even more disappointed if we dont.

I think it will be a hard game, been said before but it doesnt do us any favours when we are the favourites. I am hoping for a great game but a crap game with us scoring the winner late on will do me just fine.

FIngers well and truely crossed! Pun intended!

'Mon the Well!