Motherwell Vs St Johnstone

Yoshi-1991

Brines is possibly the worst referee I have seen. You can tell by his body language that he has seen incidents like the one with Duberry last night but it appears he is incapable of making a decision. People can say it doesn't matter who the referee is for the St Jonstone match but poor refereeing decisions can cost you the game.

Haven't felt like this about a game in such a long time. So up for it words won't do it justice. I swing from "our names on the cup" to "we won't show up on Saturday". Will possibly feel better when I'm able to belt out a few songs but I will be a bag of nerves on the day of the game.

Trying to stay away from any "omens", good (the performance v Utd in the replay, St Johnstones lack of goals) or bad (Brines is the ref, recent performances against St Johnstone in the cup, 'Well fans are too confident, St Johnstones lack of goals), but I reckon it will be the worst I've ever felt after a game if we do lose on Saturday.

The Hampden pitch just looks massive due to the space between the touchline and the stands, still bigger than most buy not as huge as some think/make it out to be

Hannah Park in Shotts used to be the biggest playing surface in Scotland (might still be - because it's no changed any)

Haven't felt like this about a game in such a long time. So up for it words won't do it justice. I swing from "our names on the cup" to "we won't show up on Saturday". Will possibly feel better when I'm able to belt out a few songs but I will be a bag of nerves on the day of the game.

Well, have a word with yourself, not as if you are playing is it?

As an aside, any of you coppers' narks know the location for Motherwell supporters coach parking on Saturday? Should ask the club as they have been taking a keen interest in our 86 seater apparently :ph34r: For those towards the Mount Florida end of the ground, just outside as before? Be surprised if the press car park off Aitkenhead Road is utilised as it was at League Cup semi-final and would St Johnstone coaches have the trek to Polmadie Road that we had?

I reckon it will be the worst I've ever felt after a game if we do lose on Saturday.

For most older Well fans, defeat in this game wouldn’t compare to the Airdrie 1975 semi. All defeats are sore, but when it’s against your local rivals in an attempt to get to your first Scottish Cup Final in years, that really hurts. As has been said before that side were a good team and really deserved more for their efforts. Just out of curiosity, does any one know the crowd at Hampden for the first game and the replay?

2z6i7p4.jpg

Really hope we do it. We've had a good wee run but saints will sit in more than any team we've played for a bit and that doesn't suit uus. But we have had two comfortable wins v them and a dodgy pen loss. No reason not to be confident we can do it. I think brines will be fine. Apart from his shocker last night he has had a good season. At least he aint coming out having robbed saints blind as that could have made him a more dangerous beast.

--------------------------Randolph------------------------

Hateley---------Huthinson------Gunning----Hammell

--------------------Jennings------Lasley--------------------

Humphrey---------------------------------------Murphy

---------------------Sutton---------Jeffers------------------

As poor as St Johnstone's recent record of scoring has been they don't concede many goals either so i don't see there being much between the 2 teams on Saturday. It is important to get the ball out to Humphrey/Murphy to run at their full backs early on and hopefully draw tackles that will result in yellow cards which could be a big advantage to us.

We've been playing reasonably well for the last 4 games and that form would suggest we should reach the final, but i'm not taking anything for granted as we could perform the way we did against St Mirren 6 weeks ago and be dumped out. I'll predict a 2-0 victory for us, Murphy and Sutton to score. Mon the Well!!!!!

• Like 3

This is the team that I would go with on Saturday

Randolph

Ross Hutchinson Craigan Hammell

Jennings Lasley Hateley

Humphrey Murphy

Sutton

Subs - Hollis, Gunning, Saunders, Forbes, Jeffers

Thoughts ?????

Giant Motherwell v St Johnstone thread on the go. We tend to keep all match discussions in one thread.

Cheers.

As for your team, if Jeffers is fit got to play him. With Murphy, Jeffers and Humphrey playing alongside Sutton I think that will actually destroy St Johnstone.

*moved to Match Thread

I am not completely certain about the injury situation but given a full squad to chose from

Randolph

Ross Gunning Hutchison Hammell

Humphrey Lasley Jennings Murphy

Sutton Jeffers

Subs: Hollis, Hateley, Craigan, Forbes, Saunders

This would mean Hateley missing out on a start which is a shame because as someone mentioned on another thread he has played more games than anyone but there are better midfielders available to play and better right backs.

I think the 2 key decisions McCall has to make is to choose Gunning over Craigan and Hately over Jeffers. He may of course choose Hately and Jeffers and leave Sutton on the bench.........

My gut feel is Craigan will start over Gunning alongside Hutchison.

Really do not know whether Hately or Jeffers will start. He may go Murphy + Sutton up front.

God - it's a long week.........as I knew it would be....

Ross---------Craigan------Gunning----Hammell

--------------------Hateley------Lasley--------------------

We've played well in our last few games without Jennings, and with that wide Hampden pitch, Hateley's ability to pick out a pass and Humphrey's pace could be a killer combination.

We've played well in our last few games without Jennings, and with that wide Hampden pitch, Hateley's ability to pick out a pass and Humphrey's pace could be a killer combination.

No Hutchinson! yer affin a laugh!

I would go with

Randolph

Saunders Hutchinson Gunning Hammell

Humphrey Jennings Lasley Murphy

Sutton Jeffers

I think Craigan may get the nod over Gunning though.

Right back will no doubt be contested by Saunders, Ross, and Hateley.

No Hutch and no Jennings. Eh no!