Top 6 Fixtures....if We Make It

Pettywulliegrew-2

unless you work for a bank or the council - how many folk on here actually get Easter off?

i was always under the impression that holidays were always more English orientated

i'm glad I aint a ............... fan

Monday April 25

St Johnstone v Inverness CT – 2pm (ESPN)

Hamilton Accies v Aberdeen – 4.15pm (ESPN)

or

potential relegation settler (it could be done before then)

Monday May 2

St Mirren v Hamilton Accies – 3pm (ESPN)

The SPL really dont give a fuck about fans - however, you could argue the clubs agree to a TV deal, so they are just as bad

Wonder if there'll be any split loyalties from mccall on the last day, if we do get humped you can be sure we'll be accused of lying down by somebody although tbh i would take the defeat in the league game if it means we get euro football again.

Celtic on the last day of the season. Let's hope we have a say in the title then. Would be good to get it up them again.

i despise Celtic, probably more than the next man - I hate everything about their club and what it stands for

however - IF and its a big IF..........we were to beat St. J and the league was not yet won, and it depended on THEM beating us - I would be cheering them on!!! Don't get me wrong, Skippy Sunday was great, Owen Coyle day at Ibrox was awesome - but seeing us getting into Europe again is better than a GIRUY to them losing the league

(its posted now! but is this scenario correct???? Celtic win the league, us and Celtic get to the final - we're in Europe?? - does it not fall to the 4th placed team in the league? was that not the chat after the Dunfermline, Gretna and whoever else shambles?)

• Like 1

i despise Celtic, probably more than the next man - I hate everything about their club and what it stands for

however - IF and its a big IF..........we were to beat St. J and the league was not yet won, and it depended on THEM beating us - I would be cheering them on!!! Don't get me wrong, Skippy Sunday was great, Owen Coyle day at Ibrox was awesome - but seeing us getting into Europe again is better than a GIRUY to them losing the league

(its posted now! but is this scenario correct???? Celtic win the league, us and Celtic get to the final - we're in Europe?? - does it not fall to the 4th placed team in the league? was that not the chat after the Dunfermline, Gretna and whoever else shambles?)

No if Celtic win the league and the Scottish Cup the runners up of the Scottish get in to Europe.

If Rangers win the league and Celtic win the Scottish 4th place gets the last Europa spot.

Just looked on the website at the fixtures for the top 6. It seems again we're the ones losing out, last year we had Dundee Utd on the Sunday and Hibs on the Thursday, this year we have Rangers at 12 o'clock on the 30th of April and Killie on Wednesday at 7:45 on the 11th of May.

Anybody else feel that the split is not working??

Just looked on the website at the fixtures for the top 6. It seems again we're the ones losing out, last year we had Dundee Utd on the Sunday and Hibs on the Thursday, this year we have Rangers at 12 o'clock on the 30th of April and Killie on Wednesday at 7:45 on the 11th of May.

Anybody else feel that the split is not working??

It's never worked but it's nowhere near as bad for us as last years was.

We will probably get a combined gate of 13000 at our 2 games where was last year it must have been 7000 (pure guestimate).

Granted it would have been ideal to get 1500 kick offs on a Saturday but would we realistically have added much more to the Killie crowd than my guess of 4000.

Can't help feeling the SPL would have been better switching the Rangers at home and the final game for a few reasons:

a) Potentially we play Celtic only 1 week later in the Cup.

b) A good number of players may rested if we progress on Saturday.

c) A Celtic title may result in us clinching European football, cue Rangers fans/club saying we didn't try, questions over level of effort/integrity.

d) Consequently, playing Rangers on the final day means we would have more of a incentive to beat the opposition with an eye on Celtic winning the title (no conflict of interests), therefore removes the accusations that could be levelled from c).

e) Motherwell fans can expect a can of worms to be opened in the following months press.

Needless to say, a sentence containing "piss up" and "brewery" springs to mind.

It's never worked but it's nowhere near as bad for us as last years was.

It's not perfect, but would it really be any better if our mid-table mediocrity meant we'd had nothing to play for the past few weeks around this time of the year, in the years where our fate in the top/bottom split was decided quite late?

The biggest issue about the split for me is the lack of post-split Saturday games for everyone, not who gets more home games than somebody else.