Motherwell Vs St Johnstone

Yoshi-1991

I would go with

Randolph

Saunders Hutchinson Gunning Hammell

Humphrey Jennings Lasley Murphy

Sutton Jeffers

I think Craigan may get the nod over Gunning though.

Right back will no doubt be contested by Saunders, Ross, and Hateley.

The good news is that you really would not argue with any of the options are right back. The Central Defenders are a little more open to debate. Gunning/ Hutchison have had a couple of outstanding games together and on form look unbreachable but Craigan is the Captain and has the experience of the big occasions so it is a brave manager who leaves him out.

Strength in depth. How often have we been able to say that this season.

This is the team that I would go with on Saturday

Randolph

Ross Hutchinson Craigan Hammell

Jennings Lasley Hateley

Humphrey Murphy

Sutton

Subs - Hollis, Gunning, Saunders, Forbes, Jeffers

Thoughts ?????

Thats the team I would play. With Jeffers at the ready for Hately or Ross if things arent going our way.

i think craigan will play.

gunning had a couple of great games - celtic and the united replay - but also three absolute mares at ibrox, killie and ict plus fucking up for both goals at tannadice. craggs has been very consistent recently and i think he'll get the nod on saturday.

i think craigan will play.

gunning had a couple of great games - celtic and the united replay - but also three absolute mares at ibrox, killie and ict plus fucking up for both goals at tannadice. craggs has been very consistent recently and i think he'll get the nod on saturday.

I think you are probably right and any doubts over Gunnings injury would seal the deal.

Interesting that people believe McCall has only two selection headaches.

Has McCall established a formation that he regularly sticks to? That's a genuine question because I haven't been to any recent games. Do we know if he'll likely go 4-4-2? Or is there a chance he may go 4-3-3, 4-5-1, 3-5-2, etc? This will have a big impact on team selection.

Dont have a scooby what the team is going to be at the weekend.

Tell you something though, although Mo Ross has started his career very well so far at FP it would be extremely harsh to drop Hately or Saunders to accomodate him at RB. These boys got us there and deserve there place in the final.

For me it would be the team that won in the quarter final plays in the semi. But dependant on Gunnings fitness.

Randolph

Hately-- Hutchinson -- Craigan -- Hammell

Humphrey -- Jennings -- Lasley -- Murphy

Sutton -- Jeffers

Subs Hollis, Ross, Forbes, Saunders. Gunning, Jones

if he goes for a 4-3-3 then

Randolph

Saunders-- Hutchinson -- Craigan -- Hammell

------------------Hately-----------------

----------Jennings -- Lasley-------------

--Humphrey------------------ Murphy------

----------------Sutton ----------------

Dont have a scooby what the team is going to be at the weekend.

Tell you something though, although Mo Ross has started his career very well so far at FP it would be extremely harsh to drop Hateley or Saunders to accommodate him at RB. These boys got us there and deserve there place in the final.

Would have to agree with you on that one mate Ross wouldn't shouldn't oust Hatley or Saunders from the full back position ,and that's no based on sentiment Ross has done well but he isn't any better than Hateley or Saunders.

i have a sneeky feeling he will go with the formation that beat Utd, with Murphy and Humphrey going forward and making it a 4-2-4 at times.

Ross has looked pretty decent since he joined but Hately and Humphrey play very well down the right hand side.

So the team below would do it for me, tough picking a subs bench, imagine having a bit of depth

Randolph

Hately-- Hutchinson -- Craigan -- Hammell

Humphrey -- Jennings -- Lasley -- Murphy

Sutton -- Jeffers

bench:

Hollis, Forbes, Gunning, Jones, McHugh

Is it just me or is this week absolutely dragging in?

I can't wait for Saturday and the nerves have already kicked in. :mellow:

tis for me too.

then again i am unemployed :(

i am shittin it. The disappointment from a defeat on saturday would probably be the most painful thing to happen in my time supporting Motherwell.

Then again a win would be the best!:party:

LET'S DO IT MOTHERWELL! :woop:

Currently, the bus I am on has 4 seats available on it. It is set to leave Overtown community centre at 1030.

The price will be £7. Anyway if anyone is interested let me know.

Hi I am interestedd in picking up bus @Overtown. Let me know if seats still available.

jim mccann

I have absolutely no confidence for Saturday, mainly due to the regular disappointments we've had in semi-finals.

I never make predictions in big matches like this because I always think I'm tempting fate and they will go against me. I f we play like we did against Dundee United in the last round we should beat them, if we play like we did against ICT we'll get horsed. It's all about which Motherwell team turns up on the day. I hope to fuck it's the right one.

I remember the 1970 League Cuip semi-final, that was my first major diappointment with Motherwell, and I've always hated St Johnstone since that day. It took us another 21 years to get to a Final, with umpteen semi-final heartbreaks along the way. Revenge would be sweet, another final would be sweeter.

I have absolutely no confidence for Saturday, mainly due to the regular disappointments we've had in semi-finals.

I never make predictions in big matches like this because I always think I'm tempting fate and they will go against me. I f we play like we did against Dundee United in the last round we should beat them, if we play like we did against ICT we'll get horsed. It's all about which Motherwell team turns up on the day. I hope to fuck it's the right one.

I remember the 1970 League Cuip semi-final, that was my first major diappointment with Motherwell, and I've always hated St Johnstone since that day. It took us another 21 years to get to a Final, with umpteen semi-final heartbreaks along the way. Revenge would be sweet, another final would be sweeter.

Franny Jeffers scoring the winner would be even sweeter.

• Like 4

Think i'll put a bet on a St Johnstone win that way if Motherwell win it's happy days all the way to the final but if the unthinkable happens & St Johnstone win then at least i get some money so a bit of a silver lining to a shocker of a day. Kinda like a consolation prize to prevent Hari Kari

Think i'll put a bet on a St Johnstone win that way if Motherwell win it's happy days all the way to the final but if the unthinkable happens & St Johnstone win then at least i get some money so a bit of a silver lining to a shocker of a day. Kinda like a consolation prize to prevent Hari Kari

haha good plan, might do the same...make sure you put it on to qualify though or when we get beat in extra time you'll get two kicks in the baws