Semi Final Ticket Sales

Taff

Is there really going to be many 'well fans that aren't going to go to a scottish cup semi final just cos it's on tele??

We have a lot of “floating fans” who would go to a Final but will not be as keen to go to a semi that is live on the BBC. As I say I hope we do take over 10,000 but I can see the majority of floating fans e.g (relatives, friends) hoping for the big one.

Any indication yet on how many St.Johnstone fans will be there?

Regarding St Johnstone sales, we don't have many, if any, of the £25 tickets left and have had to order more for the North Stand as they are well onto the second block there. Not sure about the family section and other areas behind the goal (i.e. £18 tickets) though. I know it sounds ridiculous for a St Johnstone fan to say but it isn't the big attraction it would have been a few years ago to the day trippers as it's our fifth semi-final in four years. I'd hoped with it not being either of them that we were playing, a few more folk might fancy it but it doesn't really seem to be that way so far and the above estimate of 4,000 might not be far off. Very disappointing but our support doesn't seem nearly as up for this as yours is. I just hope that doesn't give Motherwell the extra man.

We'll not take anymore than 5000 on Saturday, the overall crowd will be less than 10,000. Why this game isn't being played at Tynecastle or Easter Road is beyond me.

I also predict that the question "Does anyone know how many tickets we've sold so far?" will be asked a further 342 times before Saturday.

Would like to think we would take 7,000+ at least, for our first Scottish cup semi at Hampden since 1975 without facing any of the Bigot Brothers,

This is a massive game and desrves a excellent turn out :pleasantry:

Hope fully the Saints feel this same and bring a bumper crowd as well.

Hopefully we dont earn the shamefull title of the lowest ever semi final crowd at Hampden between two top flight clubs :ph34r:

And I agree the game should be in Edinburgh at Easter road :doh:

Does anyone know if tickets will be available from Hampden on Saturday?

Just been told on the phone that Its too late for them to process telephone sales and it doesn't look like they're available online. I'm through in East Kilbride and its going to be difficult for me to get through to Fir Park before Saturday.

Pretty mental that i can't book over the phone 5 days before the gig.

Just been told on the phone that Its too late for them to process telephone sales and it doesn't look like they're available online. I'm through in East Kilbride and its going to be difficult for me to get through to Fir Park before Saturday.

Does seem a bit ridiculous, for a charge of around £4 or 5 they could send them special delivery, which is guaranteed nxt day.

I went to get my tickets the other day at literally 4:32pm, but the ticket office was "closed", I had the cash, and they had the tickets, but they don't sell tickets after 430. You'd think football clubs don't want our money??? :lol:

Crazy isn't it. I'll get the tickets somehow because i would never miss this game, but if I was sitting on the fence as to go or not that would have made up my mind for me.

Give me a shout mate as I am going down Wednesday to get 4 Tickets for my family from Inverness. I don't mind picking you one up and getting you at Hampden on Saturday.

• Like 2

our first Scottish cup semi at Hampden since 1975 without facing any of the Bigot Brothers,

I hope that’s not an omen. facepalm.gif Airdrie“fucking”onians. One of the worst Well games of my life. They even gave us a second chance to beat them and we still fucked it. Much, much worse than getting pumped by the Old Firm.

Any archive video available of that double Semi Final nightmare Yabba?

Would like to think we would take 7,000+ at least, for our first Scottish cup semi at Hampden since 1975 without facing any of the Bigot Brothers,

Ohhhhh.......THAT game.

Was 7 then and finding out that result made me realise I was a Dosser. All I knew was something about "4 steps....Rennie...1-0", didn't make sense to a 7 year old.

Perhaps an update to the advert on the official is required. Obviously written the day after we beat Dundee Utd its still showing telephone sales as an option.

If it perhaps explains why they wouldn't take your telephone booking this morning Tamwell, I phoned last Wednesday afternoon before the Utd game to book our lot and was encouraged to try to buy in person because of a backlog of telephone bookings that had to be processed. I was advised that if I did go with the phone booking it could well be as late as the early part of this week before they may be processed.

I went ahead anyway as we were going to pickup at some-point rather than risk the post, but a change of plan at work allowed me get up to Fir Park before the game, get my tickets and scrap the booking.

Given the bundle of forms that they searched through to dig out and scrap my original phone booking I think it must cause them a fair amount of lost time duplicating the process over the phone then entering into their booking system.

So that I would imagine is why they would want to wrap up the telephone bookings as early as they have.

I do agree though that if a 'Well fan is prepared to pay the additional required for a next day guarantee then, time allowing, there isn''t really a reason why we shouldn't be offering telephone sales up to Wednesday or Thursday.

Also a wee bit surprised that no late night opening has been offered either on at least one evening this week. Mabye it costs more than they bring in, I don't know but was always offered at least once in similar circumstances.

I picked up tickets today and the girl on the desk said without working it out we're comfortably around 4,500 tickets sold for the game. Our allocation is indeed 6000 like joe90 pointed out (thanks Joe) but we have the maximum availability for up to 12,000 if sales spike between now & then.

Edited by EightSixteen